Regarding the Elemental Monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)

View Poll Results: Fate of Monkeys?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protect

1 33.33%
  • Unprotect

2 66.67%
  • Not sure

0 0%

Thread: Regarding the Elemental Monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)

Default Regarding the Elemental Monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)

I would make some sort of long story about the situation, but I'll cut to the chase.

For those who don't know, Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour are currently protected because the names have appeared on the back of the English box art for Black/White. The problem comes form the fact that apparently names FROM THE BOX OF THE GAMES is not legit enough, people actually think they could be nicknames for crying out loud. Nicknames never appear on the box art folks, because it would cause false advertising and confusion. Another thing is that people are doubting the box entirely, saying stuff like "But those photos could be fake". They're not fake. Don't believe me? Then go to your local Game retail store and look at the boxes for yourself. High quality, bright as day images of the names with no strings attach.

In other words, there is no excuse.

It's one thing to doubt some random fansite that is often wrong or posts a lot of rumors. But doubting the Box Art? Now that is sort of bullshit and makes me question Bulbapedia's policies a little bit.

So tell me in a perfectly honest voice, should Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour really be protected at all? Is there some legit reason that they shouldn't be unprotected that I'm missing?

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Regarding the Elemental Monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)

we already have the pages moved, so we obviously already accept the names. you dont have to argue that. why theyre protected, im not actually sure. looks like they were protected when they were moved. ill check into it and get back to you on that one, but word of note, theres no need to make a big thread demanding they get unprotected. all you had to do was ask.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Regarding the Elemental Monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)

you see, i talked to some people and it was just an old protection that wasnt expired.
    they will be unprotected.