REVIEW: XY011: "Pursuit in the Bamboo Forest! Yancham and Goronda!!" - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XY011: "Pursuit in the Bamboo Forest! Yancham and Goronda!!"

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: XY011: "Pursuit in the Bamboo Forest! Yancham and Goronda!!"

I personally thought the scene at the end was cool with Ash, particularly how the Pokemon pitched in and blocked Team Rocket's attacks so Ash could make it through.

But you know, different strokes. I'll agree with the Team Rocket scene (although Jessie claiming she should be congratulated for saying "Go!" made me laugh), but it isn't actually new. In fact I recall them arguing leading to a blast-off a few times, notable like in DP 1 or 2 it happened. Pretty much the same way with Wobbufet and everything.

I actually found the episode fairly enjoyable. I'd say the weakest XY episode is probably the Furfrou episode for me, apart from the Wobbuffet dress-up scene. One thing I reallly enjoyed about this episode is how it looked "unique" with the bamboo shoots and everything as opposed to simply a generic forest.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Haven't they argued about who should get credit for their success multiple times before? When I saw that scene I got quite the déjà vu (not that I didn't enjoy it, it was hilarious).

Jessie's capture was hilarious, especially compared to how she captured Seviper back in Hoenn.

I dont even know anymore.
    Tumblr

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While not the best, it was still a great episode in my opinion.

The detail to the Pokemon was great. Fennekin eating her twiggies was adorable x3 The fact she looks after herself is nice. I can totally see her evolving into a fashionable lady-like Braixen, not sure about Delphox, though.

Also, even though Chespin got the sprout wrapping, it isn't shown leached. If this was unintentional or not, its nice seeing a Grass-Type not getting hurt by Leech Seed, one of the moves they are immune to.

At least Pangoro didn't spread Poison Powder at everything. Seriously, one saga, and the darned mushrooms got sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old.

No wonder this episode had so many details, it was written by Series Organizer Tomioka Atsushiro, the man who wrote the best episodes of Diamond & Pearl. I suspect he delved right into a copy of the Zuukan entries to find stuff he could incorporate into an episode he knew was going to be reliant on Pokemon traits.

After reflecting a lot about thie episode I came to the conclusion there is nothing really memorable in it. It is not a bad episode, but is not a good one either, it is just so average it passes as forgettable. It is the usual angry bear episode with nothing really special about it, in fact, despite the capture I am tempted to label it as a filler.
    There's a name I like to use for this kind of circunstances, a semi-filler. The author writes an episode that would have otherwise no impact on the bigger picture, but inserts a tiny plot moment in the middle of it to cheat its way out of the filler label. I hate when they do that, it is cheap. If you want to write a capture episode there are several ways to turn that into an interesting episode, you shouldn't squeeze it into a filler as a one minute gag capture.
    To make things even worse, Team Rocket was in their DP characterization for two thirds of the episode, making stupid things like defeating themselves and being easily swept away. Please, don't go there again.
    This is the first time I don't give my approval for a XY episode. Final score: 4/10.
    Last edited by Magma Bomb; 28th December 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugis Black Magician View Post
    No wonder this episode had so many details, it was written by Series Organizer Tomioka Atsushiro, the man who wrote the best episodes of Diamond & Pearl. I suspect he delved right into a copy of the Zuukan entries to find stuff he could incorporate into an episode he knew was going to be reliant on Pokemon traits.
    I've felt XY's been pretty good so far with introducing elements of each Pokemon that borrow, and expand, on their PokeDex entries.

Good example is Dedenne and the whole "dormouse" thing, it's not actually mentioned in the PokeDex (although I wouldn't be surprised if it's based off official information the staff is given when it comes to depicting certain Pokemon), but looking over its moveset with Rest for instance it's really not a stretch and perfectly logical for the species. Same with this episode and Pangoro's twig being expanded to being a special twig.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

Just got done watching this, and the thing I was most impressed with was Fokko eating sticks. I smiled the whole time during that scene.

I really loved how most of the Pokemon's personalities were shown in this episode, it's always nice to get to know who you're watching. I also love Keromatsu's feelings towards Nyarth; one of the reasons he's my favorite on the show!

Good episode. Too bad they forgot to eat. It's shown Clemont's not a hypoglycemic like I thought he would be (my crazy headcannons). Because it's visible he, like them can go several hours without eating, hypoglycemics can only go a few hours or less without eating.
    Clemont is the best nerd ever!! He's my fav now!! I'm a fangirl of him!!
    That cute little nerd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman! View Post
    Clemont is like a hybrid Brock/May thing combined with Tracy's social ineptitude. And I love it.
    I totally agree! He is!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234