Can't Make Account with my e-Mail.

Thread: Can't Make Account with my e-Mail.

Default Can't Make Account with my e-Mail.

Okay, so I recently created a new account with Bulbapedia. I decided that I didn't want that account, so I tried to delete it. Little did I know that you can't delete accounts on Bulbapedia. So I changed my existing e-Mail to another, and tried to create a new account from there. I used my e-Mail to try and create a new account. It then said that my e-Mail is still used from my old account, which I changed. I now can't create a Bulbapedia account with my main e-Mail address.

EXAMPLE:
    Old account: example123
    Password: password.123
    e-Mail: example@hotmail.com

"Hmm, I don't like this account, I want to make a new account with my e-Mail, 'example@hotmail.com.' I can't though because I can't have two existing accounts logged on the one e-Mail. I'll change my old account e-Mail to another so 'example@hotmail.com' can be valid."
    I changed it but it still isn't valid!!!

Can anyone help!!!!????

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Can't Make Account with my e-Mail.

The system is smart enough not to let two accounts use the same email. Changing the email doesn't re-open it for new accounts. As far as I'm aware, once the email account has been authenticated, there's nothing that can be done to re-open that email. Even if there were, it would require advanced digging on the database from the rear end, which is something that simply won't be done - the techs that know how have much more important things to be doing.

So really, you have two options.

#1: sign up with a different email account. If you do that, let an administrator or higher know after you have - multiple accounts aren't allowed, so we'll block your first account. Unwanted accounts left sitting in the wings for a long time have the potential to get users in trouble for having multiple accounts.

#2: Make a decent number of edits to the articles. Accounts can be renamed by Editorial Board members, but it's complex and relatively server-intensive. It's not something we do at the drop of a hat - we require users to make a decent number of mainspace contributions before we'll do it.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Default Re: Can't Make Account with my e-Mail.

Hmmm, thanks!!! :P