Bulbawiki site issues thread

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bulbawiki site issues thread

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Bulbawiki site issues thread

So that we don't need to create more threads and topics on the main page, report your problems here.

Current known issues are

*Logging in/out randomly
    *Loss of session data
    *503/504 errors

To administrators- there are session issues that occur exclusively while performing administrative actions (such as protecting pages, deleting etc.) These issues aren't much different from the ones above, so there is no need to report.

Default Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

I can't get Bulbapedia to come up. I keep on getting an error like this:

Bulbagarden RPGwiki has a problem

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
    Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Can't contact the database server: Access denied for user 'themozz_rpgwiki'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (localhost))

But I need the main images for Squirtle and Pidgey and attack info up to level 15.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Also, WTF is "Bulbapedia RPG Wiki". The logo is different. And when the main page worked for a second, the Main Page was different, smaller. I believe it's some new project. But why on Bulbapedia's page? I think someone's messing with Bulbapedia coding...

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

This is most likely to do with the software update we've just had. Unfortunately, all the people who know stuff and can do stuff have gone to bed, so you're going to have to wait it out.

It's the same on Archives and News, btw. Just in case anyone cared to wonder.

Maxim: RPGwiki is the long forgotten fourth wiki TTE mentioned a while back in a thread about Overgrow. It was closed down aaages ago and I'm not 100% sure of its function, but it appears to be some kind of metagame/fanon thing.
    Last edited by The dark lord trombonator; 28th July 2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Maxim jumped the queue :(

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

theres no reason for anyone to access the RPGWiki, so, unless its telling you theres an error when trying to access the main wiki, archives, or news, than i dont see a reason to get up in arms right now.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

There was an error, actually, caused by Zhen rewriting the configuration for RPGwiki. Don't understand? Don't ask. If it still isn't working for anyone, your page is most likely cached and it will restore in time.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

i do understand, but i wasnt getting the error, so, i used to not understand.

Blog Entries

Ever since account creation was reopened, I noticed that I haven't gotten anymore problems with random logging in/out or loss of session data. Does anybody have the same idea?

Quote Originally Posted by rockersk08 View Post
    Ever since account creation was reopened, I noticed that I haven't gotten anymore problems with random logging in/out or loss of session data. Does anybody have the same idea?
    That's because Zhen fixed it.

Marriage Is For Kiddies Koji-Kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still have logging in and out problems. Gets rather annoying.

A Close Encounter With Color is my new fanfiction! It's full of Rockety goodness! Please read! :)
    Update 11/14: Chapter 3 is up!

And if you're into comedy with a hint of steam... try Takeshi's Paradise! It's Rocketshipping, not Brocketshipping despite the title. :P

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

More details please.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

If every admin on this site doesn't know my probs I need to bitch louder! :PPPP

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

It appears that one of our memcache services died. I have restarted it - should be fine now.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

The Dark Pokemon Trainer Maple Man's Avatar
    Add Maple Man on Facebook

The only problem I find on Bulbapedia is great amount of Generation I and II Pokemon have their game location in HEARTGOLD and SOULSILVER saying "Trade". Am I going to assume that in order to get these Pokemon I have to trade from another game.
    Here is a list of Pokemon with "Trade" for their location (these were wild Pokemon in Gold and Silver):
    Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Spearow, Ekans, Arbok, Golbat, Gloom, Venonat, Dugtrio, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Kadabra, Machop, Machoke, Weepinbell, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Graveler, Ponyta, Magnemite, Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Muk, Shellder, Krabby, Voltorb, Electrode, Cubone, Marowak, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Kangaskhan, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Staryu, Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Magikarp, Noctowl, Lanturn, Natu, Flaafy, Skiploom, Sunkern, Quagsire, Girafarig, Gligar, Snubbull, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Delibird, Phanpy, Donphan

It would've been better if they put down question marks instead of "Trade" if Bulbapedia don't know where they will be. But let's assume they are at the same place.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No assuming. However, an Unknown might be more appropriate.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast