BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

My only concern with #1 is that we could end up with two really short pages that repeat almost the same thing. The ones that have had a decent appearance in Adventures should be fine. That leaves Ryoku and Bronius, which could be worryingly short. With all that said, I would not be opposed to the split, the current page isn't great either. Here's hoping they both have larger roles in Adventures and/or the anime Plasma arc so it's not a concern.

Very much support #2 and #3.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Mikuri has split Gorm and I've split Giallo. Here's what Bronius and Ryoku look like with their own articles.

This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    2) Moving Version to "main series"
    3) Deletion of Members of Team Rocket
    Strongly agree with both of these. Main Series does sound more appropriate. The members of Team Rocket page seems like a copy of the template and isn't really needed.

Alright, I want this Ransei facility template of mine looked at before I request its deletion. While the display shown on the current kingdom pages displays its information well enough, I feel mine is much more streamlined, and is made to match the types of templates you'd see in the main series location pages.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

I like it, I'll poke some of the senior staff to take a look at it.

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

I'd like to suggest the deletion of the Disney article and the Disney XD article. Disney is not important enough for Bulbapedia to cover. We don't have articles on Turner Broadcasting Network or Times Warner for running Cartoon Network. Disney XD should be deleted because we don't have an article on any other channel. What makes this one so special?

OK, time to tackle the elephant in the room.

In the past few generations, the description for the stat-increasing vitamins referred to the values they affect (commonly known as effort values) as "base stats". However, that same term has been used since the start of the series for a different, static set of values instead. Today's trailer used the term to refer to effort values, but we can't call two different values the same thing.

To further complicate matters, Japanese B/W used the term "base points" for effort values, but we did not move the page back then.

My personal opinion is that keeping the pages "Base stats" and "Effort values" at their current names and using disambiguation at the "Base stats" article and related articles is the best course of action, at least for the next two months before the X/Y release.

I added three new topics to the first post. I'm hoping to gain some more attention to this thread again, since we never actually finished getting all the pages dealt with.

1) I agree that the "Kami trio" page should be moved to "Forces of Nature". We've been getting many different official recognitions that the trio is recognized as the "Forces of Nature" from the anime, and the TCG, and I think that if we get an official name somewhere, we should be using it over any fanbase name, no matter how popular it may be. We've moved Legends of Justice. Time for this one too.

2) Pledge Grove being merged into Floccesy Town: As I do not own B2W2, I am not sure how separate of a location this actually is. Though, from the looks of it, I think it can stand as its own article.

3)MisterE13's Team Plasma Trainer class page: First off, I want to ask @MisterE13 what his intention was with this page. It seems to group together all Team Plasma related Trainer Classes, but is that necessary? Do we have opponents in the games that are listed as "Team Plasma's N" or something? From my limited knowledge right now, I think it may not need a page (but feel free to convince me), and can simply be incorporated into other articles.

As for the two posts above this one mentioning further candidates that need dealt with, I think the Disney articles should stay, and that we should wait for the games to come out for the Base Stat and Effort Value pages to be handled.
    Last edited by Maverick Nate; 29th August 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries

1) I wasn't sure with the anime alone, but that TCG merchandise makes it very clear that they are definitely officially called the "Forces of Nature".

2) Pledge Grove is a separate save location, so I would rather keep it on its own page. I prefer to let save locations (except individual gates) have their own articles.

3) N, Ghetsis, Colress and Zinzolin all use the Trainer class "Team Plasma", so this is a necessary page. I've heard claims that the villainous team grunts are done simply by setting their Trainer class to "Team Plasma" and their name to "Grunt", but I'm not sure if that actually is the case, and even if it is, whether it matters in how we define Trainer classes.

If grunts were removed from the page, I'd say mainspace it now.

1) I wasn't sure with the anime alone, but that TCG merchandise makes it very clear that they are definitely officially called the "Forces of Nature".
    We also had a product calling the Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem trio the "Legendary Dragons of Unova" by name. Not completely sure how well that one would go over with the fandom, or how often they've been referred to that, but I'm personally willing to have it moved to that. Any official recognition should be considered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    We also had a product calling the Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem trio the "Legendary Dragons of Unova" by name. Not completely sure how well that one would go over with the fandom, or how often they've been referred to that, but I'm personally willing to have it moved to that. Any official recognition should be considered.
    That one sounds a bit more conjectural than official though. I wouldn't move it.

3) N, Ghetsis, Colress and Zinzolin all use the Trainer class "Team Plasma", so this is a necessary page. I've heard claims that the villainous team grunts are done simply by setting their Trainer class to "Team Plasma" and their name to "Grunt", but I'm not sure if that actually is the case, and even if it is, whether it matters in how we define Trainer classes.

Does this apply to other regions' teams? If, by moving this page, we're creating a series of articles, that should be figured out beforehand in order to either A) prevent the creation of pages that shouldn't exist, or B) commission the creation of pages that should exist.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

SM hit the nail on the head. I originally made the page for N, Ghetsis, and the Grunts while also attempting to bring about renaming other Trainer classes pages to remove the word Grunt based on similair hearsay (in fact, did you hear it from me SM?). I'd like to see the page mainspaced at least based on the Team's higher-ups (if our own higher-ups don't agree on including the Grunts) but have it ready to go with the Grunts as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    Does this apply to other regions' teams? If, by moving this page, we're creating a series of articles, that should be figured out beforehand in order to either A) prevent the creation of pages that shouldn't exist, or B) commission the creation of pages that should exist.
    Other regions use "Aqua Admin", "Boss"/"Rocket Boss", "Rocket Executive"/"Team Rocket Admin"/Executive", "Galactic Boss", "Commander". Team Plasma is the only one that has Trainers use the team name as a class (unless the grunts and pre-HGSS Rocket Admins/Executives do work how I mentioned earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by MisterE13 View Post
    SM hit the nail on the head. I originally made the page for N, Ghetsis, and the Grunts while also attempting to bring about renaming other Trainer classes pages to remove the word Grunt based on similair hearsay (in fact, did you hear it from me SM?). I'd like to see the page mainspaced at least based on the Team's higher-ups (if our own higher-ups don't agree on including the Grunts) but have it ready to go with the Grunts as well.
    Yep, pretty sure I heard it from you. Since you don't seem very sure either, I think it would be best to leave them off (and even if it is the case, I'm still uneasy about organizing our pages like that).

The previous three are being dealt with accordingly. Now for the 5 starting on 08/30/13.

Deletion) Anime graphical errors: Honestly, I think this page should stay. It is convenient and better in my opinion to have everything on one subject together instead of split among the 800 episode pages. I know, at least for cards, it would be a step backward to not have an Error card page and only list that information on each individual card.

Merging) Nintendo DSi XL into Nintendo DSi: I think they should stay separate articles. The 3DS and 3DS XL are separate: they have separate prices and release dates. No need to cram the DSi XL onto the DSi page.

Mainspacing) User:Turtwig A's Forests page: I think having articles on different terrains could be interesting, but it doesn't really tell me anything important enough for me to want to keep it. Could a category be sufficient to replace this? My only concern would be things that aren't separate pages, like Mirage Forest and the Pal Park's Forest area

Moving) Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Music Super Complete to GBA Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Music Super Complete: seems logical. The Move-to title is on the CD case. I'm for it

Splitting) Cynthia's anime section splitting off into "Cynthia (anime)" & mainspacing this Userspace page: I could see this happening with Cynthia appearing in the anime more and more as time goes on. but I'd love to hear what @Kenji-girl has to say. I specifically also restored the Cynthia userspace page that I remembered existing, so that we give credit where credit is due, and have a base for the splitting article.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast