Project leaders - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Project leaders

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Project leaders

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Well...if you look at the Emerald Walkthrough, you'll see I've written most of it myself. I don't know much about games, but I do know someone who does (and refuses to register himself here), plus I've got some great ideas for the project.
    If you're still interested several months later, PM me or leave me a message on my Bulbapedia talk page.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterE13 View Post
    Other aspects, not necessarily projects, also carry alot of specifications. For example, the displaying of Pokémon's alternate forms is quite technical and might require somone to have some sort of authority over it.
    If I were you, and if you're interested in implementing something like this, drop a message in the Suggestions thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    So at risk of opening up this old thread to the masses, we now have a vacancy in the Games department following the prolonged absence of Sher-e-Bengal. Leadership is needed in this large area of the 'pedia, so any user who feels he may be up to the mark is welcome to submit an application as detailed here.
    This old thread is fine to reopen. It's still relevant. However, I'd say it's also alright to request the position here as opposed to the talk page, since both have equal visibility to most 'Pedia administrators. Either works.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    Project SpriteDex doesn't currently have a leader. I'm already maintaining the problematic sprites page at Bulbapedia and I've uploaded a lot of sprites (e.g. fixed all Yellow sprites from gif to png, resized/flipped many RG and RB sprites, currently have a Col face sprite project under work). Recently I also learned how to create animated png images. If my contributions are good enough, I would be interested to lead that project.
    You've got it; you're a reputable user with good contributions in that area. I'll add you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charitard View Post
    I'm somewhat gaining interests in being the Project:Games leader (even if it is temporary or not), but don't know if I qualify or anything. In fact, I haven't even joined the project.

Most of the project I'm in have a leader (except for Project:Walkthroughs, which I'm not really active at).

As for the games, I know quite a lot about the main series, not the spin-offs (that's a minus right there).
    First off, join the project! Then make a significant number of quality contributions to the area that project encompasses. Right now, I'd have to say you're not the best candidate, but keep trying and you could work in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    To be able to lead a project, you pretty much have to know exactly what Game articles need to become good articles.

If you have never significantly contributed to a game article, then I don't know if a lead position in that project is right for you.
    Why don't you leave that decision to us, alright? Thanks. :]

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    You've got it; you're a reputable user with good contributions in that area. I'll add you now.
    Thanks! I see you fixed me to the Games project, which is the top-level project for the SpriteDex project, this is maybe a little more than I expected, but I think I'll survive :D

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Yeah, um, Poli.... you seem to have skipped past the procedure that the Editorial Board set down last night....

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Yeah, um, Poli.... you seem to have skipped past the procedure that the Editorial Board set down last night....
    Maybe I was too charismatic? Lol... I didn't even specifically ask for the whole Games department, and I skipped the whole selecting process... o.O

E: Okay, this has been settled and fixed now. :p
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 11th November 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like to nominate myself for leader of Project GlitchDex. As many of you know, in addition to having founded the project, I have also done much work on it. Also, I am an active member of Bulbapedia, and edit whenever I can, and I don't foresee me becoming inactive any time soon for any reason.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Poli, if you didn't know, I've been Project Leader of CharacterDex for like some time...Just sayin' so you could update that list on the front page...

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    First off, join the project! Then make a significant number of quality contributions to the area that project encompasses. Right now, I'd have to say you're not the best candidate, but keep trying and you could work in the future.
    The first part was simple. I'm currently scooping around the parts were I think I can contribute greatly to.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

Thanks! I see you fixed me to the Games project, which is the top-level project for the SpriteDex project, this is maybe a little more than I expected, but I think I'll survive :D

The Editorial Board? Really? Or are we talking about you, Kogoro, TTE, Deth, and the cabal? Because I thought the Editorial Board actually consited of twelve members... I know that at least one of those members is easily reachable through PM, e-mail, or talk page message, even if I'm not online at that exact moment. Although some people may not share this, it's my firm belief that, within reason, as many EB members as possible should be included in a decision.

Maybe I was too charismatic? Lol... I didn't even specifically ask for the whole Games department, and I skipped the whole selecting process... o.O

E: Okay, this has been settled and fixed now. :p
    I was thinking your above post essentially stated that you could handle it. Oh well, it's resolved. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    I would like to nominate myself for leader of Project GlitchDex. As many of you know, in addition to having founded the project, I have also done much work on it. Also, I am an active member of Bulbapedia, and edit whenever I can, and I don't foresee me becoming inactive any time soon for any reason.
    Well, I'm all for it, but of course due to a recent uproar, I have to consult the rest of the E.B. first. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicRider View Post
    Poli, if you didn't know, I've been Project Leader of CharacterDex for like some time...Just sayin' so you could update that list on the front page...
    Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charitard View Post
    The first part was simple. I'm currently scooping around the parts were I think I can contribute greatly to.
    Alright?
    Last edited by Politoed666; 20th November 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

I thought we sorted this Poli. If you want to talk further do it over AIM. This is not the place.

Blog Entries

I thought we sorted this Poli. If you want to talk further do it over AIM. This is not the place.
    You're right. My bad. Note that I don't have problems with any of you as individuals, and TTE obviously has the right to make decisions on his own, but I feel that as many EB members as possible should be contacted when making any moderately major decision. That's all.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

How long does it take for a leader to become inactive enough to get replaced? Project Fandom has been pretty dead for a while, and the Leader hasn't edited in months.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

I would say that if a leader does not make a contribution to the wiki for a month--or no contributions to the project in two months (but contributing to the wiki)--they shouldn't lead.

My (very unofficial) two cents.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I'd say any leader can be replaced by EB fiat if it should be seen as necessary.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    I would say that if a leader does not make a contribution to the wiki for a month--or no contributions to the project in two months (but contributing to the wiki)--they shouldn't lead.

My (very unofficial) two cents.
    By that logic I should have been booted from BerryDex long ago, however, there are projects (such as BerryDex) that just finish what they need to do and are finished until a new editing standard comes along or a new generation is revealed.

These projects need to be taken into consideration.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

I think TTE would say projects never finish.

But on that note you're right, and perhaps those criteria need to be revised--dividing projects into "active" ones and "hibernating" ones. (I don't like "inactive.")
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast