REVIEW: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    I was very tired but will never speak a bad word of Cilan again.
    If you dislike what the character brings to the show, then please, feel free to express that opinion, but the opinion should be honest and reflect what the writers have given to the character in terms of goal, role, backstory, personality, quirks, etc.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    If you dislike what the character brings to the show, then please, feel free to express that opinion, but the opinion should be honest and reflect what the writers have given to the character in terms of goal, role, backstory, personality, quirks, etc.
    I know it may seem like I dislike Cilan just because he replaced Brock, but that's not all of it. I really don't find any good points about his personality that interest me. It's like people who like Paul, and people who don't like Paul. I really liked Paul, even though he wasn't shown to be the most likable of characters. Yet Cilan really is just uninteresting to me, his pokemon are boring and all his quirks are just really unfunny and irritating (to me). I feel the big deal about Dento is his voice actor, and the fact he's new, and perhaps the 'appeal' to girls and also that whole food/english thing. For starters, I don't watch any other anime, let alone any other Japanese related programmes, so I don't get the big deal about his voice actor. I don't personally see the whole appeal either, and that food related stuff is just not funny. I may sound like I'm outwardly bashing him - I'm trying not to but I just don't like him as a character, and having a character I just don't like in the main trio is really making BW not as exciting for me.

I seem to be hated just because I don't like him. I'm allowed to dislike him, whether it's due to bias or in general. I don't like the sommelier role, it's really pointless and as vague as Brock's breeder goal, and his role in the group is just the same as Brock's - so I don't see the big deal there. His backstory isn't as interesting as Brock's either. People can go about saying 'I love dento he's so much better than that boring brock!' and get away with it, but even if I mention not liking Dento I seem to get lots of fangirls/fanboys jumping on me saying I should just like him.

No offense intended to any Dento fans.

I'm going off-topic now, but anyway - this episode (episode 5!) has not really left me too excited about the dub.
    Last edited by Froakie; 7th March 2011 at 01:21 PM.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I love love LOVE Cilan's voice. It's so perfect for him! Chili's voice is great too, but I don't really like Cress's voice. Idk, it just sounds weird to me.

Cilan really is a cool character, and I'm glad he'll be a main part of this series. :]
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I'm guessing this is rhetorical... Because, since you watched the episode, you know that Cress countered Pikachu's head on attack with Double Team, then hitting a disoriented Pikachu with Scratch attack. Before giving Pikachu time to counterattack, Panpour aimed at Pikachu's feet to keep him off balance and unable to attack. When Pikachu tried once again to counter with Volt Tackle, Panpour used Mud sport to negate Pikachu's attack and made him slip...
    You know it's not so much about whether or not it was a good or superior strategy. You definitely have to differentiate here:
    Against a weak trainer that strategy might turn out to be pretty successful. Yes, it's true we can't deny that it was at least a well thought-out strategy.
    But to a trainer like Ash who is strong enough to win a league soon for sure, this shouldn't pose a problem at all. Though, this wasn't my point to be honest.

What I'm actually mad about is the fact that Pikachu, one of the strongest Pokemon of a trainer about whom Cynthia said that he would soon be skilled and strong enough to enter the Champion League, lost to such ridiculously weak attacks like Scratch (!) and Water Gun (!!!)

Even if you're right concerning Cress superior strategy, it'll remain highly implausible and cheap that the writers made Pikachu lose to such rookie-like attacks.
    Do you now understand why I'm so pissed off? I'm not criticizing Black and White because I feel like it (it's not fun, believe me!) but because I have reason to do so.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Eeehhhh, it's not like Pikachu was OHKO'd or anything. It did take several of these attacks without being able to do anything and there isn't a variable of judging the power of animé attacks as they don't recognise the base power of moves from the games. It's its own entity; it screws around with the game mechanics a bit. That's just what an animé fan has to accept I guess.

Even then, I don't hear complaints about him still having Quick Attack, despite it being played up as fast already.

War
    Blog Entries

Queen Cynthia, you are expecting a lot from Ash and Pikachu, which is not a good thing to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Do you now understand why I'm so pissed off?
    No... I really really don't. Pikachu in 14 years of the anime was shown to be quick, but he was rarely shown to be able to take out a whole lot of punishment. Cress' strategy was to wait for Ash and Pikachu to make a move. Depending on whether or not they tried speed, long range or charging with VT, Cress had the answer. Piakchu was hit repeatedly by Panpour's attacks and in the end couldn't take it. Cress had himself covered for all eventualities and Pikachu hasn't got much endurance. 1 + 1 = Ash loses.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Pikachu doesn't have much endurence usually, but remember that it took a surprising amount of abuse from Flint's Infernape back in the DP arc. You know, the Infernape that took out Ash's Buizel and Infernape in one hit each? Naturally, one who saw that would most likely expect Pikachu to take more than what Panpour gave it here.

Ya gotta love anime inconsistency, right?
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Sometimes people need a push. Ash gets picked on by girls alot. This is not new. I like Cilan's voice. It's a nice a change of pace. And the Iris hate will decease soon. She was just brought on the show. People just need to get used to her.( People weren't too fond of May the first few episodes either.)

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Pikachu doesn't have much endurence usually, but remember that it took a surprising amount of abuse from Flint's Infernape back in the DP arc. You know, the Infernape that took out Ash's Buizel and Infernape in one hit each? Naturally, one who saw that would most likely expect Pikachu to take more than what Panpour gave it here.

Ya gotta love anime inconsistency, right?
    I totally agree
    Hellion, if you want me to agree with me too then you've got to explain why Pikachu could sustain so much damage back then in that battle.
    My point still remains: That battle against Panpour was a crystal-clear case of the writers being inconsistent!
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

...uhh, wouldn't the fight against Infernape be the inconsistant one? Pikachu actually being able to take that much punishment is far from the norm. Which, y'know, is probably why Sharking said that 'he doesn't have much endurance usually'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    I totally agree
    Hellion, if you want me to agree with me too then you've got to explain why Pikachu could sustain so much damage back then in that battle.
    My point still remains: That battle against Panpour was a crystal-clear case of the writers being inconsistent!
    And I thought you said that Pikachu's performance in Satoshi's first battle with Flint showed how inconsistent the writers are.

Hellion is right. Pikachu was always portrayed as being fragile. The few times when it wasn't a glass-cannon are either:

a) the writers wanted to emphazise the relationship between Satoshi and Pikachu

b) just crappy writing

Even you complained abouth the Flint battle back in the days...
    But this is BW which sucks, so things said in the past don't count anymore...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    ...uhh, wouldn't the fight against Infernape be the inconsistant one? Pikachu actually being able to take that much punishment is far from the norm. Which, y'know, is probably why Sharking said that 'he doesn't have much endurance usually'.
    Exactly.

In 99% of the episodes of Pokémon, Pikachu is portrayed as a fast pokémon, whose attacks are as strong as its evolution Raichu, but not stronger and who has very little endurance.

Chillin' with Charizard TheTheDragon14's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The VAs weren't too bad, but these were definitely some of Ash's stupidest choices (Oshawott VS Pansage? Tepig VS Panpour? -_O). Iris is more fun then Dawn, but that's not saying much. All in all, good episode.

7/10
    I claimed Ice Punch,Thorton,and Skill Link!
    Pokemon White Team: Samurrot, Stoutland, Zekrom, Darmanitan, Throh, Tyranitar/Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by TheTheDragon14 View Post
    Tepig fought Pansear, not Panpour. And that was because he promised Tepig the first gym battle in Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTheDragon14 View Post
    That's to advertise the games. Ash's "starter" in Unova was Oshawott, so he would have faced Cilan in the game like that. They should have waited for the Snivy capture though, and had each face the corresponding monkey to the game, but it was still alright to end it like this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast