REVIEW: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Default Re: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

So what makes a Pokemon Sommelier different from the Friendship Checker App. on the Poketch?
    Nothing. The only difference is Pokemon Sommeliers are people. If the poketch was introduced in Unova they'd all go redundant.

Anyway, Cilan's voice is OK, I guess. I like looker and his voice, and I have no issues with the voice actor, but I don't really care what he sounds like anyway. Although I did spend the whole episode laughing originally.. lol.

Who voiced Cress?

The Lazy Trainer Ace Trainer Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's probably who ever voices James. If you listen you can hear a bit of James' voice in Cress's

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm glad they seem to have fixed the problem with the PokeDex not having a filter on its voice.

Also, re-watching this episode reminded me of just how intrusive the new Team Rocket can be. Talk about ruining the flow of the episode.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Also, I'm of the opinion that he doesn't really sound British. Firstly, British English sounds clearly different and secondly, I didn't think that Cress spoke like an snob or an aristocrat, something people automatically seem to associate with being British.
    No, he is really British after all:

1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Can't win them all Pikachu. I'd forgotten how cute Tepig was, when he ran back to Ash after KO:ing Pansear, such a happy smile! Cute!
    Only thing that annoyed me was Cilan's voice, not because I didn't like it, but because it sounded so familiar and I couldn't place it at first.

It's Fishing Time~ JennaJayfeather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma Grunt View Post
    JAMES IS CRESS'S REAL FATHER! CONSPIRACY! It's a shared trait with anyone who has (naturally) blue hair. *coughVioletcough*

EDIT: So what makes a Connoser..Conniesuer...Coni So what makes a Pokemon Sommelier different from the Friendship Checker App. on the Poketch?
    Lolz...

A friendship checker tells you how much the Pokemon likes you. A Sommelier tells you how "compatible" you are with the Pokemon. I think of Ash, Paul and Chimchar. Chimchar (maybe at first) liked Paul, but his battling style wasn't suitable with Paul, and Ash's battling style fit Chimchar perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Iris is starting to piss me off now. All she has ever done for the past 5 episodes is call Ash a kid. And half the stuff she calls him out for aren't even that dumb considering he's never been to the damn region before.

Everything else is good. I knew Cilan sounded kind of like Sonic from Sonic X when I first watched this.
    Are you kiding me? This wasn't as bad as Misty was before both of Ash's battle with Brock and with Surge. So Iris is just mild.

Blog Entries

At least Misty had a good reason to be mad at Ash. I'd be pissed too if some kid stole my bike and then destroyed it. Iris on the other hand is calling Ash out just because he doesn't know things about a region he's never fucking been to.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I'm glad they seem to have fixed the problem with the PokeDex not having a filter on its voice.
    I noticed this, too. At least it seems like these little kinks are being fixed as the show progresses (filter on the Pokédex, WTP having the Pokémon say its name).

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    No, he is really British after all:

Lolz! Seriously though, I gotta agree with Queen on this one. That boy is about as British as pecan pie.

(I, on the other hand, am British - although I'm told that my hybrid accent makes me sound more like an Australian - and I am neither aristocrat or snob. Not that I don't fantasise about having my own personal snooty butler to turn unwanted callers away.)

JAMES IS CRESS'S REAL FATHER! CONSPIRACY! It's a shared trait with anyone who has (naturally) blue hair. *coughVioletcough*
    Did you hear the way he pronounced "itself" during his battle with Ash? That was SO Jimmy...

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Yeeeeeessss, Mr. Sherman....everything stinks.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 6th March 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Despotar View Post
    Iris is just annoying right now. I swear if I hear her say "you're such a kid" one more time, I'm going to lose it. It might be better if she was actually doing something, but no, she just kind of stands around and yells at Ash (not that I wouldn't, but come on).
    I could not agree more. If you're gonna criticize, back your shit up and show you're more than just talk, which... just... isn't... happening... with Iris.

So what makes a Pokemon Sommelier different from the Friendship Checker App. on the Poketch?
    It's more than just checking the bond between a trainer and his/her pokémon, which is what the friendship checker does, since it's also about checking the compatibility in battle, whether the pokémon's fighting style and the trainer's fighting style are compatible, which was shown in this episode during the battle between Ash and Cilan when Cilan takes about seeing different tastes.

It will be expanded upon next week and in a future episode (BW019) in which Cabernet actually states the various roles of a sommelier, when she says that, besides compatibilities, Ash can ask her about customizing pokémon food, planning battle strategies and selecting accesories for the pokémon...

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Nothing. The only difference is Pokemon Sommeliers are people. If the poketch was introduced in Unova they'd all go redundant.
    ... which is an easy mistake to make if you only look at screen caps from episodes instead of watching them. But I'm sure Croag just made an honest mistake, she clearly wouldn't be trying to constantly downplay Cilan's goal and appearances because she's still bitter about the writers replacing Brock. No, she really is above that. Water under the bridge as they say. It was definitely an honest mistake.
    Last edited by Hellion; 6th March 2011 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I could not agree more. If you're gonna criticize, back your shit up and show you're more than just talk, which... just... isn't... happening... with Iris.
    But BW009 showed she's nothing more but talk. She's a beginner girl who hates losing, has a baby Pokémon unable to battle properly and a mole who just won't obey. They only reason she calls Ash a child/kid is because she indeed knows more stuff than him and is more mature than him.

Blog Entries

So here are the VAs for the brothers: Lucien Dodge (Chili), Jimmy Zoppi (Cress) & Jason Griffith (Cilan).
    EDIT: So what makes a Connoser..Conniesuer...Coni So what makes a Pokemon Sommelier different from the Friendship Checker App. on the Poketch?
    Con-noi-sseur. :)
    It's more than just checking the bond between a trainer and his/her pokémon, which is what the friendship checker does, since it's also about checking the compatibility in battle, whether the pokémon's fighting style and the trainer's fighting style are compatible, which was shown in this episode during the battle between Ash and Cilan when Cilan takes about seeing different tastes.

It will be expanded upon next week and in a future episode (BW019) in which Cabernet actually states the various roles of a sommelier, when she says that, besides compatibilities, Ash can ask her about customizing pokémon food, planning battle strategies and selecting accesories for the pokémon...
    Yeaaah...I still can't see what's the big deal about a Connoisseur.
    Last edited by J J M; 6th March 2011 at 04:06 PM.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    They only reason she calls Ash a child/kid is because she indeed knows more stuff than him
    No, she doesn't. Ash knows the same stuff she does about types and the theory of battles, but unlike her he knows theory's not everything and that in battles, you need more than type advantages. Ash is definitely more knowledgeable than her and was consistantly shown to be so on the show.

is more mature than him.
    Same way she laughed at Scraggy for just knowing two moves, until Ash called her out on the fact that Kibago knew just as many moves and had just as little experience... Right, mature...

The whole point of the "childish" thing is the irony behind it. Iris is the childish one in the bunch who always tries to act above other poeple.

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Yeaaah...I still can't see what's the big deal about a Connoisseur.
    It'll be better explained in the 19th episode of BW, but essentially, they are there to judge how well a pokémon and their trainer work together in battle, and help them become a better pair through advising them on diet, accessories and battle strategies.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

... which is an easy mistake to make if you only look at screen caps from episodes instead of watching them. But I'm sure Croag just made an honest mistake, she clearly wouldn't be trying to constantly downplay Cilan's goal and appearances because she's still bitter about the writers replacing Brock. No, she really is above that. Water under the bridge as they say. It was definitely an honest mistake.
    Yeah, my apologies. An honest mistake on my part. I'd never downplay Cilan in fear of leaving a bitter taste for him. What's done is done, and I'm in no way bitter about Brock. In fact I embraced Cilan the moment he appeared. Sorry about the confusion, I was very tired but will never speak a bad word of Cilan again.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast