Pokémon List by EXP yield suggestion

Thread: Pokémon List by EXP yield suggestion

Default Pokémon List by EXP yield suggestion

On bublapedia we only have Pokémon List by EXP yield by National dex. What about in each game/dex? Some time ago I created such lists for every game/dex. I think this can be helpful and useful. What do you think guys? Should it be on bulbapedia? I don't know how to become editor and add things on wiki and stuff that's why I'm posting here my ideas and my work.

Pokémon List by EXP yield by Satetsu

Last edited by Jioruji Derako; 10th August 2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: adding spoiler tags to the list, for those of us who don't enjoy scrolling for hours.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon List by EXP yield suggestion

I don't think having one for each game dex is any more useful than just having them all on one page - you're most likely only going to look for one Pokemon anyway, and the national 'dex is just one way to include 'em all.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    I don't think having one for each game dex is any more useful than just having them all on one page - you're most likely only going to look for one Pokemon anyway, and the national 'dex is just one way to include 'em all.
    But if you play specific game and you want to train your Pokemon before E4 or something then you can look into that list and check which pokemon gives best exp.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Satetsu View Post
    But if you play specific game and you want to train your Pokemon before E4 or something then you can look into that list and check which pokemon gives best exp.
    You can do that with the full list too. Just ignore the Pokémon not existing in that region.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    You can do that with the full list too. Just ignore the Pokémon not existing in that region.
    I already noticed that xd well I wasn;t smart enough when I was making those lists lol. I should have thought twice back then xd Eeerm now you decide what to do with this...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

At the very least, I'd say we could put region colors on Pokémon of a specific generation. Maybe. Not everyone would like that, though. Some prefer white backgrounds.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

However, it is a pain if you're looking for E4 trainer as the OP said and you don't want to continue checking for what Pkmn exist in the region.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

And then of course there's the problem with the Pokémon who appear in their non-native regions. Sure TTE's suggestion would give Magikarp Kanto colours but you could train against it in any region before the E4 (not that anyone would want to :P)

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think there were actually one or two pokemon whose EXP yeild changed in between games. If I am correct and that is the case, it would be best to have something like:

| Dex# | Name | RBY | GSC | RSE | FRLG | DPP | HGSS | BW? |

And have columns running down each, with blank spots if not native to that region. It would be repetitive most of the way, but I'm pretty sure they changed just two pokemon's exp yeilds at one point.

EDIT: I was right. Geodude's changed between Gen II and Gen III.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DRaB View Post
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think there were actually one or two pokemon whose EXP yeild changed in between games. If I am correct and that is the case, it would be best to have something like:

| Dex# | Name | RBY | GSC | RSE | FRLG | DPP | HGSS | BW? |
    Do you have any idea how many columns that is? -_-

And have columns running down each, with blank spots if not native to that region. It would be repetitive most of the way, but I'm pretty sure they changed just two pokemon's exp yeilds at one point.

EDIT: I was right. Geodude's changed between Gen II and Gen III.
    We could simply have a "List of Pokemon by effort value yield in Generation II" article for that. The EV yield was equal to the base stats, but the EXP yield would probably just be mostly the same down the column.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Yeah. You're probably right. I like having a lot of information in front of me, but that's probably too complicated for what's mostly going to be the same number in each column. I know Satetsu wanted them seperated by region, though.

We have a lot of columns for the List of Pokemon by Base Stat Totals, though, and that's one of the most useful pages ever.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

There are two Pokémon whose experience yields changed between II and III, last I checked.

No one plays anything before Gen III competitively anymore.

And no other generations changed experience yields.

And no. We aren't putting a cross-regional list for Ndex. No no no no no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    And no other generations changed experience yields.
    Well, just to bring this up again, almost all the EXP yields have changed for BW.

So... are we going to put in a new column for it?

(BTW, the new info is here.)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Game Freak, you assholes.

Welp. Looks like we'll have a list for Gen I/II, a list for Gen III/IV, and a list for Gen V.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Game Freak, you assholes.
    They revamped the whole system, too, so I feel your pain. It's a PITA for me to try and figure out the formula, but I have found out that it divides the subtotal number by the victorious Pokemon's level to get the total EXP yield.