BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

I've changed my answer about the Wonder Launcher items. Merging them into Wonder Launcher would probably be for the best.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    that isnt what i was referring to.
    Missingno's first appearance is essentially when you find it using the Old Man Glitch. there-in, it would instantly be regarded as "MISSINGNO." as that is what it was debuted as. it is a glitch located in one game. it has no official spelling because it is not an official Pokemon. so therefor its technically official spelling would be as it is in the games. ie: all caps.
    I don't think this is such a bad option. All other glitch Pokémon are in the case they are in-game, so Missingno. should too. The reason this is an exception is because it was refereed to in that statement without a capital "issing".

I disagree that we go with what things debut as though. In fact, we do quite the opposite - we go by what they were named most recently. For example, Bell Tower, Cerulean Cave, etc. Even Pokémon, who were uppercase in the Generation I games too (which would be their first appearance), but have appeared in normal case outside of the games (TCG, random merchandise, BW, etc.).

Overall, if we to MISSINGNO., I could accept that, as that is consistent with the glitch Pokémon articles, but MissingNo. would be consistent with the general standard for names.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterE13 View Post
    I've changed my answer about the Wonder Launcher items. Merging them into Wonder Launcher would probably be for the best.
    If everyone else thinks this is the best way, I will go with it. Personally, I would prefer to have Wonder Launcher have a quick list with each item and cost, and the separate page with full item templates, but this method doesn't bother me. Either way is better than what we do now.
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 17th July 2011 at 03:29 AM.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I don't think this is such a bad option. All other glitch Pokémon are in the case they are in-game, so Missingno. should too. The reason this is an exception is because it was refereed to in that statement without a capital "issing".
    i see where youre coming from but if you think about it, how would anyone know how to spell it if it didnt exist before? way back in '98, if i said "hey guys, i found a Pokemon called "missingno"! how would you spell it? as of the moment Missingno existed, it was only referred to as MISSINGNO. but you cant type what you dont know. if i said "i beat Portal and killed GLaDOS." and you had no idea who GLaDOS was, or how to spell her name, you would simply expect "Glados".

im not really swaying or defending one way or the other, but if i had to pick a way to list it, Missingno. or MISSINGNO. would be my suggestions. the former because of every other Pokemon (ie: capital in older games, but still spelled like a proper noun) and the latter for reasons explained (ie: the only way its officially spelled).

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

For #2 I don't see why they can't just go on the Wonder Launcher page. There's already a list of the items and their points cost on the Wonder Launcher page anyway. If required I can modify the template to account for extra differences. Such as allowing the main price to be a non-Pokedollar value.

#3 . . . To be honest, I don't really know.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries

On second thoughts, if we replaced the Poké Dollar cost on the item template with the Wonder Launcher currency (what units is that in anyway?), and listed them on the Wonder Launcher page that way, it would be a better idea than giving them their own page.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    On second thoughts, if we replaced the Poké Dollar cost on the item template with the Wonder Launcher currency (what units is that in anyway?), and listed them on the Wonder Launcher page that way, it would be a better idea than giving them their own page.
    I believe they're just points acquired at the end of a turn.

Blog Entries

Okay, I've put the Pokedollar symbols into parameters currencybuy, currencybuy2, currencysell and currencysell2, which will allow them to be changed (and hopefully removed completely). All default to {{pdollar}}. Provided that the buy prameter has an entry, the parameters shouldn't be involved in any mathematical expressions, so should be able to take text as well as numbers for where the currency comes after the numbers, so if we agree to merge it into the Wonder launcher page, that can be done.

Do we all agree on that? If not, can we get discussion on it? Can we also get more opinions on Missingno./MISSINGNO./MissingNo. as well?

Blog Entries

Just to make my opinion clear, my preference is, in descending order, MissingNo., MISSINGNO., Missingno.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

Missingno. is what I consider official. It's what many people use, it's what I use, I say keep the same.
    Girly Princess likes this.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

I have to agree with SnorlaxMonster, in the exact order. MissingNo. makes the most sense for what it stands for in my opinion.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

im standing behind my decisions
    MISSINGNO. or Missingno.

Sweet Heart is a stub and rightfully, there isn't enough info out there. Merge it with C-Gear under feeling check with a quick description there seems a better idea than having a practically unexpandable stub.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilonexus View Post
    Sweet Heart is a stub and rightfully, there isn't enough info out there. Merge it with C-Gear under feeling check with a quick description there seems a better idea than having a practically unexpandable stub.
    While it would be nice to have somewhere else to put it, Feeling Check is not the right place. You can get it in the Dream World too, so the item isn't meant only for that purpose. I found a couple of ways to expand it, so I did.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

I've added new things to the main post to hopefully revive some discussion for this: it needs to happen. I will post my opinion on it.
    1)DJ Snap: I think it should be merged into the DJ article, which should also be improved enough for mainspace.
    2)Moves not in the Pokémon games: My quote from the talk page: "I don't think it needs to be split. I just think it needs to be organized better, which can easily be done after all of them are added in."
    3)Class infobox: I love it, and think it should be implemented. We currently have nothing for the Trainer classes, and this would be a nice addition.

Blog Entries

1) DJ Snap should be merged into the DJ article.
    2) Moves not in the Pokemon games looks fine as it is to me.
    3) Trainer Class infobox should be put into use

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast