Bulbawiki site issues thread - Page 9

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bulbawiki site issues thread

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Default Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

I'm not experiencing this problem, although it is a bit slow for me. Have you tried logging out and logging in again?
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

I've been getting a lot of loss of session data stuff lately even when I log out and its been hurting my edits somewhat.

Barely any of my edits are going through even when I check the recent changes to tell.
    Last edited by Tyler53841; 6th April 2010 at 11:05 AM.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Thumbs up Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    I'm not experiencing this problem, although it is a bit slow for me. Have you tried logging out and logging in again?
    I tried everything but nothing happened.
    Anyway, the good news is that it's working fine now and I'm not getting any kind of error. :7up:

I'm experiencing a far different problem. Whenever I try to edit, anything at all, just about as soon as I hit submit, all I get is a blank screen that doesn't load anything at all. Nothing saves. I first noticed this when I tried to edit Kōji to fix an interwiki link issue (the German link should lead to "Koji", not "Anne (Orange Islands)"); however, when I tried to contact TTEchidna over on his Bulbapedia talk page, the issue sprung up there as well. However, several other users appear to be editing without problems at all. For the record, I'm editing on Windows Vista using Internet Explorer 8. Can anyone get this issue fixed, or else see what's causing this problem? Thanks.

UPDATE: Huh, it worked after I logged back onto the Archives...

UPDATE 2: Now it's off-and-on for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At least it's better than it was before, as if it does go "off" for me, I can always keep trying until I catch it when it's "on"...
    Last edited by shiningpikablu252; 6th April 2010 at 02:43 PM.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I think for the time being it would be prudent to copy the text of the page into a Word document before submitting it, so you can simply make the changes later with copy+paste, should the edit not process.

I usually do this as a last resort for greater situations involving huge edits, but I've noticed that while the ability to go to pages is better than it was when Bulbapedia was unlocked, the editing is no suffering with more errors and loss of session data with no way to fix it.

I've even had to monitor the recent changes like a hawk because these errors are not letting my edits through sometimes.

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

Yeah, absolutely none of my edits are going through now, either because of loss of session data, or because of 504s (and not the kind of LOL JAYKAY 504s that still let our edits through that we had after editing reopened).

I was going to go through and add the LoL browser entries that I had available, buuuut I guess for now I'll just curl up with my DS and play the game some more instead.

Out of curiosity, has the source of these problems been pinpointed? Is traffic on the rise again (now that DutchHGSS is available maybe??)? D:

A problem I've experienced which seems to have very little observation is the dysfunctionality of the Firefox-specific "Add a Search Engine" capability. The option appears, but throws an error every time.

An error on the bulbapedia site is where they classified zoroark as the illusionary pokemon. its really the Phantom Fox Pokemon

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by oscinis View Post
    A problem I've experienced which seems to have very little observation is the dysfunctionality of the Firefox-specific "Add a Search Engine" capability. The option appears, but throws an error every time.
    This is a known problem. We do not have a solution at this time.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sutachi View Post
    An error on the bulbapedia site is where they classified zoroark as the illusionary pokemon. its really the Phantom Fox Pokemon
    I already told you we use or own translations.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by shiningpikablu252 View Post
    I'm experiencing a far different problem. Whenever I try to edit, anything at all, just about as soon as I hit submit, all I get is a blank screen that doesn't load anything at all. Nothing saves. I first noticed this when I tried to edit Kōji to fix an interwiki link issue (the German link should lead to "Koji", not "Anne (Orange Islands)"); however, when I tried to contact TTEchidna over on his Bulbapedia talk page, the issue sprung up there as well. However, several other users appear to be editing without problems at all. For the record, I'm editing on Windows Vista using Internet Explorer 8. Can anyone get this issue fixed, or else see what's causing this problem? Thanks.
    Hm.............. I've been having this problem a lot too... not to mention that "Show Preview" hasn't been working at all. Has something to do with loading all of the pictures and links and crap. The "Show Changes" works fine, since it's all text....
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    I think for the time being it would be prudent to copy the text of the page into a Word document before submitting it, so you can simply make the changes later with copy+paste, should the edit not process.
    Copy to a txt file in Notepad, not a Word document. Word messes with quotation marks and apostrophes.

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Copy to a txt file in Notepad, not a Word document. Word messes with quotation marks and apostrophes.
    That's if you type directly into Word; if you're just copy-and-pasting into Word it shouldn't mess with them. (Unless, of course, they've changed stuff since my old-ass 2003 version of Word.)

I do still support using Notepad instead though, simply because it's just so much simpler, and you don't need anything fancy for preserving plain text. \o/

Hi, I'm having trouble with images. They show up on the archives, but it states that it does not exist on the file page on Bulbapedia. It does not show up there but things upload fine and dandy on said archives. This is a problem as many pictures are not showing up on various pages as they apparently "do not exist".

Why is this happening?

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast