Bulbawiki site issues thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulbawiki site issues thread

Default Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

I have a problem at the moment. I'm attempting to edit, and whenever I try to see a preview or save the change I'm instead brought back to the edit page with the changes removed. There's no loss of session data or 503/4 error, it just keeps on bringing me back to the page I just left.

Update: Ah, it's working now. Just had to reset my system.
    Last edited by WatcherMark; 24th April 2010 at 03:05 PM.

I am getting a database error when I try to look at my watchlist.

This is the message:
    A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "wfSpecialWatchlist". MySQL returned error "1030: Got error 28 from storage engine (174.37.30.34)".
    Last edited by Tyler53841; 25th April 2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Providing additional facts

I've noticed that I usually get that message around 10 PM-2 AM U.S. Central Time.

Elite Bulbapedian SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler53841 View Post
    I am getting a database error when I try to look at my watchlist.

This is the message:
    A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "wfSpecialWatchlist". MySQL returned error "1030: Got error 28 from storage engine (174.37.30.34)".
    I'm having the same problem. Here's a screenshot I took, but posted in the wrong section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails watchlist-error.png  

Not sure if this is where this should go, but I noticed an error on Swampert's Learnset: by Egg Move list.

Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert can legally learn Mirror Coat (via chain breeding) from Shellos and Gastrodon.

I noticed this while trying to figure out a way to legally have Swampert learn both Counter and Mirror Coat without using a 3rd gen. game cart.

The leagl chain to obtain both Counter and Mirror Coat on Swampert in 4th gen. is as follows...

1) Breed a Male Wobbufett with a female Shellos/Gastrodon, and get a male Shellos.

2) Breed male Shellos with female Mudkip/Marstomp/Swampert.

Anyways, the error is Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert can learn Mirror Coat from Shellos/Gastrodon. Sorry if I gave you too much information.

*EDIT* This may be a HG/SS exclusive tutor. I have not tried it on D/P/Plt.
    Last edited by Skippy the Great; 6th May 2010 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Thumbs down Major Bulbapedia discipline issue

Lookie here, Politoed666 blocked my IP address for "inserting false information". To tell exactly what I was changing, I was modifying the Aron and Abra evolutionary lines' evolve levels. The 1st article said that Abra evolved at level 16, which is untrue. In my Pokemon Diamond version I saw an Abra of mine evolve at level 18, not 16. Keep in mind I did not cheat, nor did I pass the earliest evolve level before the battle ended. Well, as for the Aron evolutionary line, I had an Aron that I caught in my Pokemon Ruby version that made me very impatient while waiting for it to evolve. I had only 2 badges at the time, as I was evolving it for the gym battle in Mauville, so I didn't catch it in Victory Road. It evolved before I battled the gym, and it didn't take very long for it to do so. And, I wasn't as patient to wait for level 32 to come, like it says in the Aron, Lairon, and Aggron articles; plus if I was that patient, I might as well do that for all of my Pokemon in the game, and complete it within 15 hours. Also, It would be highly improbable for a baby Pokemon to evolve at level 32 and then again only 10 levels after that. My point of all of this is that what I was revising WAS TRUE. This message is just a complaint for a block on my IP for something that wasn't "false information"; It was perfectly true by any and all means, which means--obviously--NOBODY deserves an IP block for something they didn't do, Especially if the accused action even happened at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the administrators on Bulbapedia--not all(*wink* to Kogoro :])--are really, truly, incapable of managing the position each of them are in. These users include, but are not limited to: MAGNEDETH, Politoed666, ElectAbuzzzz, and Virtual-Z. These people and others like them have a (excuse my language) piss-poor attitude and are extremely rude with other people's mistakes(again, *wink* to Kogoro :]), with numerous examples from these users and others directed toward new users and users that are unfamiliar with the rules of the BulbaWiki. To make matters even worse, they exploit other users(but not other admins due to fear of being punished) with quotes like "starting a flame war you can't even remotely win"<--MAGNEDETH and "Haha, what's that wiki gonna do besides copy the name of another Pokemon wiki? Copy and paste Bulbapedia?"<--Virtual-Z . So, here you have a forum filled with lively and polite people no matter what time of day, and a Pokemon wiki branch with leaders that shun and make fun of new and uninformed users. How could you let this happen? Hey. Turn off you auto-messagers. Learn some discipline. If you truly want a 'perfect wiki', you'll need to shape up your leaders' behavior skills. I, for one, have the highest-functioning form of Autism(I can talk), along with bipolar and ADHD. Do you think that I would have perfect discipline? No. I'm not saying you people have those disabilities either. What that means is that it wasn't easy for me to behave normally but I got in check and shaped up; and I'm only 12 years old. If I am able to do it with all of those conditions weighing me down, don't you think the average young adult should already have it down--at least by now? I'm just a person wanting to shape up the wiki and help out, but I'm always insulted for every mistake I make. I don't have dreams about the 'perfect Bulbapedia' or anything really nerdy like that; I just want to help. That's right, help. Oh, and get this: Those few admins only shun the new and confused users, ones that don't have any control over Bulbapedia or power equal or greater than that of their own; As you can see plainly, e.g. MAGNEDETH wouldn't go around insulting others of his rank, now would he? I don't have any power superseding his, or even close to matching it. So, as long as MAGNEDETH puts his insults in a manner that involves the wiki, rule-breaking, vandalism, or any sort of problem with another new/somewhat new user, the text that spews out of his keyboard somewhat hurts the receiver mentally, more severely on some. Just like the conflict between Serebii and Bulbagarden, he needs to keep his problems to himself. As for Politoed666, well, he's got some issues that would be best not to be discussed here or in public. As for ElectAbuzzzz, I have only seen him rarely, although anyone could easily guess he is quite similar. Well, Virtual-Z likes to turn serious conflicts that have nothing to do with him into jokes or puns. How would you like to be laughed at because of a mistake or dilemma that already exists? I for one wouldn't. What this is all about is how very many people want to join and help out, but quickly change thier minds due to intimidation tactics and public humiliation from the much-higher-ranked officers running them into the ground because of an accident caused by a slow connection, misclick, or typographical error; which if I was in charge I would put my foot down on all of those cruel users. Yet once, I got blocked for insulting someone. How does that make any sense whatsoever when the person blocking me is doing the exact same thing right in front of all of our faces but blinding us from realizing the truth by associating the comment with one or more connections with a broken rule, policy violation, "vandalism"(<--Like in my evolution dilemma at the top, a plain mistake that is perfectly okay; we're all human ;]), or even a mistake of their own. Please keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes. It's okay. There's no need to cry over spilt milk. I would never make fun of, shun, or insult anyone because of a mistake. However: if they did it on purpose, they might receive a more-than-mild punishment from their superior for it than if it was by mistake. If someone makes a misclick or typo on a submission, it's okay as it can easily be fixed. Its not the end of the world if someone vandalizes an article(although that can only be done deliberately), as administrators can fix it by reverting the vandalized article. What I'm saying is that people shouldn't be so harsh when it was only by accident. C'mon people, go easy on the "Block IP" Button. Thank you, and may God be with you.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Massive Wall of Text and complaining about the mods. Oh fun.

Anyways, that is wrong information. Abra does evolve at lvl 16.

And I'm uncertain of what the Aron issue is.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Aron is indeed level 32, as well. Kinda counterproductive considering it stays Lairon only until 42, but hey, that's why Hoenn sucks.

Don't care what crazy fantasies you're having in your game. Aron always has evolved at 32+, and Abra at 16+. LERN 2 WIKI, we wouldn't get this stuff wrong. Not like we're a one-man site.

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Major Bulbapedia discipline issue

Quote Originally Posted by RockSmashGuy View Post
    ...I tried reading all of this. Really I did.

The evolution levels come straight from the game code. You were blocked because you insisted on adding false information even after being reverted and told that you were wrong. End of story.

I stopped reading when you brought autism into this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
    Not sure if this is where this should go, but I noticed an error on Swampert's Learnset: by Egg Move list.

Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert can legally learn Mirror Coat (via chain breeding) from Shellos and Gastrodon.

I noticed this while trying to figure out a way to legally have Swampert learn both Counter and Mirror Coat without using a 3rd gen. game cart.

The leagl chain to obtain both Counter and Mirror Coat on Swampert in 4th gen. is as follows...

1) Breed a Male Wobbufett with a female Shellos/Gastrodon, and get a male Shellos.

2) Breed male Shellos with female Mudkip/Marstomp/Swampert.

Anyways, the error is Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert can learn Mirror Coat from Shellos/Gastrodon. Sorry if I gave you too much information.

*EDIT* This may be a HG/SS exclusive tutor. I have not tried it on D/P/Plt.
    Test in DPPt. If it works there, we missed something. If not, it's HGSS. We haven't thoroughly mined HGSS yet.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Major Bulbapedia discipline issue

Blah blah blah...
    You got blocked for a DAY. If you're going to complain about punishment, at least get the punishment right.
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Hey guys, let's act our age. This guy is complaining about how he sees that things are unfair, and we should at least give him the respect of a polite response instead of acting immature and trolling him, which is what he's reporting in the first place.

RSG, a lot of the Bulbapedia staff members have to weed through many vandals per day. This doesn't excuse their behavior, but admittedly, it can be fun to mess with people that take the internet too seriously. Sometimes it's hard to make a distinction between people like you, who are trying to edit Bulbapedia for good but have false information, and vandals, who are not trying to contribute but add false information. It's hard to gauge people's intentions over the internet, but still, you shouldn't be banned for two bad edits.

Thanks for reporting this, by the way. It's nice when people care enough about a site to report when someone is being mean to them instead of just leaving.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Lookie here...etc...
    to be frank, RockSmashGuy, i didnt read your giant wall of text, but simply put, you have an attitude problem. as stated on my talk page, all you had to do was say "hey, thats not right" and that would be fine, but instead you got in my face about it.

i didnt have to weed through vandals and "have a bad day" (granted, i actually did have a bad day, but it didnt influence my initial preview button comment, which is the same comment i give to anyone and everyone not using the preview button) and im not going to be sorry because i said "mean things" or whatever. aside from not following rules, you were rude and acted poorly in response to a very reasonable and tame comment i made and a mistake which i took responsibility for. it isnt the first time either, you were blocked some time ago for being rude. you just need to relax and stop back-lashing the staff.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinksUpdate::incrTableUpdate". MySQL returned error "1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction (174.37.30.34)".
    I got this error twice today.

Cool Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

I am also getting Loss of session errors and its slowing up my work, though I am more annoyed instead of being angry.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast