BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

The title needs to be concise though. When it starts turning into a description more than a title, we've developed a separate issue

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Well, if we rephrase it to "anime/manga/game move anomalies", it is just as concise as what we have now.

I still don't like the word anomaly, and still would prefer the word inconsistency. Anomaly seems unnecessarily...advanced for what we need. In order to make my point here, i even looked it up on dictionary.com. Guess what? One of the definitions was "an incongruity or inconsistency. " They pretty much mean the same thing.

Still, I do see how the words can be misleading. It's one of the reasons why I haven't brought it up for a long while. I was personally waiting for the perfect word to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    NEW DISCUSSION TOPICS!!!

1) Game move errors. This page seems ready for the mainspace. Even if it may be not complete, mainspacing it is the first step towards creating awareness about it.
    2) Mr. Psychic. Meh. I feel a merge is in order. The character really isn't that notable.
    3) Vermillion Harbor Same with Mr. Psychic. It doesn't really have that much of a purpose except for that it had to exist for the boats. A merge seems appropriate.
    1.) I'm fine with the move, being trapped within user space means some people may not even realise it exists, at least if it's in mainspace others might be able to see and improve it.
    2) Merge, had he appeared in other media, there might have been grounds to keep, but game exclusivity nullifies that for me.
    3) Due to the limited information, despite appearing in three forms of media, I think it should be merged as well.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

1. im not against the article, and i dont really have a huge problem with "errors" but if you guys are thinking off alternate words, perhaps "Game move continuity errors"? im not entirely against "inconsistency" either, but im not really against whats there. just some input.
    2. merge it. hes only been in the games and nowhere else.
    3. im ok with the merge as long as we can make it clear that it has had a larger role in other media.

Blog Entries

Okay, I want to bump this. Here's what I think should be done, and should be the consenus:

• Mainspace "game move errors" under that name until a better name can be found (which can be moved to its talk page, or the talk page of another move errors page)
    • Delete Mr. Psychic for having an article just for having a name
    • Merge Vermilion Harbor into Vermilion City

Blog Entries

I'd like to suggest that 'Mewtwo (Pocket Monsters)' be moved to 'Blue's Mewtwo'. I'm not the one who flagged this article, someone else did back in December 2011, but I can't help but agree with it. And this has been ignored for months...

I can understand why the article would otherwise be titled as that, but this Mewtwo was captured and is owned by Blue, and therefore should have its title renamed.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

i wonder what @Zesty Cactus; would say about this
    Last edited by MAGNEDETH; 15th April 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Not trying to sound impatient, but do we have to wait for Zesty Cactus? I figured that this sort of thing would be put to a vote.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Zesty Cactus is the head of Manga, but I'm assuming you already know that. Anything regarding the Manga must be approved by her first.

Team Black

Team White

Jet, the NPC from HeartGold and SoulSilver in the Pokéathlon, should get his own article since he made a major appearance in Pokémon Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    Jet, the NPC from HeartGold and SoulSilver in the Pokéathlon, should get his own article since he made a major appearance in Pokémon Adventures.
    Would you be willing to write something up in a notepad and add it when the lockdown is over?

Blog Entries

The previous three topics have now been dealt with. Here are three new ones:

1) Splitting off Gorm, Bronius, Giallo, Ryoku from Seven Sages
    2) Moving Version to "main series"
    3) Deletion of Members of Team Rocket

I am in favour of all three (I'll post my reasoning later, or you could check their talk pages as I have posted on all three of them)

I completely agree with all three of these. (Sorry about my lack of tender love and care for this thread recently.)

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

I'm all for it. The Sages are important characters and deserve their own pages; "Main series" is more appropriate and is already used in a template; and Members of Team Rocket is just a list of links with unnecessary descriptions since all the characters have their own pages.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast