Assist Egg Move Glitch

Thread: Assist Egg Move Glitch

Question Assist Egg Move Glitch

Hi I'm RaspberryFanta and this is my first time writing a thread. This happened to me the other day while playing Pokemon White. In my party I had a Serperior, Purrloin, Munna, Pidove, Zebstrika and the Larvesta Egg that a guy on Route 18 gives you. I was battling with Purrloin and used Assist, for those of you who don't know what that does it's a move that chooses a random move from another Pokemon from your party and uses it, Purrloin ended up using string shot but none of my Pokemon knows string shot, but I know when the Lasvesta hatches it will know string shot and ember. I don't really know if I should call this a glitch but could it be used as a way to find out what moves an egg has? I tried to research this but I found nothing. Does anyone know anymore about it?

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Default Re: Assist Egg Move Glitch

Hi RaspberryFanta;

This isn't the best place to ask your question, as this forum is about how to improve the Bulbapedia, Bulbanews, and Bulbagarden Archives wikis. Nonetheless, the resultant answer would be relevant to Bulbapedia.

For more help, I suggest asking in the Video Games forum (or a subforum thereof) which can be found on the BMGf homepage.

To test this further, Bulbapedia contributors may wish to try using Assist with only an Egg in their party. Let us know how you get on.
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com

Thanks, will do. Sorry, I haven't done this before.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Okay, I tried with just an Egg in White, and found that Assist does use its moves. I also tested this in Generation III and IV, and this is not the case. It could be intentional, but that is unlikely.

BP Appearance Coordinator Jioruji Derako's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff

If that's the case, with a bit of work, this method could be used to work out what an egg contains before it hatches.
    Geo - a.k.a. Jioruji Derako

deviantARTistBulbapedian

Talking Re: Assist Egg Move Glitch

Okay. Thanks guys! I wonder if Assist could be used to find out anything else? I doubt it though. Unusual that it only works in Gen 5 (as far as we know). Does anyone know if something like this has been reported before. I'd love to know more about, or anything similar. Once again, thanx!