REVIEW: XY011: "Pursuit in the Bamboo Forest! Yancham and Goronda!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: XY011: "Pursuit in the Bamboo Forest! Yancham and Goronda!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: XY011: "Pursuit in the Bamboo Forest! Yancham and Goronda!!"

I really like seeing the Pokemon on the main cast interact..Froakie reminds me of a mixture between Buizel and Croagunk it seems like he's the most mature Pokemon on the main cast right now.

Also Inkay casually squirting ink at Pangoro was funny.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

was this episode as good as the ones preceding it? no, not by a long shot.

but was it way more entertaining than it had any right to be? yes lol

i was chuckling the entire time and wow goronda it's just a twig no need to bsod over it jesus

i think all the 'mons reactions to trusting nyarth were all hilarious and varied. i normally don't like 'mon focus eps but this one had just enough personality to be above the standard "showcase ALL the starters" eps

also the amourshipping easter eggs made me :')

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

This episode was slightly less enjoyable than those that preceded it, but I still liked it anyways.

I really loved the interactions between Pikachu and the starters and how those three have such distinct personalities. Harimaron is so gullible and childish, Fokko really cares about its appearance and Keromastu can still see through the Rocket-Dan's BS.

Glad that Musashi got a new team member as well. Nothing much else worth mentioning, methinks.

Blog Entries

This episode reminded me of the Furfrou episode not too long ago, in that there were some good moments spread amongst a lacklustre story. While in that particular episode I didn't think they did enough to make me care about the CotD's problems, in this episode I thought they messed up the structure. The main part of the story was about how Pangoro loses confidence when it loses it's item, but it didn't happen until the second half of the episode. The whole Pancham thing in the first half of the episode didn't have much to do with what would happen later. It also struck me that Pikachu, Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin being stolen and subsequently lost served little purpose in the grand scheme of things. The whole resolution to the problem seemed rushed and there wasn't any conflict of any sort; a cliff was the outstanding obstacle between the gang and the item. Those things combined left me wondering what the actual point of this episode was.

On a more positive note, it did manage to show us the personalities of some of the cast's Pokemon. We know all about Pikachu, of course, but we learned that Froakie is suspicious, fitting of his ninja-theme, Chespin is gullible and slightly happy-go-lucky and Fennekin cares about its appearance. We also saw that Inkay appears to oblivious of everything, and Pumpkaboo seems an interesting Pokemon. The way Jessie caught it got a chuckle out of me.

Other than that, nothing of note happened.
    Yato likes this.

It was an ok episode, I'm glad both James and Jessie have a Pokemon from this region not just Jessie like what happened in the BW series, hurray for the X and Y writers for fixing those mistakes. Favorite part of the episode, Ash's heroic rescue at the end, gotta say he's been pretty bad ass this series which makes me happy :D

Nice little Ash x Serena moments though, sitting next to each other and helping each other across the stream like that.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Another great episode for me. I don't care if the main idea of the episode has been done before, it allowed tons of nice stuff to happen. The personalities of the starters getting shown, a capture for Jessie that was out of nowhere (I really liked it, Pumpkaboo comes out of the ground and tries to be dramatic only to be captured instantly, funny stuff), and that awesome sequence at the end with Ash rushing to Pangoro while all the Pokemon protect him from TR. Now I'm just ready for some subs so I can understand what TR was arguing about, or what the twerps where doing at the beginning with the Pancham and Clemont's machine.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoy episodes that focus on the Pokémon interactions by themselves - even if one similar to this one didn't feel too original, since we must've had at least one of these per region - and this was a decent one.

All around, a fairly enjoyable episode, even if it's nothing too special, either.

Blog Entries

This was a pretty meh episode in my opinion. Aside from Musashi's hilariously nonchalant capture of Bakeccha, the plot and the panda Pokémon didn't really interest me. I really liked the new music that debuted here, though, such as XY's forest theme and the drum music that played when Bakeccha showed up. I also liked the reference to the opening with Citron's translator machine blowing up in his face when he was fixing it.

Visually, this episode was pretty bad. The character designs looked really ugly at times and the movements looked really rough and choppy. I hope this isn't a sign of poorer animation to come.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Just from hearing the title of the episode, I was thinking 'another boring filler, focusing on two Pokemon I don't even like - it will be one of those episodes I will only watch once and probably never see again out pure boredness' - was I wrong! the episode was really entertaining, full of great moments of laughter, sadness, 'so cute' moments, & so much funness (can't think of another word to describe it)! Loved the episode so much, 10/10 for me, it's already my favorite XY episode at the moment.

My other thoughts - while rewatching the episode:
    Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 20th December 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: a few spelling mistakes - added one last bit to review
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

I really like the interactions between all the Pokémon here. Fennekin likes to be kept groomed, Froakie is pretty sweet in helping her with that. Chespin has an honest side to him in seemingly being the one to help Meowth despite events in this and last week's events. Inkay just plain loves to spray anyone and anything with ink, including Pangoro.

I really like how Jessie's capture mirrored James' too. Ash and the other Pokémon working together for that badass scene at the end was awesome too.

Good episode, I think BW and XY are particularly good at writing filler episodes (yes a Pokémon was caught but it was still a filler plot).

IMO there is no filler episode so far in XY, every one has at least contributed to the plot. I guess the first filler will be the Espurr one but there are rumors saying Serena will catch it so..

I thought it was a great episode at all points. I'll admit I eagerly waited for someone to capture the pandas, but TR used ropes instead of Pokeballs for some reason, and nobody else entertained the thought...

Meowth & the starters were great, as was Team Rocket. I like how they are competent enough to NOT be defeated by the twerps so easily, yet they end up defeating themselves in their overconfidence.

Oh, and Ash's heroic run of determination was badass. I also liked how supportive he was of Clemont's SCIENCE POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafanboy View Post
    Now I'm just ready for some subs so I can understand what TR was arguing about
    Meowth asked which one of them should get the recognition for bringing Pikachu and the starters to the HQ.

James argued that the honor is his, because he designed the capture device.

Meowth thought himself the biggest contributor, as he thought up the whole plan himself.

Jessie's argument was the fact that she ordered the attack! Timing the order really matters in a situation like that!

After that James said that Inkay was the reason the plan worked, and thus he, as the trainer, did the most.

Then the gang decided to settle their argument with a Pokemon Battle and ended up destroying their own balloon!

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I don't understand the lukewarm response this episode is getting here. I thought it was fun.

Also, back when the ending theme updated its lyrics the first time around, I remember being confused about why Bakeccha was thrown in there and wondered to myself if its inclusion in the ending was hinting at a capture. I guess it was after all!
    8ther, Johtohfiller and Guy_Spy like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

This one wasn't much to write home about story-wise, but it had a lot of bits that cracked me up.

- Fanboy sparkles everywhere!

- Clemont's invention blows up right next to his crotch. Ow.

- TR arguing and blowing up their own balloon.

- Froakie's bubble hood.

- Froakie x Fennekin shipping!

- Sonansu voicing the eyecatch.

- Pangoro sulking when it loses its leaf, that was a nice twist on the overdone angry bear.

- Inkay spraying ink in Pangoro's face.

- Jessie catching Pumpkaboo so casually, she was all "I caught Pumpkaboo kbye." Complete with drum solo!

- Ash jumping towards Pangoro in slow motion.

- TR blasting off in slow motion.

- Ash & Co. forgetting to eat dinner.

It looks like someone on Ash's crew knows how to cook a proper meal, I'm guessing Serena since we've seen her cook already. The scene with Ash running to give Pangoro the leaf was really cool, I like how they're doing lots of action scenes that aren't Pokemon battles. This one was filler-ish, but I liked it.
    Last edited by Johtohfiller; 20th December 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    NeoMiniTails likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by VTP-Dawkins93 View Post
    On a more positive note, it did manage to show us the personalities of some of the cast's Pokemon. We know all about Pikachu, of course, but we learned that Froakie is suspicious, fitting of his ninja-theme, Chespin is gullible and slightly happy-go-lucky and Fennekin cares about its appearance. We also saw that Inkay appears to oblivious of everything, and Pumpkaboo seems an interesting Pokemon. The way Jessie caught it got a chuckle out of me.

Other than that, nothing of note happened.
    This episode wasn't entertaining as I thought it'd be, but still enjoyable mostly because I got to see more of the starters' characteristics. Fennekin chewing on twigs and caring about how her tail is messy. Froakie pulling his bubbles over his head ♥ Chespin being positive as ever :D

And bonus points for Ash x Serena moments :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast