Project AniSpriteDex

Thread: Project AniSpriteDex

Registered User TorchicBlaziken's Avatar

Default Project AniSpriteDex

I came up with a new project, that requires much effort and is related to Project SpriteDex.

It is making animated sprites for Black and White, preferably in PNG form.

But not just that; making them for gender differences, backsprites, forme differences, and shinies.

We know that animations go this way: a normal animation which is played thrice, and a rare animation which is played once after. Many of Arkeis's sprites are flawed. The Spriters Resource is good because it does do this, and it even has sprites that we can use (but please follow their crediting rules), but we have to do the Shiny stuff on our own, as few people there did the whole animation for the shiny sprite too.

Also, status conditions, especially Sleep, as well as HP, affect the sprite, so we should have a button next to the sprite window that applies a status condition and adjusts the HP of the Pokémon. Sleep is special because it actually closes the eyes of the Pokémon.

Fortunately, a Pokémon's frozen sprite is not animated, (I've seen) so we can use a stationary png for that.

I think that this project is so big, it should be separate from, but affiliated with Project SpriteDex. But all this effort should be worth it.

And when a thing at the bottom says that the article has been improved by this project, it should say that Firefox is recommended to view the animations.

Also, a new template for the Archives that has Reshiram and Zekrom's animated sprite on the left and right, respectively, which says "Animated battle sprite of a [gender] [shiny] [Red-Striped/Blue-Striped/West Sea/East Sea] Bulbasaur [in its Forme] [when its HP is high/low] [while asleep/poisoned/burned/paralyzed] in Pokémon Black and White. This Pokémon is #001 in the National Pokédex. Please note that, as a png, the animation may not show up in some browsers. Do not change the image if it is not moving."

We would have a different template for when a Pokémon is frozen, as the image is stationary. We would have a picture of a frozen Kyurem on both sides, which says, "Sprite of a [gender] [shiny] [Red-Striped/Blue-Striped/West Sea/East Sea] Bulbasaur [in its Forme] while frozen in Pokémon Black and White. This Pokémon is #001 in the National Pokédex."
    Last edited by TorchicBlaziken; 5th February 2011 at 12:03 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Project AniSpriteDex

Look. It's nice you want to upload sprites but no need to start a project about it. I have been uploading animated pngs ever since I joined. No one gave a damn about it before. We just finished doing a massive move project, so please, actually produce some work before you go ahead telling people what to do. Bring it up with an EB member before you suggest something so big.

Registered User TorchicBlaziken's Avatar

How do I convert .gif to .png on a Mac? Also, how do I slow down .gif?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Project AniSpriteDex

Here's a download to a converter for Mac. I don't have Mac so I can't test it.