"Payout" page

Thread: "Payout" page

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default "Payout" page

Since TTE's talk page is apparently locked, I can't get to him about a template change there, but there's something I need to ask him regardless.

I'm currently creating a page called "Payout" which is an article on trainer payouts, and was wondering whether, on the Trainer template, the word "Reward:" denoting the payout could link to the page when it's completed.

Of course, the quality of the page and everything would have to be verified first, but I'm just asking whether it's a possibility.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Default Re: "Payout" page

Yes. When it's finished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    Yes. When it's finished.
    Well, that's what I meant, so thanks.

Also, the layout of the page is finished, all I need now is for somebody to collect some more raw data for me.

Some of the Gen.3 and Gen.4 trainers' payouts are inaccurate as they're displayed on the page now, or their data is unavailable, so I can't really rely on those.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

More LTs. More capitalizing Trainer as a proper noun. More not using "you". Also, level is the last Pokémon fainted by the player, as I've seen variations when the Trainer switches out Pokémon... though it's a rare occurrence.

I should try something with a level 100 Pokémon with Whirlwind. Blow away Pikachu whenever it comes out, defeat everything else first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    More LTs. More capitalizing Trainer as a proper noun. More not using "you". Also, level is the last Pokémon fainted by the player, as I've seen variations when the Trainer switches out Pokémon... though it's a rare occurrence.
    What's an LT...?

It's last in memory for Gold - I remember (actually, verified) a fisherman with a Level 15 Magikarp paying out P200 because the last one stored in memory was one at level 5. Sometimes the trainers' Pokemon are sent out of order entirely, not just because they're switched out.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    What's an LT...?
    LT = Link Template. Their use prevents inadvertantly linking to a disambiguation page, and as such is required, rather than optional. They also make linking to a specific page correctly much easier.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

LT = Link Template

damn Werdnae. we posted at the same exact time.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    What's an LT...?

It's last in memory for Gold - I remember (actually, verified) a fisherman with a Level 15 Magikarp paying out P200 because the last one stored in memory was one at level 5. Sometimes the trainers' Pokemon are sent out of order entirely, not just because they're switched out.
    I remember Lance paying less once when he didn't send out Altaria last, because I KO'd it already.

Blog Entries

I remember Lance paying less once when he didn't send out Altaria last, because I KO'd it already.
    If you can verify it again, I'll be happy to reconsider. (As it is now, though, the last Pokemon in his party isn't even the Altaria, it's the Level 75 Dragonite.)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

He usually sends out Altaria last. I'll see what I can do.

Blog Entries

That being said, if the Altaria really were the last one sent out, then by your metric the payout should have been P14,600. ...was it?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Usually I have Amulet Coin... but I forget. Last time I faced him...

Blog Entries

Usually I have Amulet Coin... but I forget. Last time I faced him...
    If you have an Amulet Coin, it would be P29,200 by your metric. (With the Altaria, I mean.)

Try facing him again, if it's possible. And document the order in which Lance sends out his Pokemon.

(But don't post the results here - I put up an entry on the talk page for it. It'll be better organized that way )