BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Keep graphical errors, although I do fear how huge the page might become.

Don't merge the articles about two completely different console models.

Mainspace the page about the important terrain type.

Move the page to the seemingly more official name of the CD.

Split the section of the frequent anime guest star.

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

1. I think Anime graphical errors is useful, but my concern is the size of the page. It is bad enough that Who's That Pokemon is so big it takes a long a time to load on my computer because of all of the images. If we are to keep Anime graphical errors I think it would be better to separate it by season to reduce the size the page. I also think a similar thing should be done with Who's That Pokemon.
    2. I don't think the Nintendo DSi XL and Nintendo DSi should be merged into one article, because they are two completely different consoles.
    3. I don't think that Turtwig A's Forest page is notable enough, since a category is sufficient in my opinion. However similar pages are already in the main space, such as Cave. So in my opinion it should be either the similar pages go or Turtwig A's Forest page gets main spaced.
    4. I agree the page should be moved to GBA Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Music Super Complete since it is on the CD case.
    5. I agree anime Cynthia should be separated into Cynthia (anime), because of her large number of appearances which often includes a major role in the plot of the episode(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ariel View Post
    I think Anime graphical errors is useful, but my concern is the size of the page. It is bad enough that Who's That Pokemon is so big it takes a long a time to load on my computer because of all of the images. If we are to keep Anime graphical errors I think it would be better to separate it by season to reduce the size the page. I also think a similar thing should be done with Who's That Pokemon.
    What if we were to split it by generation? I'm sure there are movies and specials that have graphical errors that don't fit into the seasons. I can see why load time would be an issue, so the best, I believe could be having it split into several articles. But that'll be once a significant amount of work has been done to the page. We aren't at that stage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ariel View Post
    don't think that Turtwig A's Forest page is notable enough, since a category is sufficient in my opinion. However similar pages are already in the main space, such as Cave. So in my opinion it should be either the similar pages go or Turtwig A's Forest page gets main spaced.]
    I personally think they should say because a category doesn't cover them all, like I pointed out in my previous post about Mirage Forest and the Pal Park's Forest area. These are forests, but aren't separate pages, so that means it is impossible for the category to list them. Maybe, we'd be able to incorporate habitats into the terrain pages as well. Seems logical, and beefs up the pages a little bit
    Last edited by Maverick Nate; 5th September 2013 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post

What f we were to split it by generation? I'm sure there are movies and specials that have graphical errors that don't fit into the seasons. I can see why load time would be an issue, so the best, I believe could be having it split into several articles. But that'll be once a significant amount of work has been done to the page. We aren't at that stage yet.
    I think that makes sense to separate the page once the page has been updated. However movies and side series could use "Movies" and "Side Series" instead of seasons for separation. Generations aren't really mentioned in the anime. But Generations could work as well.

I personally think they should say because a category doesn't cover them all, like I pointed out in my previous post about Mirage Forest and the Pal Park's Forest area. These are forests, but aren't separate pages, so that means it is impossible for the category to list them. Maybe, we'd be able to incorporate habitats into the terrain pages as well. Seems logical, and beefs up the pages a little bit
    I think that makes sense to incorporate habitats into the terrain pages. Which in that case Turtwig A's page should be main spaced then.
    Last edited by Lady Ariel; 5th September 2013 at 09:35 PM.

I just think seasons are harder to work with, as there are Japanese episodes that didn't air in English, And future episodes that haven't debuted in english yet would have to move around pages before settling in their English season page. Additionally, I think turning this one page into 16 is rather excessive. Maybe series? So, we'd only have original, Advanced, DP, BW, and XY. I don't think seasons is a good divisor for these.

I just think seasons are harder to work with, as there are Japanese episodes that didn't air in English, And future episodes that haven't debuted in english yet would have to move around pages before settling in their English season page. Additionally, I think turning this one page into 16 is rather excessive. Maybe series? So, we'd only have original, Advanced, DP, BW, and XY. I don't think seasons is a good divisor for these.
    I agree series is much better than seasons.

Elite Bulbapedian SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Anime graphical errors - Never liked this page. I don't think we need a collection of graphical errors on one page; they are better suited for the individual episode pages.

Nintendo DSi XL/Nintendo DSi - Not the same console. Separate articles.

User:Turtwig A's Forests - I have been meaning to fix up and subsequently mainspace this page for like 2 years. See Cave for how it should look. If someone wants to clean it up like that page, just mainspace it when you're done.

Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Music Super Complete to GBA Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Music Super Complete - It's on the CD cover; it needs the move.

Cynthia's anime section splitting off into "Cynthia (anime)" - Blech, I don't like splitting off characters different media counterparts into their own articles. Only when they are travelling companions or stupidly major recurring characters (Oak, Giovanni) should this happen. I think it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary, and Cynthia's anime section is not unworkably large.

New topics have been added, as many of the last five were finally talked through well enough to have them dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Anime graphical errors - Never liked this page. I don't think we need a collection of graphical errors on one page; they are better suited for the individual episode pages.
    I only think we should keep it because people were interested on the talk page at looking at all the errors at once. Believe me, having to look at hundreds of pages to get the info you want is extremely tedious and annoying. I just think that it would be very convenient for those that want the information, sort of like the anime staff directory pages.

I'm for the merge. Seems to make two interesting pages one awesome page.

A good page that should be in the mainspace, honestly. For the move.

Moving) Contest category to Contest condition
    All seem like more accurate appropriate names to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Cynthia's anime section splitting off into "Cynthia (anime)" - Blech, I don't like splitting off characters different media counterparts into their own articles. Only when they are travelling companions or stupidly major recurring characters (Oak, Giovanni) should this happen. I think it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary, and Cynthia's anime section is not unworkably large.
    As much as I dislike these anime page splits, I think Cynthia's role is far too large and awkward to just have the section anymore. She keeps coming back again and again, and I think that in order to retain balance on her main page, we should split the anime off and only have a brief anime summary on her main page. Additionally, it seems that the anime content is being suppressed in order to be on her page in a section, and I think that as a separate page, we'd get more, fuller content.
    Last edited by Maverick Nate; 9th September 2013 at 01:21 AM.

LawLu | chibitorra (dA) Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Deletion) Anime graphical errors (continuing discussion from last week)
    I don't mind if we delete it.
    Pretty much what others said, it's just an unnecessary compilation of the stuff which is already mentioned in the respective articles. And considering the type of information, it is much easier to find the said info on the episode articles than it'll be from going through a massive pile of information.

I am not sure about merging it, mainly because of its lengthiness (as compared to the TV article). Would it be possible for us to treat it like a sub-article?

Splitting) Cynthia's anime section splitting off into "Cynthia (anime)". Additionally, there is a Userspace page related to the split (continuing discussion from last week)
    At first, I was against this but now I don't see any reason to not split it. It does qualify for a separate article and the amount of content we have is not that bad. However, the existing userspaced article needs a overhaul.
    But I wouldn't mind knowing what Kenji-girl thinks about the split.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

I was called to give my opinion on two things regarding the anime.

I still don't agree with the Cynthia split. She's probably never going to return to the anime after this unless the games decided to put her in Kalos too. Splitting should only be reserved for characters that appear in three or more series like Professor Oak and Giovanni. Perhaps her anime section can be trimmed a little, but it doesn't need its own page.

As for the anime graphical errors, that's what we have the error section on each anime article for. So no, we don't need it.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

I didn't know we had that rule about anime character pages. I didn't mention it earlier but my support for the page definitely disappears if Kenji doesn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterE13 View Post
    I didn't know we had that rule about anime character pages. I didn't mention it earlier but my support for the page definitely disappears if Kenji doesn't agree.
    Now that we have a set rule that everyone knows about, the decision is much much easier.

Also, I implore people to comment on the other candidates this week. Only two days left.

[Animalise gibberish] Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Deletion) Anime graphical errors (continuing discussion from last week)
    Support. Given the long run of the anime, this page will only continue to become more cluttered. People interested in the errors should go to indivdual episode pages, or browse the Anime errors category on the Arcives.

Ehh, I wouldn't object, but the size of the resulting article if the merge takes effect should be kept in mind.

Support. An article with good length that meets precedent with similar mainspaced articles.

Moving) Contest category to Contest condition
    Support. There's more to these conditions than the contests. The condition values are even retained in Gen V, despite having no contest mini-quest.

Splitting) Cynthia's anime section splitting off into "Cynthia (anime)". Additionally, there is a Userspace page related to the split (continuing discussion from last week)
    While it is rather lengthy for a game character with an anime role, I'm going to agree with @Kenji-girl here.
    Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

09/06/2013 update: Anime graphical errors was deleted; Television shows in the Pokémon world and Television were merged; User:Team Magma Zangoose/Colored orbs was mainspaced; Contest category moved Contest condition; Cool Contest to Cool (condition); Beauty Contest to Beauty (condition); Cute Contest to Cute (condition); Smart Contest to Smart (condition); Tough Contest to Tough (condition); Cynthia was not split.

Now, I am not completely sure what to do about this article. I chose it for discussion because (other than it seemed to be the only feasible deletion discussion option) was that I had never heard of it before and would like to ask some of the senior members such as @Archaic, @evkl, @Evil Figment, @Musashi and anyone else who might know about what this site did (invite yo' friends) to comment on it. I personally don't see a reason why it should be deleted.

Seems reasonable and sensible. I support the merge.

I think this is a useful page that should be mainspaced.

Moving) Scalchop to Scalchop and seamitar
    Since the article is about both, I would support a move. Maybe slightly support a split, but mostly just a move.

Splitting) Game Freak's In the game content splitting off into GAME FREAK (Trainer class).
    This should probably be on its own article. They just happen to be the same people, but they don't have to be on the same page. We don't have Imakuni's? card on the Tomoaki Imakuni page. I don't think we have the Worlds finalist trainer classes on the specific peoples' pages, do we? I support a split, maybe un all caps the title though, if we could.

[Animalise gibberish] Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Definite support, like I did when I was gathering trainer data in an XD run. The only thing really notable about Cipher Peons is that some of them carry Shadow Pokémon, and that can be broadcasted clearly enough on the respective location article and the Cipher Peon page.

No objections here. While there's no BIG key items (save for RS's Master Ball) that are missable, having this sort of information on hand would be useful for browsers.

Moving) Scalchop to Scalchop and seamitar
    In favor of moving. Splitting wouldn't be very viable, as the seamitar isn't as big a focal point of Samurott as the Scalchop is to Oshawott/Dewott.

Splitting) Game Freak's In the game content splitting off into GAME FREAK (Trainer class).
    Support. Especially if it continues in XY.
    Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast