The end of an era

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of an era

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default The end of an era

Here we go again with the cryptically-named threads, hm?

Anyway, I've got an announcement for you all, in case you didn't read the Message from the Editor.

And that announcement is... I'm done. I'm giving up the position I've held for the past two years as Editor-in-Chief of Bulbapedia. I'm handing it down to MAGNEDETH, who will serve for two years more before choosing his own successor, and so it will go from there.

I've been glad to have been around on Bulbagarden as we moved from Generation III to Generation IV, and was happy to lead us into Generation V.

But just like Johto must be left to the past for us to move forward, so must I. I feel like I've been losing touch with the community - sure, I know practically everyone who joined up before me and around me, but I'm barely communicating with those who joined this year, and my lack of checking of the recent changes on the wiki leads me to, when I do check them, ask myself who the heck these users editing are.

So yeah. Happy day and all? I dunno. I'm going on vacation in two weeks, and I'll probably not be very active until after that ends, because I'm really feeling burned out, and just simply, gasp, dare I say it, bored of Pokémon. We'll see what happens when I get BW, though. Maybe Ganon, my Tepig, will be enough to get me outta this rut.

Default Re: The end of an era

Well its ok if your getting a little tired of Pokemon, its not a crime at all. It happens to us all at one point or another.

Anyway, hope the vacation goes well.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

I wish you the best in your future endeavor, and welcome the new EiC.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

As long as you still are somewhat here, we're good. Sad to see you leave EiC, though. Good luck on your journey!

And kudos to you, DETH! Happy to see you take on the job. :D

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Alpha View Post
    Well its ok if your getting a little tired of Pokemon, its not a crime at all. It happens to us all at one point or another.
    i actually grew tired of, and stopped playing Pokemon at one point myself (just before RSE). but after some time, i realized i actually missed playing it, so i came back, and now im the new EiC. even i am kinda surprised.

i will be posting a full response to this a little later, so for now i say thank you, but for the inside scoop, youre gonna have to wait a little bit.

Aww, well, I guess change is inevitable. Bye TTE, thanks for the great service!

Battle Pike Champion HoennMaster's Avatar

I'll miss your craziness TTE :)

Blog Entries

We'll miss having you as EiC, hopefully you'll continue to hang around. Thanks for all that you've done as EiC, and best of luck in any and all future undertakings.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

No TTE, don't go! I <3 you!
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

I can breathe in space. Masatoshi's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Oh well, enjoy your well-deserved rest; it's not easy to keep up with an evergrowing Pokémon encyclopedia, being the most known of 'em (or at least I think so). Kudos, Magnedeth, I hope your metallic body will be able to keep up as well.

And now, where am I getting inspiration in template-making? Damn :/.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

I remember you getting that position. You've been through a lot of crap during the past few years, but you've always come out with only a spot or two left on the bottom of your shoes in the form of the occasional troll. Glad I stuck around long enough to see you leave too, because this was one wild ride. I'll miss the craziness of trying to organize everything with you during the Pt to HGSS transition. Although a lot of other people get credit for helping you too.

The Era of the Echidna has come to an end.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Bulbapædist Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Your leadership will definitely be missed, TTE. You and I joined BP around the same time, so we've pretty much been together this whole time. Although I'm sure my absence has been noticed as well, but that's primarily due to school work. Good luck in your future endeavors!

And congrats to DETH! I realize it's been forever since we talked, but I know you'll do amazingly as editor-in-chief.

Blog Entries

I.......
    am.......
    shocked................

But, congrats MAGNEDETH on becoming the EiC!

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I left pokemon in Gen III, came back for Emerald and then full time for HGSS. I understand what you're going through. Enjoy your vacation.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Hard work pays off. It must feel great after all the work, huh?

Well... hopefully, we'll still see you around here. I may not have known you for a very long time, but I do remember you fondly.

Maybe after this "retirement", you might do better. Eheheheheh... sometimes, the real contributions come when one isn't holding a position. Don't take this the wrong way, though.

I hope MAGNEDETH will do much good!
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast