BULBAPEDIA: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread - Page 12

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

hello everyone i am cool with Agatha's Gengar being mainspaced right now - it has a detailed history for Adventures as well as coverage for games, anime, and other manga. (i guess an Agatha's Gengar does not appear in the TCG?) anyway since it is her signature Pokemon and there is lots of cross-canon appearances (like Whitney's Miltank) i'd say it's a go. I will mainspace it now myself :P

the other ones i will think over for a bit but i will make a decision within this week, sorry for loafting guys :P

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Default Re: Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Update:The tags were removed from Beta Pokémon games and Hitmons; List of natures in other languages and natures were merged; Zesty is considering what to do with the three remaining userspace pages, and the status ailment split will be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    I'd like Aaron's Beautifly to remain a page. I actually do think it is notable enough to stay, being Aaron's first Pokémon, and one of his main Pokémon throughout his appearances in the anime. Though feel free to sway me the other way.

I can see this being merged into the core mechanics section of Pokémon Trainer.

Mainspacing) Trainer class disambiguation redo templates: Diamond & Pearl, FireRed & LeafGreen, Gold & Silver, HeartGold & SoulSilver, Red & Green, Ruby & Sapphire
    Are these even improvements at this point? These were made such a long time ago that I forget if we actually incorporated these and have since moved on, or if we never actually got to the point of including these. I'm pretty sure we should just delete these and if we ever need to reform the templates again, just start from scratch.

Moving) Water route to Sea route
    Does anyone know of a more recent official translated terms for this type of route? I saw on the talk page that "sea route"was used in gen 1, and the remakes, but If something is more current, I'd prefer to use that.

I was the one who proposed this in the first place. We;re having a larger interest in covering minigames as of late, and i'd love to see this get split off into its own thing, and more details added accordingly.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see the minigames get their own page, maybe covering the Pokemon Stadium minigames too. (and other minigames in other games; pretty sure FRLG had some form of minigames).

Agree with merging Pokemon Change to Pokemon Trainer's page.

Aaron's Beautifly didn't really do much, and the notability requirements says it needs to do more than just battle or have some sort of impact on the plot, neither of which it does (in my opinion). So delete.

I think the current trainer class template is fine.

I don't think Sea routes are called such in the games anymore, I don't have XY so I can't clarify that, but I'm pretty sure BW didn't.

Team Black

Team White

Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Deletion) Aaron's Beautifly
    I'm on the fence with this one, but compared to Agatha's Gengar, it has two appearances, and (biasedly) I don't count the games as important appearances, its documented in enough places already (Aaron's page, the Elite Four page...) looking at it's one other appearance in the anime, it's as important as say, Orville, the Pidgey. It'd be amazing if it had more appearances that could be listed, such as the manga.

Merge, we aren't the Smash Wiki, I feel it doesn't deserve it's own page where it's perfectly suitable to be on the same page

Mainspacing) Trainer class disambiguation redo templates: Diamond & Pearl, FireRed & LeafGreen, Gold & Silver, HeartGold & SoulSilver, Red & Green, Ruby & Sapphire
    I find our current ones are very messy, do we really need that much superscript, why can't we just separate it by generations within the template?

Moving) Water route to Sea route
    Sea Route if nothing more current exists (lol, punny)

Split, definitely split

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteit View Post
    I find our current ones are very messy, do we really need that much superscript, why can't we just separate it by generations within the template?
    Trainer classes need a lot of work. We're still missing pages on a bunch from B2W2, most side game trainer classes are missing their Japanese names, many are just made up of lists and nothing much else. I would not be against a complete overhaul of trainer classes eventually.

Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Eventually yes, but it's not of the most importance at the moment as we all know, However the mess I was talking about was mainly due to the mess that is Ace Trainer, at the bottom of the page are 9 topic templates :/

Deletion) World Championships Tournament

Merging) Berry fields into Kalos Route 7

Mainspacing) Disputed Pokémon

Moving) Having Drake (Elite Four) override the disambiguation Drake

Splitting) Phobos Battalion splitting into the six characters
    Deletion)I'd rather see this merged with the three subpages it has. The World Tournament should absolutely remain a page, but I don't think it needs to be four.

Merging)Berry Fields should remain a separate page, IMO

Mainspacing)This seems like a good and interesting page. I'd love to see it mainspaced

Moving)I'm okay with the move. I think the less disambiguations, the better, and elite four Member Drake is much more significant than Orange League Drake

Splitting)Is there even enough information on these 6 villains? I've never played Trozei!, so I wouldn't know. I can't tell if we have all the information possible, or if we just don't have enough stuff written because not enough people have played the game.
    Last edited by Maverick Nate; 9th November 2013 at 03:47 PM.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

just gonna throw some quick opinions in here:

Berry Fields should remain its own page.

Disputed Pokemon page is interesting, if slightly slightly subjective. i dont think id be against mainspacing it.

id give E4 Drake the benefit here. far more important.

there really doesnt appear to be enough info on the Phobos Battalion and given its a small side-game, i doubt there ever will be.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I think Berry Field should stay as a separate page. I feel merging it with Kalos Route 7 will make the aforementioned page too large.

I wouldn't mind having disputed articles in the mainspace.

I agree with letting Drake (E4) override the disambiguation, though Flint has a similar situation. If we give game characters more importance over anime characters (which I assume we're doing here), I think we should make Flint (E4) override the disambig too..

Team Black

Team White

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Topics of 11/08/13:

Deletion) World Championships Tournament

Deletion) I don't know enough about this to make a significant opinion, sorry :(

Merging) Don't do it. I think Berry fields should stay separate.

Mainspacing) This article is really cool! I think it should be mainspaced.

Moving) I support the move to override the disambiguation :)

Splitting) I would suggest to NOT split this one. There does not seem to be enough information on each character to warrant individual articles...this is probably why the article was like this in the first place.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

If the templates on these pages all fit onto a single page, I don't really think they need to have seperate pages. Merge

Distinct mechanics mean that this article should have enough information to stand on it's own. Don't merge

Interesting page. Mainspace

Much more important than the anime character. Move

Don't really know enough about this to comment.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

It could probably use a re-write, but I see it useful as an overview of that type of tournament.

I'd rather keep it separate. It is a significant location with enough information to justify its own page.

It's a bit too subjective for my liking. I don't completely oppose it, but I'm not a huge fan.

Drake is a fairly major anime character, being the Champion of the Orange League. I'd leave it the way it is now.

I feel like they probably should get their own pages eventually, but there just isn't the info there now. I've never played Trozei, but hopefully someone who has can expand that article enough to split them off. I would say the boss could just get split, but he has the least info of all of them...

Merging) Pal Pad into Friend Code

Merging 2) Kanata and Misaki into Kanata and Misaki

Mainspacing) Alexa's Gogoat, Helioptile, and Noivern

Moving) Beta Pokémon games to Development of the Pokémon games

Splitting) Porta Vista splitting into Acapulco and Hutber Port
    Merge) I disagree with merging Pal Pad into Friend Code. There's more to the Pal Pad than friend codes: for instance, the Pal Pad just debuted in the TCG not more than a month ago. I think a merge is inappropriate. Oppose

Merge 2) I believe we do this with other minor characters in a similar situation. Support

Mainspace) After watching a few of the episodes, I think Gogoat is notable enough to be its own page, but I believe the other two should remain a part of Alexa's page. thus, one mainspace and 2 deletes.

Move) I am unsure if "Development of the Pokémon games" is the best title for this page, but I think beta is a bit inaccurate as a name. I think we should discuss this one for a while.

Split)This is actually two separate places in the Japanese version. However, I'm a bit concerned with having pages at the Japanese titles when we explicitly have the english equivalent name.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

On Porta Vista: we must retain an article titled Porta Vista, and that article need to keep dealing with both Hotba Port and Acapulco, beecause in the english dub, that's the correct name for both of them, and we are and will always be, foremost, an English-language reference. So we call things what they are in English even when it's the dub being stupid

We should address the relevant dub stupidity in the article, but that changes nothing to the fact that in the dub, there is one city, its name is Porta Vista, and it appears in two episodes (plus brief glimpses at the end of one other). Thus one article about Porta Vista.

Extremely strong oppose.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 23rd November 2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Pal Pad can have its own article. It's fine on its own, and key items should have their own articles more often (especially when they appear in multiple generations).

Kanata and Misaki are minor characters. I'm fine with their merge.

All the beta pages need to be moved to similar titles to that. When that one is moved, move the rest too. "Beta" is inaccurate.

I intend to handle Porta Vista's split in a special way. From the article's talk page:
    So this article is about two locations in Japanese, or one in the dub. However, I think there is an alternate interpretation based on what the dub gives us that is consistent with the Japanese version.
    So on Pokémon.com, the location in Beauty and the Beach is referred to as Acapulco, while the location in Tentacool & Tentacruel is Hutber Port. What we can do is say that Porta Vista is a location encompassing the two other locations, but has no Japanese name. In the Japanese version, the two locations are demonstrated to be close to each other, so I think this is a reasonable interpretation.
    So ultimately, my suggestion is to have three pages: Porta Vista (encompassing both), Acapulco (EP018's location), and Hutber Port (EP019's location).
    I actually wrote up all three articles, but lost them when Chrome crashed a while ago (which is also what prompted me to install Lazarus so that never happens again).

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast