Beta Springs! Help!

Thread: Beta Springs! Help!

Mystery Zone Shenanigans! MistyPrism's Avatar

Default Beta Springs! Help!

Hello, everyone. I would like to inform you all of my interesting experience. It began 4 years ago. I was playing my Pokemon Platinum, just having caught Giratina quite easily(I actually saved my Masterball) and I returned from the Distortion World. However, I did not arrive at Sendoff Springs. I ended up in a rather small island in the ocean (and quite different on the map, rather left of Route 216.) And Cynthia's dialogue was different too. She did mention going back to see Professor Rowan, but she said, and I quote, "Why don't you explore around a bit first? " I thought, ehh, I'll be able to fly back, right? So I went back to Professor Rowan, but only to find that I couldn't fly back! So when I recently played the game again(a new cartridge, mind you, my other one was lost in an air vent) I discovered that it was completely different! I'be looked everywhere, but can't find any evidence of this place. So, I've dubbed the mystery area "Beta Springs". Can anyone help? Is this some bizarre Easter egg? Does anyone know anything about this? I'm quite new to the forum, so I'm sorry if I misplaced this thread. Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Default Re: Beta Springs! Help!

Hmm... I'm no mod, but I'd say this goes somewhere else. Maybe the video games section? An I think your platinum might be messed with or tampered with.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

No, it definitely wasn't tampered with, because I bought it new from Gamestop. I pulled off some tweaking and stuff, but I never used cheats on it. And besides, the rest of the game was perfectly fine, no screwed up creepypasta type stuff, that would've scared the heck out of my 12 year old self. It was a really early copy, one of the first, actually, and some other kids I knew got the same thing, strangely. Maybe it was something they took out later? I don't really know. But it was never tampered with. It seems a bit similar to the glitches I had in Pokémon White, where it thought my save file was corrupted and duplicated itself, switching up dialogue and tiles everywhere. Maybe if it could happen in Gen 5, it could happen in Gen 4? Oh, and by left of Route 216, I meant farther left of Newmoon and Fullmoon Islands. The location title, if I remember correctly, was Crescentmoon Island. Maybe originally it was there as a companion for Newmoon and Fullmoon?

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Hmm.... Maybe that's a programming glitch. Early copies are usually messed up (like the surf through the elite 4 door to get anywhere)

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

I thought it might be something like that, some programming glitches, like maybe they put in data for an event in Crescentmoon Island, but they never went through....