REVIEW: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    This thread is about today's dub episode, and today's dub episode only. Let's get back to that and not keep going over things we've already discussed a million times.
    Sorry but this retcon is really f**king stupid. It's like they think nobody will notice.

Blog Entries

Then go blog about it. This isn't the place to complain about things that aren't anybody's fault.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Pretty good episode. Although seeing bugs crawling all over the city is kind of creepy! I thought it was pretty funny to see Burgh step into a "Pied Piper" role, eerily fitting IMO :p.

Trip is there... It seems as if Iris reacts more to Trip than Ash does on some occasions.
    martianmister likes this.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I like this episode. I like it when the characters are talking and all the Venipede are actually moving. I also like the 3D-ish effects on Venipede. So the original episode had Burgh and the gang going on the helicopter at the end?

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Blog Entries

No, Burgh staying behind was in the original version. The only difference is that Ash, Iris, and Cilan were supposed to go as well.

It's actually pretty funny to watch the new version since Burgh is just standing there by himself. XD Guess the others magically teleported away. Looks like Trip was wrong about it taking awhile to clean things up as well. XD

Sorry if this is annoying (and I've already read through this whole thread) but I know nothing about the Japanese versions and am very curious what the edit is. Could someone please explain what happens in the Japanese and how it's different in the dub?

Thanks a lot!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poke07 View Post
    Sorry if this is annoying (and I've already read through this whole thread) but I know nothing about the Japanese versions and am very curious what the edit is. Could someone please explain what happens in the Japanese and how it's different in the dub?
    In the Japanese version, after Juniper says she wants to go investigate the Desert Resort, Ash, Iris, and Cilan say they want to come along too. Juniper eventually agrees, and they all fly off in the helicopter, Burgh waving goodbye to them all. The narrator hyped up what they'll find in the Desert Resort as well IIRC.

So the only thing different between the Japanese version and the English version is that Ash and friends didn't go with Juniper. And obviously the narrator only focused on solving the Venipede problem in the dub.

*notices Musashi beat him to the question*

/le.sad.face

Anyone, Great episode. Nice teamwork. Gotta say this is the first ep that Axew actually reminded me of Ash's Gible when he failed Dragon Rage. Liked how, just like in the original, they managed to make Venipede's voice sounds just threatening enough at times, and at others, cute. Pidove evolving was cool, liked how shocked she looked when she started.
    Last edited by Hellwarden; 2nd July 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    As it is, it will look like stuff got resolved offscreen, which is anticlimactic and lame. I know this is necessary, but they could've done it another way.
    This Is What The Dubbers could done
    .Make Ash Go To A Pokemon Lab to show her the pidove eloved
    .To Save There Life

the pokemon stop being angry next episode and ash does his gym

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    So the only thing different between the Japanese version and the English version is that Ash and friends didn't go with Juniper. And obviously the narrator only focused on solving the Venipede problem in the dub.
    i thought ash came thanks for fixing it up for me
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Thumbs up Re: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

OMG, Venipede in this episode sounded much cuter than I have the Fushide from the original episode in my memory. <3

Despite the fact it was edited and that it was suppose to serve as a lead-in for the two TR VS TP episodes, I found this episode enjoyable nevertheless. Along with the fact everyone got to do something (even Nurse Joy and Audino) we even got some of Trip plus Pidove's evolution. I couldn't be more content with this episode, to be honest. What's the best about Pidove's evolution in the Tranquill is the element of surprise as none of us had any real clue that would point towards the evolution, so yeah, it was a nice surprise.

Another things that I liked;
    - Ash, I love his personality. Even thirteen years later he would do the same reckless thing for a poor Pokémon even if it means he would get poisoned as the result. I enjoyed him a quite a bit in this episode.

- Ash, Iris and Cilan felt like a real trio - they all served their roles in the plot and they all did it together. ^^

- Iris's sixth sense leading them to the Castelia Cone shop. Lol.

Overall, a pretty good episode. :D

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I'm thankful Delia isn't here, Ash's mom would have a heart attack if she saw the stuff he did.

sorry to add more complianing but if had been in charge of the edits i would have removed junipner competely and had it be mentioned it passing of what cause the venipede to go beserk or keep it a mystery and add it to another episode and remove the giovanni scene competely i can't wait to see had thier gonna cover up him arriving in unvoa then as it get the gist of vanishing in the two skipped episodes.

A nice episode that was building up a lot of suspense only to fade into insignificance in the end. Considering how they hyped up the whole Team Rocket /Team Plasma rivalry, it's really a shame and a waste of time (to use one of Trip's catchphrases) that it all had to end like this. Honestly, I'd rather they had skipped this episode as well so we wouldn't have been reminded of the other missing episodes in the first place!

Anyways, the episode itself was well-done: Nice to see that there is at least SOME continuity when it comes to Ash's personality because he's still as caring and reckless as he was in previous seasons. So I guess we could say that there hasn't been a complete reset of his character.
    But actually Trip was the one I liked best in this week's ep. He appears so superior and cool, plus he always gets Pokemon I would want to catch as well if I was a trainer. Trip is definitely a worthy successor of Paul and I often wish that Ash was a bit more like him.
    I was a bit disappointed, though that the writers didn't have Burgh play "Oracion" on his flute. What tune would be better suited to calm down agitated Pokemon than this most wonderful piece of music? Oh my God, I'd like to hear it again so badly!

All in all, if you ignore the ending and the skipping of the original episodes, you can really enjoy this ep as is. A decent story that makes for good entertainment.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Liked the episode, when Trip quietly said “The Venipede leader…” I was thinking that he would possibly catch it like Paul did the Gliscor in “Riding the Winds of Change.” Which I think he was actually gunning for except for Ash stepping in and Burgh talking to him, but honestly though how many of us would stop just because someone told you to when you were trying to catch the biggest and strongest of a particular species of Pokemon?

When Pidove evolved that was funny, after using Gust to get those Venipede back it order it was so excited that it seemed to show off its “Big Pecks” lol

Then the surprised look on its face when it realized that it was “changing” (evolving) made the moment even better. In the future, if it does learn Aerial Ace I hope that it is animated like Swellow and Staraptor’s instead of the way Trip’s Tranquil uses it. However, that is me just doing some wishful thinking.

Another thing, why did Ash use his Pokedex after it evolved? Considering that he already did in in ep 10 along with the fact that Trip sent out his before Pidove evolved and he didn't scan Tranquil then come one Ash...haha funny when Trip was just taking pics of the invasion before he started to attack with Flamethrower.

Really, I’ve made a similar thread on it before but Ash doing stupid s**t is really starting to get annoying. I mean really I know that some think it’s cute and funny, but while I do respect the fact that he cares about Pokemon and will do just about anything to help them he needs to think more.

Burgh straight out warned him that Poison Point is its ability that will affect him if he touched it. Ash looks…*pause*…literally knocks Pikachu off of his shoulder sending it flying (anyone else notice that) and then pulls it out then tries to touch it even though it was flat out trying to warn him not to get closer then he gets tackled and poisoned as a result. Ok ok…in the end it turned out helping it caused the leader to agree to follow the gang to safety but still.

Then taking Shadow Ball when Pikachu could have deflected it with Thunderbolt or Electro Ball, come on Ash! Trip leading the Pokemon Center defense team was cool showing that he has leadership qualities and will defend what he thinks is right. Darmanitain using Flamethrower…haha that would never slide in
    the games lol due to its extremely low Sp. Attack (only the type that has Sheer Force as its ability not the Zen Mode one).

Ash and the others pushing their ideas on others is a bit annoying as well, how many would do what they said and try peacefully or go for a straightforward attack like Trip (on the bright side your Pokemon could get some lv ups if they beat enough Pokemon)? I mean let some 10-year-olds try to tell adults what to do and see what happens in this reality. The mayor wanted safety for his people like the teacher wanted it for her kids back in the episode where Ash gets his egg.

Liked the whole Pied Piper reference (go on Wikipedia and discover the origin of the story pretty frightening when you think about it…).

The end when Trip says he’ll battle if he thinks he is worth it, Ash’s face…well I hope that tells him that he needs to train more to be a worthy opponent I don’t blame Trip in the least I wouldn’t want to battle someone that isn’t serious about it repeatedly only to see the same results time after time (haha, reminds me of Ash and crew fighting TR each episode in the old days).

Finally, Ash saying “We only did what we told you to do!”…wow Ash too bad you didn’t do that when he said not to get effected by Poison Point!
    Last edited by Paulisthebest; 3rd July 2011 at 10:00 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    It's actually pretty funny to watch the new version since Burgh is just standing there by himself. XD Guess the others magically teleported away. Looks like Trip was wrong about it taking awhile to clean things up as well. XD
    I was surprised the animators didn't add Satoshi and the others to that scene to make it look less awkward. It wouldn't have been that difficult to do, especially compared to some of the other edits they've done in this series.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast