BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

That's a yes on the infobox. That's all I have an opinion on at the moment.
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

DJ Snap (and all other DJs) could probably be put into their own section on the Goldenrod Radio Tower page.
    I am a little split on the moves page (which isnt in the category for merge/move etc btw) because moving the TCG elsewhere would leave that page pretty empty. I'm leaning towards no change.
    Infobox looks fine.

Not all DJ's work at Goldenrod

And as for the moves: It was when I posted it in the thread. guess someone else removed it. *shakes fist*. These should really only be removed by admins when discussion is finished

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    Not all DJ's work at Goldenrod (1)

These should really only be removed by admins when discussion is finished (2)
    1. figuratively speaking of course. DJ Snap would go to Goldenrod. other DJs would go to their respective towers. though, if theres enough info on DJs to support it, i guess its possible they could simply get their own article, but im not sure theres many notable DJs (prob just Mary, in which we get "Main article: DJ Mary").
    2. i agree

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

RE trainer info box: if a trainer doesn't have standard art and only sprites, what then goes in the box?
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tardor View Post
    RE trainer info box: if a trainer doesn't have standard art and only sprites, what then goes in the box?
    Good question. The template is set up to allow that, so I'd say most recent sprite would probably be best. Although it could prove annoying for Ace Trainer, etc. where there are two genders if we don't have artwork for them. (The template isn't set up to allow two images there.)
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

could we make it do that? at the least, we can make our own image.

Blog Entries

We can make it allow two images.

Personally, I would much prefer sprite(s) in the infobox to fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    We can make it allow two images.

Personally, I would much prefer sprite(s) in the infobox to fanart.
    Who suggested fanart? We could use TCG art...I know at least Copycat, Collector, Black Belt, Twins, etc have artwork from there.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

And some of them have anime and manga depictions, too, so there are those, if you feel a sprite won't do it.

But then the trainer boxes will look strange if one has sprites, others have Sugi-art, others have something else. Maybe the standard should be sprites, and whatever other mediums they come from can be in the depiction sections the TCs already have.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

i thought point of the box was to make use of the unused Sugi art

On the topic of the TC infobox - I did a test run of the template (without saving it). A few isssues I found:

1. The counterpart parameter should be optional; Some classes, such as the Fisherman, do not have an opposite-gender counterpart.
    2. The color parameters should be the same as the Character infoboxes (color, bordercolor, corecolor). This accommodates mixed-type trainers (i.e. Sages), trainers with no specialty (i.e. a majority of Orre trainer classes), and trainers with non-templated colors (i.e. Team Rocket trainers)
    3. The anime and manga parameters should be split, one for the episode/chapter debuted, and an optional one for characters with articles that identify by or are based on that class (i.e. Nicholai the Youngster of the Anime, Fisherman Wilton of Pokémon Adventures). While we're at it, how about a "Notable Members" parameter for game characters such as Joey and Selphy?
    Last edited by Chosen of Mana; 12th December 2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    On the topic of the TC infobox - I did a test run of the template (without saving it). A few isssues I found:

1. The counterpart parameter should be optional; Some classes, such as the Fisherman, do not have an opposite-gender counterpart.
    2. The color parameters should be the same as the Character infoboxes (color, bordercolor, corecolor). This accommodates mixed-type trainers (i.e. Sages), trainers with no specialty (i.e. a majority of Orre trainer classes), and trainers with non-templated colors (i.e. Team Rocket trainers)
    3. The anime and manga parameters should be split, one for the episode/chapter debuted, and an optional one for characters with articles that identify by or are based on that class (i.e. Nicholai the Youngster of the Anime, Fisherman Wilton of Pokémon Adventures). While we're at it, how about a "Notable Members" parameter for game characters such as Joey and Selphy?
    Would someone be able to fix these? @Werdnae? @trom? @Snorlax Monster? I'd really like to see this infobox in the mainspace within the next few days. If anyone else has any problems with it, speak up now.

I'd also like to see a link to the TCG article in the infobox if the card exists.

Blog Entries

Between MisterE13, Nate and I, 1, 2 and the card link are done. 3 I just added a "Notable Members" part for all media, I figure given there's often significant overlap or few enough that we can just put them all in the same box.

I've also added a few tests on the talk page so we can see it in action. Feel free to add more/fix stuff.

Shouldn't the three debuts link to the actual pages?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast