Gen I/Gen II Starter & Event Pokemon Stats

Thread: Gen I/Gen II Starter & Event Pokemon Stats

Default Gen I/Gen II Starter & Event Pokemon Stats

I've been trying to find this information with little luck on Google. It seems there is way more information on more recent generations than RBY GSC even though those games are older. Or all that information is buried way down there in the deep web.

I'm wondering if IV values are fixed or variable for starter pokemon and event pokemon in the first two generations. In other words, If i restarted Crystal 3 times and picked the same starter, would all three have the same stats or would it vary. OR, if I softreset before picking up Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle in Yellow would the stats be the same every time?

Thanks for any help/info on this.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen I/Gen II Starter & Event Pokemon Stats

Gen II the starters definitely have a different IV each time, as it is possible to get a female by softresetting. I see no reason why they'd specifically designate starter IVs. I'd assume that they'd just set it to use the same mechanism as a wild Pokemon.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

There weren't really event Pokémon in the first two gens though. AFAIK, Mew was traded directly to players, and Celebi was only distributed in Japan via the GS Ball, which allowed you to encounter a wild one. So Mew would have had set IVs, while Celebi wouldn't. Unless of course you mean in-game event Pokémon, like Lapras, who I would assume do not have set IVs (but someone should still check this).

Speaking of the Gen I Mew distribution, does anyone still have a mint one? We don't have it documented on Bulbapedia, and I think we should. Being Gen I, all we'd need is its distributed level, moves (which would probably be the level-up moves at that level), OT and ID#, and IVs if we want to see if they are constant.
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 4th July 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Speaking of the Gen I Mew distribution, does anyone still have a mint one? We don't have it documented on Bulbapedia, and I think we should. Being Gen I, all we'd need is its distributed level, moves (which would probably be the level-up moves at that level), OT and ID#, and IVs if we want to see if they are constant.
    I wonder, was the Mew traded in Japan different from the one in America? Something to also think about. Or was Mew never available overseas? I cannot remember.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I found exactly what I wanted. So they were that limited? Well, I see that they were level 5 at least, and one batch had random ID#s which were given to you on a certificate. Still, the help of anybody who has one would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Maybe send that guy a PM about the Mew's stats? The photos of the Mew storage might be his own.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.