Bulbapedia Log-in problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulbapedia Log-in problem

The Tiger of Bengal Sher-e-Bengal's Avatar

Pumpkin Bulbapedia Log-in problem

Well, I've become fed up. Why the hell does the wiki log me out every few minutes? Then when I try to log in, it says that it is unable to do so to protect the session from some kind of hijacking. It actually says:

"Login error
    There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Go back to the previous page, reload that page and then try again. "

What should I do? I've tried everything from clearing the cache and restarting, but nothing seems to work... Anyone got any tips, or is it a server problem again?

Mister Insane

Default Re: Bulbapedia Log-in problem

I had that problem yesterday, too. I kept trying to make the Wide Guard page and it kept telling me I didn't have authorization to save the changes because I wasn't logged in and wasn't allowed to edit. A couple of refreshes fixed it temporarily, but it kept coming back =/

Are you logged onto more than one computer? I get the same message when I am.

Anyways, whenever I get that message, I simply retype my login info and log in again.

And if you get automatically logged off, just log back in with the "remember my login info" box checked.

It always works for me.
    User:Cold on Bulbapedia.

I hate signatures that ask you to copy+paste them. Copy+paste this if you do, too.

I don't use legal hacks. Who came up with that anyways? Stupidest thing ever. He/she should be shot.

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of getting licked by every other avatar I see. Copy+paste this if you are t...just kidding.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

weird, with me after i log in, when i change the page to go to what i want to edit, im logged out, no matter how many times i log in. something be up yo :o

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Mister Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Are you logged onto more than one computer? I get the same message when I am.

Anyways, whenever I get that message, I simply retype my login info and log in again.

And if you get automatically logged off, just log back in with the "remember my login info" box checked.

It always works for me.
    This is a different issue -- it isn't quite sure whether or not I'm logged in, and when it decides, it always changes its mind.

No, what I mean is, when you're editing a page, and you try to save/preview it but you get a permission error?

You click the login button again and regardless of whether or not you're already logged in, you put in your username and password and click the "remember my login info blah blah blah" box before pressing Enter.
    User:Cold on Bulbapedia.

I hate signatures that ask you to copy+paste them. Copy+paste this if you do, too.

I don't use legal hacks. Who came up with that anyways? Stupidest thing ever. He/she should be shot.

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of getting licked by every other avatar I see. Copy+paste this if you are t...just kidding.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

I sometimes get this problem if I haven't got the box checked.

The server is, from what I hear, slightly unstable due to the traffic from the JpBW release. Can't wait til the En release....

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

We're locking down before that, no questions asked. BP's gonna be locked come March 1, even if the release isn't until March 30.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

no, we arent locking a month prior, but yea, we will almost def lockdown.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    We're locking down before that, no questions asked.
    Because with the English release comes much more vandalism potential?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Because with the English release comes much more vandalism potential?
    no. speculation. its always speculation.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    no. speculation. its always speculation.
    Oh.

So... stuff like the English names.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

The Tiger of Bengal Sher-e-Bengal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    No, what I mean is, when you're editing a page, and you try to save/preview it but you get a permission error?

You click the login button again and regardless of whether or not you're already logged in, you put in your username and password and click the "remember my login info blah blah blah" box before pressing Enter.
    Doesn't work. And today it is just getting out of hand after a lull yesterday. Seems as if the server has a grudge against me!

Help! I'm trying to be a contributor, but I can't if it logs me out whenever I push Submit.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Eskay View Post
    Help! I'm trying to be a contributor, but I can't if it logs me out whenever I push Submit.
    Unfortunately, that's a result of the high traffic Bulbapedia is currently experiencing. I recommend that (if possible) you check "remember me on this computer" (or whatever the box says). I find that it helps keep me logged in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast