Anime=/=Games - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anime=/=Games

Default Re: Anime=/=Games

Well some of the things I've noticed are that they often alter or ignore the move mechanics such as well Pikachu injures itself with Volt Tackle after Paul's Elekid blocked it with Protect in the 3rd DP episode, even though that recoil damage is only a divided amount from the damage received. Guess they were trying to be more realistic there.

One other important thing I certainly noticed is that lesser known type differences are ignored such as the Water and Electric types' resistance to Steel-type moves.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler53841 View Post
    One other important thing I certainly noticed is that lesser known type differences are ignored such as the Water and Electric types' resistance to Steel-type moves.
    Iron Tail works on everything with no problem at all.

also, Aerial Ace missed.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bummerdude View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Not exactly the attitude an encyclopedia should be taking...

How far do you go with the differences between the anime and games? The show tries to incorporate the battle system into how it might work in reality rather than sticking to a rigid turn-based battle system. (Thus, all the running around and commands to dodge.)

There definately needs to be allowance for consistent logic. Normal attacks being able to affect Ghost Pokémon some of the time but not all the time was a plot point in Ash's final battle against Brandon. In my mind, that gives them a free pass on Normal affecting Ghost. On the other side, the ultimate error in this topic to me is SolarBeam charging instantly in the Mossdeep Gym Battle. Not because it differs from the games but because Liza was lecturing Tate out about it in the previous episode.

And what about Pokédex entries? They come out with some wacky stuff and a common theory is that a lot of what it documents is merely folklore but the article on the latest episode treats either Wynaut's smiling or lack of smiling (it wasn't very clear) as an error.

I think the more consistent rule is to draw no comparisons at all between games and animé. Or to draw comparisons between any combination of game/animé/manga/card/merchandise/etc., but that would quickly grow unruly.

Doesn't like your writing Reyairia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bummerdude View Post
    The solution is to stop watching the show altogether.

Ignorance is bliss.
    This.
    I honestly don't understand how you guys can watch that crud that can't even follow it's own canon. It's a stain on pokemon's reputation and if you ever wonder why you're being bullied because of pokemon you can blame that crap.

FC: 4684 8353 4304

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Gotta do it for the wiki.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12