BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

For #2, this was made recently.
    MisterE13 likes this.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Ughh...another exceptionally complete article made in the userspace? We don't want that to happen anymore. Stop doing that.
    MisterE13 likes this.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Okay, so the consensus is removing Orre and TCG islands from the template, and having it for Ranger only, yes? Speak now if you don't agree. If there is no opposition, It'll be modified and moved.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

theres certainly enough characters form the Ranger games alone to constitute its own template.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MisterE13 View Post
    I like them, but I don't think the "see also" and show/hide method is necessary because there are so few. Just display all regions by default, and the character's name will go bold when on their page.

NEW DISCUSSION TOPICS!!!

1) Game move errors. This page seems ready for the mainspace. Even if it may be not complete, mainspacing it is the first step towards creating awareness about it.
    2) Mr. Psychic. Meh. I feel a merge is in order. The character really isn't that notable.
    3) Vermillion Harbor Same with Mr. Psychic. It doesn't really have that much of a purpose except for that it had to exist for the boats. A merge seems appropriate.
    Last edited by Maverick Nate; 14th February 2012 at 02:26 PM.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

I am in full agreement with the first two (though I do have a real soft spot for Mr. Psychic)

Though not as strong as my feelings for the others, I have no objections to merging the Harbour if thats consensus.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

1) Sure, I see no problems with mainspacing it.
    2) Not sure about this one yet I guess it can be merged. Nothing on this page that can't be combined.
    3)I agree, this one should be merged as well.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries

1) Can I just request we address this before we move it? However, I do support its mainspacing.

2) I'm pretty sure anyone who's read the talk page knows that my opinion on this is to delete it. I don't feel it is necessary to call it a merge since the only thing that isn't on Saffron City's page already is the images of his house. Either way, it has the same outcome.

3) The save location is simply called "S.S. Anne" in Gen I/III (the strip that leads onto the ship and the part that contains the truck) or "Vermilion City". We don't have or need an article on "Olivine Harbor", so I don't see it as necessary. However, suspect that it may have been created due to its role in Adventures; apparently 6 rounds took place there. Also, Pokémon Pinball distinguishes between the town and seaside, and does this for no other location. If someone who reads Adventures wants to argue to keep it separate, please do so. However, I personally think Vermilion City is the place that info belongs.

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

1. Major disagree - Title says they're errors & then the article says that they might not be errors, we should not have contradicting info in our articles & article titles. Just because a Pokémon knows a move it doesn't learn under normal means, doesn't mean it's an error. In that was the case, most events are "errors" & multiple Dream World Pokémon are also "errors". I really can't stand behind this article.
    2. Drop any relevant information back into Saffron & get rid of the Mr. Psychic article. Despite being in four generations, all he does of reasonable note is give out the Psychic TM. Not enough to warrant his own article, IMO.
    3. Entirely fine with merging the harbour into the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    1. Major disagree - Title says they're errors & then the article says that they might not be errors, we should not have contradicting info in our articles & article titles. Just because a Pokémon knows a move it doesn't learn under normal means, doesn't mean it's an error. In that was the case, most events are "errors" & multiple Dream World Pokémon are also "errors". I really can't stand behind this article.
    I personally think the article has a lot of interesting information that should be noted on the wiki somehow. Do you have any other suggestions for the article that will make it easier for you to agree with it? You have already provided a good point.

Blog Entries

I'm not really sure if they should be considered "errors" either, along with their anime and manga counterparts. I guess we could call them "move anomalies". But as long as the anime and manga ones continue to include "errors" in their titles, I stand by the title of "game move errors".

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I'm not really sure if they should be considered "errors" either, along with their anime and manga counterparts. I guess we could call them "move anomalies". But as long as the anime and manga ones continue to include "errors" in their titles, I stand by the title of "game move errors".
    I always thought they should be called inconsistencies instead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I always thought they should be called inconsistencies instead.
    I'd prefer not "inconstancies" because it implies they are inconsistent within the anime/manga, not that they are inconsistent with the games. "Pokémon with impossible moves in the anime/manga/games" or "Move anomalies in the anime/manga/games" would be my two preferences.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast