BULBAPEDIA: Japanese cards to English card images.

Thread: Japanese cards to English card images.

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default Japanese cards to English card images.

I was going to scan some major cards such as Tepig, for a example, and add them to the TCG articles to replace the Japanese cards. But how? Can anyone tell me how to replace a image? How may I upload it?

So what does everyone think of really trying to work on this? I think it would be really nice, I may list the cards I'm adding here soon. If you are working on changing any just share.
    Thanks!

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Japanese cards to English card images.

In order to upload over images, you must first become "autoconfirmed" on the Archives. This happens after making an undisclosed small number of edits and having an account for a short amount of time. You can get edits by uploading some other images that we need to the Archives.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

The images you upload need to be of either equal or higher quality as the Japanese scans. They also need to contain the full card, borders and all (no right corners). After you upload a few, we'll discuss how we can improve your scans. But yes, SnorlaxMonster is also correct about the autoconfirmed business on the archives.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

As far as uploading over a certain card image goes, it's true that quality of scan comes before language. If you can get an English scan of equal or better quality than the Japanese one, by all means go ahead. However, if it's not of such quality, please don't.

The exception, as far as I'm concerned, is if a scan is used on a deck archetype article, English is far preferable and quality isn't as large an issue. In that case, do NOT upload it over the existing Japanese scan. Rather, upload it under a separate name and change the image in the archetype article. Leave the card article itself as-is. Understand?

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Ok, I totally get it. Thanks everyone!!