Requested Bots & Templates - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Requested Bots & Templates

Bloody Melt
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    How do you create a bot? I want to create one to use my acccount to do lots of mainspace contribs?
    Sorry, no can do. That's just cheating. You need to put your heart into editing, otherwise don't edit at all.

Also, there's a bot program that Zhen has that uses a user in the bot category to edit based on programming...such as MewBot who creates links to the other Pokemon wikis.
    If ya need me, I'm probably playing some Mann vs Machine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/optimatum

DCM
    Blog Entries

Yeah right. Actually do the contributions yourself and then we shall talk
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Guardian of Earth
    Blog Entries

I dont want to talk to you DCM, or go back to IPGL. Stop saying that I want to talk to you. I have you blocked on Aim, so I am not asking for you to unblock me on Aim, i havent even mentioned Aim and your constantly, "then we will talk".

Your childish DCM, and cant have a proper conversation, thats why you block, so I did it back to you, and yes i got the last word in our aim chat.

Guardian of Earth
    Blog Entries

How would anyone know if I was to use a bot? I thought ph34r created one. Thats what it said in the article about him.

I wanna use mine for Good. I could call it SkyBot after my newly adopted little brother.

DCM
    Blog Entries

No. You do the edits yourself, or you dont do them at all. it would make no sense to have a bot that makes edits for a user
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Bloody Melt
    Blog Entries

How would anyone know if I was to use a bot? I thought ph34r created one. Thats what it said in the article about him.

I wanna use mine for Good. I could call it SkyBot after my newly adopted little brother.
    Still, you'd want bots are for generic stuff like redirecting and linking to the other wikis, not for regular edits. The reason why bots are in the bot category is so their edits don't clog up the server.

And please, no way is there a way to program a bot to edit like us normal users. Bots don't know how to transform news into words. Bots won't know how to explode in excitement when a Pokémon Topaz is released. Draw a line between robots and humans. There's a huge difference.

And with that, I'm ThatGirlWithNoOriginality, I try not to remember it so that the Nostalgia Critic doesn't sue me.
    If ya need me, I'm probably playing some Mann vs Machine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/optimatum

Guardian of Earth
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
    No. You do the edits yourself, or you dont do them at all. it would make no sense to have a bot that makes edits for a user
    Ill do what i want DCM, you dont dictate to me what to do.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Ill do what i want DCM, you dont dictate to me what to do.
    To use a bot to make edits for you isn't the way to go.

Guardian of Earth
    Blog Entries

Im just asking if it is possible. Im not asking about ethics.

Bloody Melt
    Blog Entries

Im just asking if it is possible. Im not asking about ethics.
    You already screwed up the wiki. PLEASE don't screw up the forums as well. You CLEARLY said "I want to make one so it can edit mainspace pages for me" or something along that line. THAT. IS A CLEAR CONTRADICTION!

Guardian of Earth
    Blog Entries

Ethics means whether its right or wrong, not whether you will use it or not. I want to know if it is possible to make one. [And if i did it would rival bulbabot and we would take over the wiki MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA.]

I mean I would use it (if possible to make one) to do good stuff on BP. Why cant you create a bot to edit the WIKI???

What is the reason that stops you from doing it, obviously some stuff wouldnt be possible for a bot.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

If there was a way to create bots to edit the wiki like humans, there would be no use for humans.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi View Post
    If there was a way to create bots to edit the wiki like humans, there would be no use for humans.
    Shh. Dont tell them that..Theyre on to us......
    No. Yuo are asking to edirt for you, but bots are used to do monotonous tasks and specifically those tasks. Like welcoming new users, which there is already a request for ;)

W.W.

Guardian of Earth
    Blog Entries

Why cant regular users welcome users? Its much more inviting than a bot.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Tavi has been warned over and over again because he welcomed alot of users and it was under user talk abuse

W.W.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast