An option to disable this...

Thread: An option to disable this...

Default An option to disable this...

Well, I wonder why you don't put on the wiki some kind of method to disable articles related to the main games and not its remakes. I mean, I'm searching for example for Littleroot Town (Hoenn), now i see which items you can adquire. One of them is Latiasite, but oh wait, i haven't pokemon OR/AS... That's what i'm trying to mean (also, why did you changed the amulet coin icon...) That's because I don't really like remakes. Well, the FR/GL remakes were good, but up to HeartGold & SoulSilver i just... no words.
    I would like an option to disable it please. I'm totally sure the are more people like me, who thinks is a good idea.

Default Re: An option to disable this...

Most item checklists already specify which version (originals or remakes) they apply to, specifically to avoid this kind of confusion.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Most item checklists already specify which version (originals or remakes) they apply to, specifically to avoid this kind of confusion.
    So the obvious solution is to apply this to the checklists this doesn't already apply to?

Basically yes, but I'm not that familiar with the list templates to know exactly how.

However, as a quick example: Kanto Route 9 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Elite Bulbapedian SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    So the obvious solution is to apply this to the checklists this doesn't already apply to?
    I don't know of any such lists that do not already do this. Do you have any examples?

Here's a thought: Why do item checklists put the game/version last?

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

It makes sense to put the games as the last section - is what I thought when making the item list template.

I generally prefer listing them by games first, before listing them by location - to avoid this confusion.

Team Black

Team White

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    It makes sense to put the games as the last section - is what I thought when making the item list template.

I generally prefer listing them by games first, before listing them by location - to avoid this confusion.
    Do you mean listing the columns or the rows? As in, the games column should come first, or all the rows in one game should be grouped (as much as possible)?

I've actually been thinking that it might be good if the itemlist templates were sortable by game.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

The rows. They should be listed by games, so all of RSE items are grouped first and then the ORAS items.

It just looks weird to see two columns of RSE then a column for ORAS then two more columns for RSE and then another for ORAS, so on so forth.
    Last edited by Force Fire; 28th December 2014 at 01:11 AM.

Team Black

Team White

Well, so long as the item templates stay as they are, I fully agree with that. (If they changed to, say, show versions more like encounter tables and be sortable, I'm not sure if that'd change; but it would at least be fixable.)

The Expressionless Assassin Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

We don't believe reasonably possible to make a table that will allow such sorting. However, we can move the games further ahead & make the style match up more with the Pokémon encounter tables.

A quick example can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    We don't believe reasonably possible to make a table that will allow such sorting.
    I'd like to know what about it is considered so "unreasonable", if I may?

The Expressionless Assassin Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    We don't believe reasonably possible to make a table that will allow such sorting.
    I'd like to know what about it is considered so "unreasonable", if I may?
    Sorting with a header that covers multiple columns doesn't work. In order to allow sorting to work properly, it would require a number of different header templates to cover all of the needed combinations of games with individual cells for each game in the header. Templates like that would only prove to cause more issues than the sorting function is worth.