Bulbawiki site issues thread - Page 16

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bulbawiki site issues thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but recently, whenever visit Bulbapedia, all of the text on a page is thrown all the way to the left, and gets thrown under the Navigation/Search column. The problem seems to come and go, but I get this error more times than not. It usually disappears after I refresh the page, but it seems I have to perform more and more refreshes every time.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    Don't know if this has been brought up before, but recently, whenever visit Bulbapedia, all of the text on a page is thrown all the way to the left, and gets thrown under the Navigation/Search column. The problem seems to come and go, but I get this error more times than not. It usually disappears after I refresh the page, but it seems I have to perform more and more refreshes every time.
    It's probably because your browser's rendering engine times out before it can render all the tables correctly. I've had the same problem before, but only when a page hasn't finished loading.

There's probably nothing the Bulbagardeners can do about an issue with your browser. Except offer tech support, maybe...?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    It's probably because your browser's rendering engine times out before it can render all the tables correctly. I've had the same problem before, but only when a page hasn't finished loading.

There's probably nothing the Bulbagardeners can do about an issue with your browser. Except offer tech support, maybe...?
    I thought that might be the case at first, but Bulbapedia is literally the only web site I EVER have trouble with, so I wasn't sure.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought that might be the case at first, but Bulbapedia is literally the only web site I EVER have trouble with, so I wasn't sure.
    Ever? What about Serebii?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It's a CSS issue. Sometimes the style doesn't load right.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I'm having a lot of session amnesia today. Is this a problem with the site or is it just my shitty work computer?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Might be the computer.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I've been getting that a lot recently too. I think it has to do with the MediaWiki upgrade, as it really only started being noticeable after that.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: Bulbawiki site issues thread

These days, Bulbapedia keeps losing my session data, just as what others have said. How does session loss occur, anyway? It seems so random.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Miscommunication between the servers, likely.

Default Three problems with unified login

So I created an account on bulbapedia, confirmed my e-mail address, logged in to bulbapedia, and then logged in on archives. The result: "You have been automatically logged into other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation." This is confusing, as Bulbagarden is not a WMF project, and my username on WMF projects differs from my username here.

So I created an account on bulbapedia, confirmed my e-mail address, logged in to bulbapedia, and then logged in on archives. But I couldn't edit pages on archives because my e-mail address had not been confirmed to archives. Was it intended that one must confirm the same account twice, once for each wiki that one will be editing? The edit page didn't state one way or the other.

So I created an account on bulbapedia, confirmed my e-mail address, logged in to bulbapedia, logged in on archives, and re-confirmed my e-mail address. I wanted to report these problems with archives. So in the navigation section at the left side of the page in archives, I clicked Help. This redirected me from archives to "Help:Contents" on bulbapedia. "If you inquire help for a certain article or issue that was unanswered here, post it on the Bulbapedia General Forum." But I couldn't log in to the forum using my bulbapedia account. Was it intended for the forums not to use the wiki unified login? The login failure page didn't state one way or the other.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Uh, aside from the normal session data loss today, I encountered quite a few database errors and things like that.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jello View Post
    Uh, aside from the normal session data loss today, I encountered quite a few database errors and things like that.
    I think all the Sugimori upload things caused stress on the server. It seems better now.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

The forums and the wiki do not have unified login.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

1. The forums are running fine, but Bulbapedia is slow as shit today.
    2. Why am I repeatedly prevented from logging in "as a measure against session hijacking?"

Thanks.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast