BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    Shouldn't the three debuts link to the actual pages?
    Good point. TCG and Anime done. Manga I haven't because of the number of different series. There will likely be more than one thing in the manga one, which makes autolinks problematic. I don't know if you'd like to add another parameter and have the card link generate automatically (set is already there, as far as I can tell, for the debut so there'd need to be a parameter for the name and a parameter for the number)

I also made it slightly wider because it was looking a little cramped (from 25% to 30%). I'm wondering whether to set the width of the. . . description title things to prevent them wrapping, as "Introduced in" and others are.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

I was planning on just using the {{TCG ID|}} Template for cards

So, class infobox is a go, yes? I think we've handled all the issues with it and can move it to the mainspace right away.

I'll take care of the DJ articles as soon as I can. After these two things are done, I'll post a new three in the OP

Sorry for the triple post, but I've posted three new topics in the first post. My opinions about what we should do about each are listed below.

1)I'd love to see these moved and a Lucario and Mewtwo one created.
    2)I personally don't know enough about these two
    3)I think this should be moved.
    Last edited by Maverick Nate; 11th January 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

1) I guess I don't see a problem with moving Pikachu (Smash Bros.) and Jigglypuff (Smash Bros.). What about Pichu? Will it get a page as well?

2) I don't really know much of anything about Glitch Pokemon...

3) I don't see a problem with moving that page either.

Welcome to Trafalgar’s "Room"
    Shall I steal what’s most precious to you?

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

1) These need to be mainspaced. I think it would be best if we also made articles for Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Pichu too. Also, I assume they would all get this nav template, and be linked where it currently links to the species articles. Also, I would reccomend putting links to the characters' SmashWiki articles in an "external links" section.

2) They are both located at index 0000 (this is the major point; index numbers can only hold one Pokémon), both do pretty much everything the same (copy partner's Speed, always Shiny, Bulbasaur cry, sometimes make everyone have Bulbasaur's cry). In fact, ISB even has the same sprite, just in a different position. Thing is that ISB is only ever seen on the opponent's side, while ----- is on the player's side. What it is is the same glitch appearing from the back and front, and people thinking they different. I honestly can't think of any way the two are different apart from one being on the player's side, and one on the opponent's.

3) Our policy is to go with the most recent name. No reason not to move it.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

1. they should be mainspaced, but i dont think we need the Pokemon infobox like that. these Pokemon werent caught nor do their genders matter.

2. due to my limited knowledge of the subject, im inclined to go with what SM suggests above.

3. move it.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

Im with Deth on all counts

Okay, so an update on this. I have moved Mass Outbreak, and also the two Smash Bros. Pokémon. I ask, however, that someone else could make the appropriate changes to Pikachu and Jigglypuff? And also if @SM could possibly be the one to merge the two glitches? I'm having a really big back log with current TCG, and it is beginning to get out of hand. I need to focus all my attention onto that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    Okay, so an update on this. I have moved Mass Outbreak, and also the two Smash Bros. Pokémon. I ask, however, that someone else could make the appropriate changes to Pikachu and Jigglypuff? And also if @SM could possibly be the one to merge the two glitches? I'm having a really big back log with current TCG, and it is beginning to get out of hand. I need to focus all my attention onto that.
    Sure. I wanted to do the merge myself anyway.

New topics

1)So. I like this. Maybe modify the colors a bit. But it does bring multiple similar templates together
    2)Sprayduck could probably be merged into a new article about watering items.
    3)Linda should probably be moved. Now, I don't know much about ranger, but she doesn't sound that important.

Blog Entries

1) As Kogoro points out on the talk page, only the Ranger NPCs really cross regions, so putting them on a template like that defeats the point of having it. I would make separate templates for TCG Islands and Orre, and then turn that into a template for only Ranger. Even if we do want a spin-off template, Orre shouldn't be there, and instead should be on a "side games" template with Pokétopia NPCs, and maybe Hayley, (Brigette and Carrie are in Hoenn and Johto, respectively).

2) I was considering writing a watering items article at one point. Like many of the things I consider though, I never did. Fully support making "Watering item" and putting Wailer Pail, Squirtbottle, and DW Water Can on it.

3) Wait until we have a dub name for Linda (anime). If she doesn't go by Linda in the dub (which I assume she will, but we shouldn't assume for articles), then we would need to move Linda (Ranger) back and put a disambig notice.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

I'm with SM on all 3 counts.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

i am in likewise agreement with SM.

Okay, so...

1)What exact changes need done to it, and can we make those happen? I am personally fine with whatever happens to it. Maybe @Kogoro and @SM could mention their changes/ideas here, so that we can know exactly what the plan is?

2)SM, are you still willing to make such an article?

3)I'll remove this one until the dub name happens, then we can just deal with it then.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast