REVIEW: XY010: "Harimaron VS Mega Mega Nyarth!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: XY010: "Harimaron VS Mega Mega Nyarth!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: XY010: "Harimaron VS Mega Mega Nyarth!!"

I have to Admit that Grin that both Clemont and Chespin make are Priceless to look at and I Laughed REALLY Hard when Bonnie was doing Kung Fu Style when Team Rocket was Mad at her and Serena for Stealing their Motto, SHE WAS TOO FUNNY THERE.
    NeoMiniTails likes this.

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

Lulz at how Harimaron got to do more and show more personality in 1 episode than Fokko has in 5. :B [/bias]

In all seriousness though, absolutely enjoyed this episode. Initially when the saga startered and realizing that Satoshi would only get Keromatsu I was a little disappointed, but after this episode I'm fine with it going to Citron - they sync so well. I loved how smart the little guy was in remembering the robot's power cord it had tripped over earlier.
    Little things like Eureka's ninja poses when the TRio discovered her and Serena, Dedenne sleeping when it was needed to battle once again as well as Satoshi and Citron completely ignoring the motto and going to untie their friends added some nice humour to the episode as well.

10 episodes in and all ten have been awesome. Colour me impressed :)

This has been my best episode so far of BW (and I suspect it'll soon be on the list of all time favourites!) I don't think I've actually laughed out loud at a Pokemon episode probably since the giant Nendoll episode from AG!

Pretty much all I had to say was said in sunyshore's post at the beginning of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    the theme song cutting james off mid ramble
    OH MY GOODNESS! Is that what that was?! I thought there was just an error in the version I saw! That is priceless!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that this is the first episode since DP ended where I feel Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu have been written with their old vigour. I suppose I shouldn't have underestimated Junki Takegami's ability to bring them back to life!

I also love the blatantness of the eyecatch putting Harimaron with frickin' Pocchama and Mijumaru. Thankfully Harimaron appears to have avoided any of traits that made the other two so unpalatable. Even the gluttony was (as someone else has said) balanced by sharing at the end of the episode.

Blog Entries

So reading spoilers....

Foxeaf likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Clemont is like a hybrid Brock/May thing combined with Tracy's social ineptitude. And I love it. Its gonna give us some amazing character development arcs, starting with this episode. I loved how Chespin was portrayed in this episode, and I'm glad its as good as I originally thought it was going to be at its reveal.
    Darth Darkrai and Grabbergirl like this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Another episode focusing on Clemont. I love it! And adding cute, little Chespin. Double love!

First I'll start at the beginning. I'm glad that Serena and Bonnie attempted to rescue Sycamore, though I wish it would have been more successful than just getting in the van and Dedenne trying to chew Sycamore free. Also, I really hope Dedenne gets a real battle soon instead of always inconveniently being asleep. But the girls doing the motto with Bonnie doing those poses was hilarious.

Speaking of something hilarious, I never get tired of Clemont's slow running and exhaustion. His tiptoeing while sneaking up to Team Rocket's base was also adorable and funny, not to mention his and Sycamore being impressed by Team Rocket's invention.

But anyway, onto the mega mega Meowth plan. Clemont and Chespin were awesome here. Clemont jumping in the path of that rather slow moving robot to save Chespin was cool. Chespin was also really clever in remembering the robot's cord it tripped to earlier to stop it. I'm glad that Blaziken Mask and Mega Blaziken didn't entirely defeat Team Rocket and only made the robot easier for Clemont and Ash to stop. It was great.

And of course, Chespin deciding to share its food with the others at the end, adorable. I'm really glad Clemont got Chespin. It works well with him and I thought it was time that someone other than Ash got the grass-type starter. Overall, a great episode. 9/10.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

citron get ur shit together your daddy jumps off buildings and you can't even run a 9 minute mile

Blog Entries

Wow, these first 10 episodes have been perfect. All of the main characters have had a lot of focus and believable relationships with each other, the Rocket-dan is goofy and adorable while still being badass at the same time, the battles are well thought-out,and we still have some unresolved storylines. Please keep this up writers!!!

As for the episode itself, it was actually pretty hilarious. I'm surprised we got a motto-imitation so early in the series and it was nice to see Musashi's short-tempered personality resurface in reaction to that. I'm also surprised that Eureka called on Dedenne to use an attack; hopefully she becomes more of a battler as the series progresses. I'm not a big fan of Harimaron's personality since gluttonous Pokémon have been done to death, but its voice is super super cute so I can get over that.

One thing to note is that the series is past its advertising stage, meaning that all the episodes that used clips in XY's advertising before the series premiere have aired. From here on out, the Kalos adventure will get more interesting...

This was a good episode, I love it when they mock Team Rocket's motto and ignore it, my favorite moments of the episode :D
    Darth Darkrai likes this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Also Dedenne get your shit together like seriously stop sleeping so dang much lol.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Eureka and Serena trying to imitate Rocket-dan's motto made me snicker. Otherwise, kinda boring episode imo.
    Oh yeah, and Harimaron. I guess he was okay. And Citron is always awesome, of course.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

This is actually pretty funny and I loved the sight of a tied up Sycam - ahem, of how this episode focused on Chespin and Clemont.

OMG, Bonnie you just have to be so cute ♥

And Citron's daddy - yup. Mr. MegaBlaziken saves the day :D hope he keeps appearing occasionally, and hopefully there will be an episode where Citron discovers his daddy is a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    And Citron's daddy - yup. Mr. MegaBlaziken saves the day :D hope he keeps appearing occasionally, and hopefully there will be an episode where Citron discovers his daddy is a superhero
    Yes. There is so much that this series is going to give to us, I cannot wait.

*excited*

Smile~

Fantastic episode. Every character is just done so well, that goes for both old and new. I don't even look forward to gym battles in particular any more, because we're getting quality episodes all the time anyway. I mean that Furfrou episode, something that should be boring had a pretty awesome battle in it. Aaaah. XY God tier.

Serena just needs something. She hasn't been ignored per se, but I do hope she gets around to catching a new Pokémon and finding a passion.
    Foxeaf likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It kind of bothered me Serena didn't even attempt to use Fennekin...although that's nothing new, really, pretty much every episode in the entire show has the cast "forget" they have certain Pokemon for dramatic effect, but still it really stood out here. I guess the same could be said for not using Bunnelby (who is, surprisingly, the strongest cast member it seems bar Pikachu) or Froakie...

But otherwise it was a solid episode. I so hope we eventually get to see a TR Mecha vs. Citron Mecha Battle, I mean it's got to happen honestly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast