GIFs for Pokemon Crystal Animations

Thread: GIFs for Pokemon Crystal Animations

Default GIFs for Pokemon Crystal Animations

I registered just so I could ask this (incidentally, hello =D) -- every GIF for the Crystal animations seems to be longer than the actual in-game animation (and in cases such as Sentret, uses frames that don't even seem to exist in-game). It also seems that the GIF frame timing isn't aligned with the timing of the Gameboy itself. I can understand the timing being off, but I don't understand where the longer animations and extra frames are coming from.

I haven't actually played through Crystal in a while...is there another place in the game where the longer animations are shown...?

EDIT: Should this be a discussion? I've never played an active part in a wiki before.
    Last edited by Hakuromatsu; 14th October 2010 at 09:52 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: GIFs for Pokemon Crystal Animations

Might be the status screens? I dunno, as far as I knew they were fine.

We're gonna hopefully be reripping them in the coming... soontimes. making them anipng instead of gif.

Default Re: GIFs for Pokemon Crystal Animations

This Chrome user was about to complain about APNG, then I realized there is quite the heated topic about it already...

At any rate, you're right, it's the status screen. I never noticed it was different the first time I played.