"Where No Togepi Has Gone Before" Review Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Where No Togepi Has Gone Before" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Where No Togepi Has Gone Before" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andre27 View Post
    The episode was ok i guess, not too special though.
    It did make we wonder what lvl brock's happini is..
    You can keep wondering, because you'll never find out. Levels don't exist in the anime.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That evil Togepi has shown a lot more personality than Misty's Togepi in just one episode, I hope we'll be seeing her again.
    Hell, the GS ball had more personnality than Misty's Togepi, or for that matters, any rocks the characters ever encountered. The thing was chirping dough ball that moved twice a year...

Now this Evil togepi, that's how you make a character. The entire episode was pure comedic gold... Probably my second favourite Sinnoh episode (after the first gible episode). LMAO at Happiny and Togepi going crouching tiger hidden dragon. One of my favourite fights in the anime for the sheer epicness of it. Rayquaza wins the prize for Most random and gratuitous legendary pokemon appearance EVER. Giovanni robot, Jessie figuring out than yanmega is a girl, falling through holes in the ground... that's how you spell funny.

Dawn needs to catch that togepi and evolve it to Togekiss... Hello flying fatality!

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    All in all, a rather underwhelming and sometimes even shocking episode (no, not because of Togepi's evil grin, but because of the blatant logical flaws)
    I'm afraid that today's episode was all grist for the mill of the opponents of Pokemon.
    Well there's your problem.

Logical lapses in Pokemon?! Well, I never.

What next, are you going to complain that the show has shitty dialogue delivered with awkward inflections?

Pokemon was at it's best when it was a comedy. When the show's writers (at least the English dub's translators/writers/whatever) knew the show was silly. When the actors were allowed to show they knew how ridiculous the show is. There is a slight tinge of self-awareness in the early episodes that keep them entertaining even now. On a so-bad-its-good level. On a these-guys-know-its-bad level. Something I didn't notice when I was younger, but appreciate now that Pokemon has taken this lazy, bullshit straight-faced tone. This episode (the first one I've watched in a long time), while not quite up to par with the early stuff, kind of reminds me of what once made the show watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by ιиsσмиιαc View Post
    You can keep wondering, because you'll never find out. Levels don't exist in the anime.
    If only people were more into humouring rather then outright stating what's wrong with a statement, it would be much more bearable.

BTW, Happiny is at level 3 in GOD HAND levels, and about to hit level die.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Aside from breaking the laws of physics and proving that the Pokemon world is unlikely to have a space program, this was a fun episode. I really hope this Togepi is Dawn's Togekiss (the "to be continued" shot at the end probably cements that). I loved the humor, the fact that happiny got to do something again (now Sudowoodo needs a Rival) and that we finally ended the gender debate... though why it was still going was a mystery to me. Anyways, a good episode, probably one of those that at first appears to be filler but ends up actually having an effect on the plot.

Also, next week, Kotone's english name.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

I liked this episode, nice comedy episode before the HG/SS promotion fest. That Togepi was evil and yet I like it. I still get a kick out of Jessie learning that Yanmega's really a girl, that voice says otherwise, even if Japanese. Also nice to see Happiny do something, if anyone can mess with Togepi, it's Happiny. If that Togepi appears again, I want more Toge vs Happi rivalry.

Nothing on Kotone's name online yet? ..Phooey.

This episode was nice. Very random. I didn't watch much of it, which I regret due to me missing the James-Evangelion moment, but I saw it in Japanese.

Blog Entries

I'm hearing a lot about all the Japanese music being kept. Call me stupid, but unless the music is from the games or obviously orchestrated, I can't really tell what's dub and what's original.

Anyway, my question... was there still dub music in this episode? Other than the opening/closing theme of course.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig257 View Post
    I'm hearing a lot about all the Japanese music being kept. Call me stupid, but unless the music is from the games or obviously orchestrated, I can't really tell what's dub and what's original.

Anyway, my question... was there still dub music in this episode? Other than the opening/closing theme of course.
    No there was no dub music at all. The music you hear in the dub of this episode is the same music that the Japanese version used.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

And that matters... why?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    And that matters... why?
    Because some people are overly concerned about every aspect of the dub and complaining about all minute changes.

Blog Entries

And that matters... why?
    More Japanese music kept the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

And that matters... why?
    I'm not allowed to be curious about these things?

don't really think the episode was all that funny. It might be a good idea but it didn't work with me. The voices of togepi as well as rayquaza was just "wrong". I personally prefer the voices of pokemon being consistent even tho the pokemon is a different one. On other notes it was almost overwhelming to have yanmegas gender confirmed as female (despite the fact that i already knew it). It's sad they didn't bring that into the plot more. James actually knowing that the rabbit knows ice beam feels rather out of caracter.

Reading this thread is just sad. To see the same people whine over cynthias whinyness and then going on to cry their daipers wet over som japanese music that sucks anyway is giving me serious gas problems. You guys actually sit down every saturdaymorning with paper and pencil going "okey, what is there to hate about the dub today"?
    Last edited by Peternummer14; 31st January 2010 at 07:39 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

...so people praising the dub for keeping the original music is a bad thing now? We should just ignore the fact that they're apparently throwing us a bone?

I'm no dub fan, but even I can give credit where credit's due. TPCI did a good thing with this episode. They deserve every bit of praise they can get.

We seemingly impossible to please fans of the Japanese version are praising the dub on this. I don't see why that would upset people.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast