XY013: "Nymphia VS Keromatsu! Big Commotion in the Kindergarten!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: XY013: "Nymphia VS Keromatsu! Big Commotion in the Kindergarten!!"

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: XY013: Nymphia VS Keromatsu! Big Commotion in the Kindergarten!!

Meh, this kindergarten episode is a let down compared to BW!'s kindergarten episode. There was a more interesting conflict in that episode, most of the CotDs were shown to be flawed, and the moral was overall much stronger and sweeter. The action was better for me too, and I felt that the kindergarten students bonded well with their teacher too. It was more original, while this idea of being afraid of Pokemon has been used before. I also really don't like how just because a Hoppip startled Lundi with some wind and ran away Lundi developed the fear. If he saw the Hoppip and Beedrill violently battle in front of him, two wild Pokemon so close, I'd understand the fear.

The battle was good, and there was some comedy there and there, but overall the episode was kinda lame. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some writers use Team Rocket to be the conflict to not have CotDs having flaws and interesting problems. They weren't even really funny this episode, they were a lot better in episode 8 and the CotD still managed to be interesting enough. Froakie was really cute and amusing this episode! I don't regret watching it.

I think people are overreacting about how Serena acted, because hey, I'd be freaked out a bit too knowing the age difference. and have my face red over how strange that is

Another "kid-scared-of-Pokemon" storyline. Well, then.

Ha, I thought Jessie's disguise was quite cute, and that's rare for me, considering I've rarely found anything appealing about Jessie since the AG series.

This whole thing with Serena's not-so hidden feelings is intriguing. It really makes me wonder where the writers are going with it. As of now, it seems to be more of the crux to Serena's character than, say, what her trainer goal exactly is...

I agree that Ash's model seemed off a lot during this episode. When he and Pikachu reunited, I cringed at the animation. Yikes!

Slyveon's Japanese voice is so darn cute.

Need moar Clemont.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Another average filler. But I wanted to see Serena being jealous. They should have had Premiere be friendly with Ash, and Serena showing concern over it during the show and only at the end she realizes that Premiere had no intentions to actually date Ash.

They did a good job showing Froakie's personality, how he's upset and embarrassed by his loss and being friendly to the CotD kid.

Blog Entries
    Follow Alexey On Twitter Add Alexey on Facebook

They sure love their French names. I was constantly distracted by the fact that the girl's name if 'First' and the kid's is 'Monday'. I expect this to be changed in the dub, but still

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Small thing I noticed about this episode was that they didn't Bonnie's "keeping" gag with Premier. Maybe it's due to how the episode started, but it looks to me that they're trying to pad out the gags better so they don't wear out their welcome as fast.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Is it just me or is there at least one kindergarten episode per series? Also add Nymphia to the list of hilarious-sounding Japanese Pokemon names that also includes Fokko and Pipi.
    Last edited by Gligarman; 29th January 2014 at 02:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12