Bulbawiki site issues thread - Page 34
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Bulbawiki site issues thread

Registered User Archives Junior
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bulbawiki site issues thread

Whenever I click on a link for Bulbapedia and Archives, I am being asked if it wants me to save or open as an image.

The pop-up box is not happening anymore.
    Last edited by pattyman; 15th July 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having problems viewing the many animated pngs on the website the past couple of weeks or so. They will animate, but they have strange white flashing and artifacts that sometimes make them real hard to look at. I captured a frame to show as an example: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/chicobo329/lastresortexample_zpsfee2f234.png They are inconsistent, a few animated pngs will appear just fine for me, such as the animation for Ice Beam but most usually have these weird white flashing artifacts.

I'm using Firefox 24, and I'm on the beta channel. When I use Firefox's animated png demos (seen here Animated PNG demos ), they work perfectly with no issues like these at all. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the animated pngs that have been uploaded to the site, or if it might be something on my end, or perhaps a known incompatibility issue with these particular files.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't add or remove anything from my watchlist with the "watch"/"unwatch" tab link thingy. This might be because my watchlist is massively overstuffed with junk (I basically just watch any article that interests me and should probably clean my list out at some point), but the fact that I can't unwatch anything makes it seem like the problem lies somewhere else. I get an error message, but it's not very descriptive ("An error occurred while changing your watchlist settings for "[whatever]".") Edit raw watchlist seems to still work and I can make do with that for now, but it's really kind of annoying. Help?

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I can't add or remove anything from my watchlist with the "watch"/"unwatch" tab link thingy. This might be because my watchlist is massively overstuffed with junk (I basically just watch any article that interests me and should probably clean my list out at some point), but the fact that I can't unwatch anything makes it seem like the problem lies somewhere else. I get an error message, but it's not very descriptive ("An error occurred while changing your watchlist settings for "[whatever]".") Edit raw watchlist seems to still work and I can make do with that for now, but it's really kind of annoying. Help?
    How many items are on your watchlist? I have 1,894, and I have no trouble with watching/unwatching pages.

Commander Funktastic~!'s Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Funktastic~! On Twitter
    Follow Funktastic~! on Tumblr

I have this same problem, and I have about six pages on my watchlist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

535 here, so it's probably not the number. Obviously I need to watch more junk until my watchlist reaches Snorlaxian proportions, and then the problem will be fixed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the same problem too, and I have an even dozen pages. SpriteIt (and some staff) tested several browsers recently and suggests just making sure your browser is up-to-date. Me, I'm using Firefox 20.0, which is "out-of-date" - though of course I wish it could work anyway, it seems recent enough... =(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm on Firefox too, and it tends to update itself automatically, so unless it's stopped doing that I don't see how it could even be out of date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If that comment is meant to be doubting my post, I assure you I spoke the truth.

And the fact is, I don't care enough about updating to try to figure out why my Firefox is out-of-date, or else to go to the (even minimal) trouble of getting the newest version. Things work fine for me as is. The borked watch/unwatch buttons are quite annoying, but since I can still manually edit the watchlist, that's not enough to make me care about updating, either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, Firefox's website and About thingy seem to think I'm using the latest version of Firefox, so. ._.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

I'm getting an internal error when trying to add a section to certain users' talk pages. I could append on my own talk page just fine, though.

The problem fixed by itself as of 1st January, but it happened systematically on every attempt of two separate talk pages on the 26th and never on any mainspace pages.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 1st January 2014 at 06:07 AM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Post Thanks / Like

I joined Bulbapedia yesterday.
    I tried to edit the Swedish name of a move, but when I save the page it loads for a minute, then it stops loading and becomes white.
    Apparently I can't edit my own page without editing something else so it is quite annyoing.

X does Y WITH AUTHORITY! fenyx4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Visit fenyx4's Youtube Channel

Hopefully this is the right thread to post in..?

In any case, my issue is that the Vector skin on Bulbapedia does not allow one to view a given page's Source (source code) under normal options; it's only available when the general editing privileges for a given page has been locked. Other skins are able to present an "Edit" tab and a "View Source" tab at the same time, so could the same formatting be done for the Monaco skin, please? Thanks in advance.

(For reference, the current "Vector skin " tabs are: Read, Edit (replaced with "View Source" when a page is locked), View History, Watch (displayed in the form of a star-shaped icon), and Move (available via the drop-down list's arrow).

Post Thanks / Like

I can't edit anything on Bulbapedia, even though I'm logged in.
    I can press the edit button and when I edit something and press submit, it just loads for ages, then sends me to a blank page. None of my edits work at all.
    Last edited by Blob; 31st January 2014 at 05:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
    Hopefully this is the right thread to post in..?

In any case, my issue is that the Vector skin on Bulbapedia does not allow one to view a given page's Source (source code) under normal options; it's only available when the general editing privileges for a given page has been locked. Other skins are able to present an "Edit" tab and a "View Source" tab at the same time, so could the same formatting be done for the Monaco skin, please? Thanks in advance.

(For reference, the current "Vector skin " tabs are: Read, Edit (replaced with "View Source" when a page is locked), View History, Watch (displayed in the form of a star-shaped icon), and Move (available via the drop-down list's arrow).
    If what you want is to see wiki source code, "Edit" and "View Source" are functionally equivalent. Furthermore, it appears to me that the other Bulbapedia skins do not show both "Edit" and "View Source" on editable pages. (Also/On the other hand, the "Monaco" skin does not appear to me to even be an option for skins, so unless you mistook the name, you seem to have something odd going on.)

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast