REVIEW: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "A Venipede Stampede!" Review Thread

Perhaps they're retconning things so it takes place in Nimbasa city instead. Its quite possible since it would be another city and after the tournament/Gym battle.

So what exactly DID they cut, or rewrite, or otherwise alter? Were the Rocket scenes at the beginning kept intact? Was the plot itself, including the reason for the invasion, kept as-is?

Blog Entries

You know, I would've prefered a hiatus in Japan over this retconning nonsense.
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    So what exactly DID they cut, or rewrite, or otherwise alter? Were the Rocket scenes at the beginning kept intact? Was the plot itself, including the reason for the invasion, kept as-is?
    Everything was intact up until the very end. We had Juniper saying she was going to go check it out, then Burgh waving goodbye to helicopter as it flies off into the sunset. Then the narrator talked about how Ash and friends saved the day.

So all it was, was a few seconds of cut footage and some line changes by the narrator.

OSHAWHAT?

You know, I would've prefered a hiatus in Japan over this retconning nonsense.

... A hiatus of just those episodes, or the entire series?

In any case, I don't think anyone's really preferring to see these episodes retconned (including this Venipede one), but what happened's happened. It bites, but what can you do?

EDIT: I've still got to watch this episode, not just to see what was cut out from the episode (which actually doesn't make sense 'cause if it's cut out you can't see it), but to see how different this big city is from other big cities of the past. In the games this city's supposed to be a big one. (Then again, previous games have had big cities too...)

Looking at some episode screenshots, the night scenes at the end look cool. (In terms of setting.)
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I wonder though why they didn't cut it for the Japanese airings too...
    Because the episode aired a few days before the earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Because the episode aired a few days before the earthquake.
    Oh... *facepalm* I forgot when exactly the earthquake and stuff happened in relation to the episodes airings... thanks XD
    So if this will be rerun in Japan, they'll probably get the edit version from now on too...

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who has serious doubt as to these retcons? For all we know, this could result in annoying plotholes and contrivances galore.
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Am I the only one who has serious doubt as to these retcons? For all we know, this could result in annoying plotholes and contrivances galore.
    I'm pretty sure most of us don't like it but... what's done is done so there's nothing we can do about it
    They already contradicted stuff like how the twerps were surprised that James has a Yamask in the fishing ep, or like how Giovanni randomly became "busy" with no real explanation or how the whole meteorite plot was kind of abandoned for no reason...
    There's nothing to do about it, the plot already got screwed up... we can now just hope for the best: that they'll manage to air the TR/TP eps edited to fit current continuity in the near future and from then on hopefully continue as planned (though I believe they probably already skipped a few next appearances of TP eps and will probably need to edit these too, but we probably won't be able to know that they were supposed to air earlier)

Blog Entries

Did they keep the scene with Giovanni flying in his helicopter?

Blog Entries

Yes they did. Like I said, only the very end was edited.

Blog Entries

I'm now curious if TR's dialogue in BW25 will be edited, to make it seem that while the meteorite stuff still happened, they're not exactly sure HOW it happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of us don't like it but... what's done is done so there's nothing we can do about it
    They already contradicted stuff like how the twerps were surprised that James has a Yamask in the fishing ep, or like how Giovanni randomly became "busy" with no real explanation or how the whole meteorite plot was kind of abandoned for no reason...
    There's nothing to do about it, the plot already got screwed up... we can now just hope for the best: that they'll manage to air the TR/TP eps edited to fit current continuity in the near future and from then on hopefully continue as planned (though I believe they probably already skipped a few next appearances of TP eps and will probably need to edit these too, but we probably won't be able to know that they were supposed to air earlier)
    By why the hell can't they just air the episodes and explain that the TP episodes take place before Ash's third Gym battle with Burgh? Isn't that more simple than just panicking and changing everything?

You know, the earthquake in Japan was probably a coincident beyond coincidences. Like a piss poor plot device in a movie only this is real life. Guess we deserve it for hurting Mother Nature (I kid, sorta).

Blog Entries

Let's keep to the subject of BW22.

Blog Entries

This thread is about today's dub episode, and today's dub episode only. Let's get back to that and not keep going over things we've already discussed a million times.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast