REVIEW: "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshiram" Review Thread

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshiram" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshiram" Review Thread

Japanese Title: "Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom"; "Victini and the White Hero: Reshiram"
    Release Date: July 16, 2011

Ash, Iris and Cilan arrive in Eindoak, a village in Unova that is the ancestral home of the "People of the Earth." There, they meet Victini, a rare Pokemon that inhibits Eindoak. The peace that seems to surround the village doesn't last long; Dread Grangil has plans to use Victini to restore the Earth's Sword to regain the kingdom's former glory.
    Last edited by Sheep; 15th July 2011 at 08:58 PM.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshiram" Review Thread

Just saw the Reshiram movie. I'm typing this on my phone, so I won't go into too much detail now. Bur basically,

- Nobody dies.
    - There's no "let's let out all our pokemon"-type scene. In fact, the only pokemon we see from the main cast are Pikachu, Zurug, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Kibago, Emonga, Doryuuzu, and Yanapp. And most of
    *those* are only seen during the opening theme.
    - The Rocket trio does absolutely jack shit in this movie. Like, even less than usual. At least they're in-character.
    - Dread's voice actor is awful.
    - Proof makes a cameo during the end credits.

I'll post more random thoughts later.
    Eitarou and martianmister like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

So no cameos at the beggining? If Ash doesn't die..now I'm curious as to how that scene plays out. And I guess that's good news for Victini. Happy ever after for it?

How much do Iris/Dento do in this film? It didn't look like much from the preview's.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I'm just glad Karita's Sanzandora got a nice amount of show time since in the games it's a pretty strong Pokemon kinda reminded me of Flygon from Jirachi Wish Maker, and no Hatooboh sadly ;_; Ya know, when they announced two movies I thought they would be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY shorter then the normal one movie movies.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 15th July 2011 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Dread's voice actor is awful.
    I checked out Takeshi Tsuruno. He hasn't even done anime before. He has mainly been in dramas and his biggest claim to fame is being the human counterpart of Ultraman Dyna.

Blog Entries

I guess it's because they wanted Tsuruno the Ieru Kana guy to star. He's hilarious.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Just saw the Reshiram movie. I'm typing this on my phone, so I won't go into too much detail now. Bur basically,

- Nobody dies.
    - There's no "let's let out all our pokemon"-type scene. In fact, the only pokemon we see from the main cast are Pikachu, Zurug, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Kibago, Emonga, Doryuuzu, and Yanapp. And most of
    *those* are only seen during the opening theme.
    - The Rocket trio does absolutely jack shit in this movie. Like, even less than usual. At least they're in-character.
    - Dread's voice actor is awful.
    - Proof makes a cameo during the end credits.

I'll post more random thoughts later.
    Peg? When did she become important enough to appear more than once?

Oh wait, she's voiced by Shōko.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homu Homu... View Post
    Peg? When did she become important enough to appear more than once?

Oh wait, she's voiced by Shōko.
    Except Shoko-Tan also voiced the little girl, there was no need for her Crown City character to appear once again.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 15th July 2011 at 11:07 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Except Shoko-Tan also voiced the two children, there was no need for her Crown City character to appear once again.
    Exactly my point.

Maybe they thought that considering she did jack nothing in the previous film, they could give her a cameo to make up for it. (Seriously, her existence only served to give Shoko a person to voice).

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu
    So no cameos at the beggining?
    Nope. Pikachu fights a Nageki (or a Dageki, depending on which movie you're watching) during the "World of Pokemon" segment, but we don't get to see its trainer.

If Ash doesn't die..now I'm curious as to how that scene plays out.
    The castle is climbing higher and higher, so the inside of the castle is getting cold and the air is getting thin. What you saw in the previews was Satoshi sort of passing out due to this. Victini powers up an attack and starts attacking the "Protecting Pillars" that have surrounded them, and the noise (I guess) jolts Satoshi awake.

And I guess that's good news for Victini. Happy ever after for it?
    Yes. The movie ends with Satoshi fulfilling his promise to take it to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22
    How much do Iris/Dento do in this film?
    Pretty much nothing at all. They enter the tournament but are both knocked out during the opening theme. After that, Dent makes macarons to give to Victini. And...that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Homu Homu...
    Maybe they thought that considering she did jack nothing in the previous film, they could give her a cameo to make up for it. (Seriously, her existence only served to give Shoko a person to voice).
    The exact same thing can be said for the two kids she voices, Aude and Shade. They don't really do much of anything, either.

Seriously, this is like the "Satoshi and Pikachu and Dread and Janta" movie. Everyone else is just there for decoration.
    martianmister and Catzeye like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Nope. Pikachu fights a Nageki (or a Dageki, depending on which movie you're watching) during the "World of Pokemon" segment, but we don't get to see its trainer.

The castle is climbing higher and higher, so the inside of the castle is getting cold and the air is getting thin. What you saw in the previews was Satoshi sort of passing out due to this. Victini powers up an attack and starts attacking the "Protecting Pillars" that have surrounded them, and the noise (I guess) jolts Satoshi awake.

Yes. The movie ends with Satoshi fulfilling his promise to take it to the beach.

Pretty much nothing at all. They enter the tournament but are both knocked out during the opening theme. After that, Dent makes macarons to give to Victini. And...that's it.

The exact same thing can be said for the two kids she voices, Aude and Shade. They don't really do much of anything, either.

Seriously, this is like the "Satoshi and Pikachu and Dread and Janta" movie. Everyone else is just there for decoration.

So Ash does take it to the ocean/beach? Thought so, I knew Ash would keep that promise, so that's nice to here.

I'm sure Victini played a big role as well and Dread having a big role makes sense but it would've been nice for Iris and Cilan to do something worthwhile, but overall, was it enjoyable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries

was there a teaser trailer for the next movie at the end? Of the Musketeers? Anything?

Blog Entries

I also saw the Resiram movie. It was really good (though I am probably very biased).
    Iris's fangirling over Sazandora was cute and funny. Although I expected both her and Dento to put up a bit more of a fight in the tournament, oh well. Dento, despite his small part, still stood out more than some of the older characters ever did.

In the scene where Satoshi almost died his cheek lines were frozen over, then when Victini started to power up its flames Ash thawed out. It didn't take long for him to get back up, I thought the actual death scene of the first movie was much better (I still cry when I watch that film).

Now I am just curious how much of a difference there will be between the two films.

The preview at the end was for the Zekrom movie, it doesn't look that different. Although I think Reshiram looks better as the hero.
    Bubble Frog and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by かわいいピカチュウ96 View Post
    I also saw the Resiram movie. It was really good (though I am probably very biased).
    Iris's fangirling over Sazandora was cute and funny. Although I expected both her and Dento to put up a bit more of a fight in the tournament, oh well. Dento, despite his small part, still stood out more than some of the older characters ever did.

In the scene where Satoshi almost died his cheek lines were frozen over, then when Victini started to power up its flames Ash thawed out. It didn't take long for him to get back up, I thought the actual death scene of the first movie was much better (I still cry when I watch that film).

Now I am just curious how much of a difference there will be between the two films.

The preview at the end was for the Zekrom movie, it doesn't look that different. Although I think Reshiram looks better as the hero.
    Awww...I was hoping for some teaser trailer like they always show at the end of each movie...I know the teaser trailer doesn't reveal much, but it's still cool to see. XD

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast