REVIEW: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

Wait, so TCPi didn't cut this but they got the episode like this?

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, to see Trip wrong for a change suddenly makes him less of a Stu than he's seemingly been portrayed so far--not that I rank him higher as a rival or anything, but still is a nice touch.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I was surprised the animators didn't add Satoshi and the others to that scene to make it look less awkward. It wouldn't have been that difficult to do, especially compared to some of the other edits they've done in this series.
    Maybe it was made by TPCi, not OLM?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Maybe I'm making a bit of a big assumption here, but do the writers/animators seem a bit uneasy or unwilling to show large groups of Pokemon attacking humans? When we first see the Venipede colony swarming the town, flipping cars and old ladies, it done in a sorta still frame, slide show. Not that it took a lot away from the episode, but they did the same thing in DP190.

To keep this about the episode though, kinda wish we had seen Officer Jenny in action. She hasn't really done much in Best Wishes.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister
    Maybe it was made by TPCi, not OLM?
    It's possible, since all that's been done this time is cut footage. But I really doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden
    Maybe I'm making a bit of a big assumption here, but do the writers/animators seem a bit uneasy or unwilling to show large groups of Pokemon attacking humans? When we first see the Venipede colony swarming the town, flipping cars and old ladies, it done in a sorta still frame, slide show. Not that it took a lot away from the episode, but they did the same thing in DP190.
    They probably just blew their budget animating all those CGI Venipede. A few still frame shots here and there is understandable.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Liked the episode, when Trip quietly said “The Venipede leader…” I was thinking that he would possibly catch it like Paul did the Gliscor in “Riding the Winds of Change.” Which I think he was actually gunning for except for Ash stepping in and Burgh talking to him, but honestly though how many of us would stop just because someone told you to when you were trying to catch the biggest and strongest of a particular species of Pokemon?
    Agreed! Whenever this comes up in an episode, I can't help but wonder what gives Ash the right to forbid others to catch Pokemon. I mean, it's not that Trip would treat them badly like,say, Team Rocket. He's a legitimate trainer and thus has the legitimate right to wander around and catch the Pokemon he desires. If I were him, I would just have ignored Ash. Guess, I'm too much of a rebel with regard to that :P
    But as this seems to happen again and again in the show, I'd say it's just a problem of continuity. Hard though it is, but I reckon we are just supposed to ignore it.

Ash and the others pushing their ideas on others is a bit annoying as well, how many would do what they said and try peacefully or go for a straightforward attack like Trip (on the bright side your Pokemon could get some lv ups if they beat enough Pokemon)? I mean let some 10-year-olds try to tell adults what to do and see what happens in this reality. The mayor wanted safety for his people like the teacher wanted it for her kids back in the episode where Ash gets his egg.
    Agreed, too! Ash may be compassionate and loving towards Pokemon but that's simply not enough if you ask me. Even wonderful Cynthia, the ultimate model for each and everything in the Anime (and beyond that), didn't ask if she was allowed to attack Team Galactic or if they could perhaps reach a peaceful compromise. No, she simply did it because she knew it was the right thing to do!
    It's about time that Ash stops acting like a hippie and gets more Paul and Trip-like instead. But to prevent any misunderstandings: I'm not saying that he should give up being a nice guy. He simply has to get more mature and serious! A mixture of both Paul's and Ash's best qualities would be what I prefer.
    Karamazov and Steel_Justice like this.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

TPCI handled this episode wonderfully in my opinion, seemingly as best they could with actual CARE taken, though the situation with BW023 and 024 on the whole has become an atrocious mess.

Ted Lewis' Giovanni voice is still spot on and giving me shivers even after all these years. And the BGM in this episode was great. However I don't approve of the CGI Venipedes. You'd think a show this long-running, acclaimed, and popular would be allowed a bigger budget. I mean, it's not like it's any kind of financial gamble. -_-
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Oh thank god!

I'm so glad they didn't fix this mistake.

Paragon and martianmister like this.

I liked this episode. Lots of scenery changes and massive buildings that contrast with all the little Venipede (which were 2.5D rendered, too). Ash is reckless as usual. Some 'watered-down Paul 2.0' intervention with his Tranquill & Lampent (Trip's party is almost like my in-game, here :P) and Ash's Pidove gets a really bland reason to evolve, but I guess that's what normally happens in the games (in the grass *shuffle, shuffle* EVOLUTION!).. None of the usual, critically dire moment where all-hope-is-lost before the Poke actually decides to evo-rage.

Anyways, I'll pretend I didn't read all the posts about how the ending was resolved, so that my mind is a clean slate and not seriously mindfudged by following episodes..

Very nice ending to that one and I thought that little venipede would join Ash.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

A great episode. I found it as one of the most exciting episodes I've ever seen, and I loved the CGI Venipede. It's obvious they used CGI when you take the fact that there are too many Venipede to draw and the fact that all of their antennae were moving on their own.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Apparently, this episode aired in Korea with all the cut scenes intact.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Apparently, this episode aired in Korea with all the cut scenes intact.
    Any news about the TR/TP special?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234