Glitchdex question

Thread: Glitchdex question

Default Glitchdex question

Hi there, I'm new to this whole editing Bulbapedia thing.

I have recently been researching into the Pokemon Green Glitchmons, and noticed they were surprisingly different to those in Blue and Red. Do you think I should just report my findings on the page of that Pokemon's index (number in the programming?)

For example, " 94h/ " (index 0xF9) acts very differently in Green than Blue version. This glitchmon, unlike 94h, is usable in battle, but its after-battle effects are bizarre and shocking. I've noticed other differences, is that enough to produce its own page?

Also, if anyone wants to know, the party data in Green is located at 0xD123 in the RAM, if anyone wants to help out and all.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Glitchdex question

If you can make articles for glitch Pokémon from the Japanese games of the same quality, I say go for it.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

If they can be obtained without cheating, then yes, they get articles. If not, they go onto the (currently userspaced) page about all the Pokémon obtained through cheating devices.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    If they can be obtained without cheating, then yes, they get articles. If not, they go onto the (currently userspaced) page about all the Pokémon obtained through cheating devices.
    Actually, that page got so long that it was breaking things, and practically unusable, and tended to be inaccessible due to its length, so it was deleted.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Actually, that page got so long that it was breaking things, and practically unusable, and tended to be inaccessible due to its length, so it was deleted.
    I should still have it archived (hopefully!), though I haven't got around to fixing it (like I promised).

E:
    19:40, July 12, 2010 Kogoro (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:UltimateSephiroth/Evacuated glitch Pokémon articles" ‎ (Author request)
    That happened after I built my latest computer. As I'm not at my apartment right now and thus don't have access to it, I cannot check today whether I still have the article or not.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 2nd March 2011 at 08:45 AM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Okay, great! I can play the game far enough to get to the Mew Glitch, then I can manually RAM hack my mon's stats to get the right Special values.

Since the Mew Glitch also works in Green, I should be able to get different versions of the Glitchmons by just patching my mons, but it might be better to catch them "legitimately". lol

Also, let me know when you get that page up, because I can post those glitchmons too.

Edit: Are the glitchmon's base stats reverse-calculated or obtained from somewhere in the RAM?... I don't see a pointer or anything...
    Last edited by pycthedragon; 2nd March 2011 at 09:13 AM.

BP Appearance Coordinator Jioruji Derako's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    I should still have it archived (hopefully!), though I haven't got around to fixing it (like I promised).

E:

That happened after I built my latest computer. As I'm not at my apartment right now and thus don't have access to it, I cannot check today whether I still have the article or not.
    If you don't have it, I can dig into the deletion log and grab the article's original contents for you.
    Geo - a.k.a. Jioruji Derako

deviantARTistBulbapedian