Blog Entries

Default Re: Project leaders

Clarky, you got the job.

I pity the fool Clarky13's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Yes, Go me. Thanks :D

Bulbapædist electAbuzzzz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Since I'm back and nobody else stepped up, I suppose it would only be natural for me to officially lead my baby project - Project Music.

I pity the fool Clarky13's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

electAbuzzzz is BACK :D

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Quote Originally Posted by electAbuzzzz View Post
    Since I'm back and nobody else stepped up, I suppose it would only be natural for me to officially lead my baby project - Project Music.
    The only reason no one stepped up is because we were waiting for you to comeback and take the reigns.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Well, Kuki stepped up.... xD

Note that the only two missing leaders now are the two most abandoned Projects...

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

What about Pokédex? It's a really important project with lots of specifications and stuff but, as a casual observer, it seems to me like a giant unorganized mess. There is no clear leader and the whole thing seems to have fallen to the wayside. In fact, the point of having such a project currently escapes me as the lack of organization means that nothing is really specifically handled by it anymore: all the Pokémon-themed updates are handled by the community at large now. On top of that, the project page hasn't been updated since before Platinum. I asked a question there but didn't know where to

The idea proposed in this thread is great and I think few projects could use it more than Pokédex. (Just don't think I want the job, these are merely observations.)

I know it's not a top-lvel project, but I'd be willing to lead Project Walkthroughs. User142 hasn't done anything since...well, 2007.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MisterE13 View Post
    What about Pokédex? It's a really important project with lots of specifications and stuff but, as a casual observer, it seems to me like a giant unorganized mess. There is no clear leader and the whole thing seems to have fallen to the wayside. In fact, the point of having such a project currently escapes me as the lack of organization means that nothing is really specifically handled by it anymore: all the Pokémon-themed updates are handled by the community at large now. On top of that, the project page hasn't been updated since before Platinum. I asked a question there but didn't know where to

The idea proposed in this thread is great and I think few projects could use it more than Pokédex. (Just don't think I want the job, these are merely observations.)
    Hrm. Agreed, I guess. Anyone wanna step up to the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I know it's not a top-lvel project, but I'd be willing to lead Project Walkthroughs. User142 hasn't done anything since...well, 2007.
    Sounds good by me. However, show me what you can do before I promote you officially.

Well...if you look at the Emerald Walkthrough, you'll see I've written most of it myself. I don't know much about games, but I do know someone who does (and refuses to register himself here), plus I've got some great ideas for the project.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

Other aspects, not necessarily projects, also carry alot of specifications. For example, the displaying of Pokémon's alternate forms is quite technical and might require somone to have some sort of authority over it.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

So at risk of opening up this old thread to the masses, we now have a vacancy in the Games department following the prolonged absence of Sher-e-Bengal. Leadership is needed in this large area of the 'pedia, so any user who feels he may be up to the mark is welcome to submit an application as detailed here.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Project SpriteDex doesn't currently have a leader. I'm already maintaining the problematic sprites page at Bulbapedia and I've uploaded a lot of sprites (e.g. fixed all Yellow sprites from gif to png, resized/flipped many RG and RB sprites, currently have a Col face sprite project under work). Recently I also learned how to create animated png images. If my contributions are good enough, I would be interested to lead that project.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm somewhat gaining interests in being the Project:Games leader (even if it is temporary or not), but don't know if I qualify or anything. In fact, I haven't even joined the project.

Most of the project I'm in have a leader (except for Project:Walkthroughs, which I'm not really active at).

As for the games, I know quite a lot about the main series, not the spin-offs (that's a minus right there).

Team Black

Team White

To be able to lead a project, you pretty much have to know exactly what Game articles need to become good articles.

If you have never significantly contributed to a game article, then I don't know if a lead position in that project is right for you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast