5 100.00%
  • DUMP IT!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most important Gen V upgrade

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default The most important Gen V upgrade

And here it is. The one we really need input on.

The learnsets.

Currently, abandoned and hidden in the dark reaches of my userspace is my proposed revamp of the template. It's not the current design I have in mind for the header, but the basic setup is the same:

So your thoughts?

EDIT: Updated the proposal. Votes may be entered either here or on the talkpage (I prefer both). Requests for additional tests can be made on the talkpage.
    Last edited by TTEchidna; 7th September 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The most important Gen V upgrade

I like having the additional move effects listed in the learnsets. I'm all for changing the template.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Hmm... I'm personally not sure about listing the move's effects, because there's no way of doing it concisely. I mean, I like what you've done in the examples, but additional effects are the kind of things that - to my mind - you go to the move's page for. Personally, I'd just stick with the Physical/Special/Status categorisation that we currently have.

I see you also added Priority to the example tables. I'm ambivalent on this one. It's the sort of thing that can be easily expressed in table form, but at the same time, I dunno if enough moves have increased or decreased priority to merit its inclusion. There's also the fact that Priority's a relatively 'minor' attribute of moves, in that (to my knowledge) it isn't listed anywhere in-game, whereas all of the other attributes that we include in the tables are.

So at the moment I'm leaning 'no' on the additional effects, and either way on priority.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Listing the move's effect is redundant. That's what the article for the attack is for.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

I don't like how the move text color is normal

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Listing the move's effect is redundant. That's what the article for the attack is for.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. Sure, it looks somewhat neat, but isn't really that useful.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I also think it has too many columns. That and they're all squished together.

I liked the old column layout better, but Priority might be a good thing to have. Might.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

also agree. just looks messy with all the {{tt}} in there.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    Yes. Seriously, we don't need to explain "move", "TM", "type", "level" or "contest" to anybody. If someone doesn't understand what they mean, either they haven't ever played a single Pokémon game or they must have some mental difficulties. "Appeal" and "jam" should be self-explanatory terms for any Gen III or IV player as well.

And "cat.", "pwr", "pp" and "acc.%" are rather trivial abbreviations too. Really, "father" is the only one worthy of explanation.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 28th August 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

The nail has been hit on the head. I don't think we need to change much, if anything, with the current layout. Progress for progress's sake is something Dolores Umbridge would say.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    Yes. Seriously, we don't need to explain "move", "TM", "type", "level" or "contest" to anybody. If someone doesn't understand what they mean, either they haven't ever played a single Pokémon game or they must have some mental difficulties. "Appeal" and "jam" should be self-explanatory terms for any Gen III or IV player as well.

And "cat.", "pwr", "pp" and "acc.%" are rather trivial abbreviations too. Really, "father" is the only one worthy of explanation.
    Instead of abusing tooltip, we could just link to the articles about those things. That way, we can go much more indepth. But I do agree that father needs explanation.

Anyway, I thought we were going to be using MS for fathers now, because it's much shorter and more efficient. Like on Bikini Miltank's page with the pre-evo moves. I think that Priority would be a nice addition, but it would link to the Priority article, not abuse tt (as I mentioned above). Also, I don't really like the plain text-style links - keep them blue. And as mentioned on the talk page, sortable lists would be good.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    Progress for progress's sake is something Dolores Umbridge would say.
    Dolores Umbridge is a jerk and her taste in interior decorating leaves much to be desired. D:

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

No tooltip, no black links, maybe sprites for fathers. Also, any examples for Move tutors?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Move tutor would stay the same, only using colordark for the non-available text, instead of plain color, like the wild Pokémon templates do.

And no black links? You sure?

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

I don't suppose it would be possible to seperate paired versions Tutor parameters? Maybe through a special extra parameter that would only really be used on one page?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast