REVIEW: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

追放されたバカ

Default Re: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

Well this episode was odd.

Ash has got dumb, why would you ask to battle all 3, when you could have just battled Chilli and won, it was stupid that he asked to make it best 2 out of 3. Plus he got his type matchup all wrong. He should have used Oshawott on Pansear as Iris said, then Pikachu on Panpour as he did, and then Tepig or Pidove on Pansage.

Instead Ash won the battle of two fire types, but lost the battle where he had a type advantage, with his most experienced Pokemon no less. Pikachu should feel ashamed, losing to a first gym like that, even with a type advantage while the newbies on Ash's team both have success despite being at a disadvantage. Pikachu take the shame.

追放されたバカ

Well this episode was odd.

Ash has got dumb, why would you ask to battle all 3, when you could have just battled Chilli and won, it was stupid that he asked to make it best 2 out of 3. Plus he got his type matchup all wrong. He should have used Oshawott on Pansear as Iris said, then Pikachu on Panpour as he did, and then Tepig or Pidove on Pansage.

Instead Ash won the battle of two fire types, but lost the battle where he had a type advantage, with his most experienced Pokemon no less. Pikachu should feel ashamed, losing to a first gym like that, even with a type advantage while the newbies on Ash's team both have success despite being at a disadvantage. Pikachu take the shame.

Pikachu lost because Cress used a well thought strategy.

^ I agree. Cress used a very interesting and highly effective strategy. Now if only Mud Sport worked liked THAT in the game!

I really liked this episode for many reasons: the voices actors were all amazing, the plot was spot on, the animation was great, ...oh and it was hilarious!

TPCi keep up the GREAT work!!!
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    Pikachu lost because Cress used a well thought strategy.
    Well, what exactly was his special or superior strategy?
    Aiming at Pikachu's legs? Using Mud sport to make Pikachu slip?
    That was so cheap. A good trainer like Ash should know how to handle that. But of course, Rookie-Ash does not...
    If I were him, I would definitely have knocked out Panpour immediately and with ease!
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

I liked it when Ash called oshawott his strongest pokemon. Foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Stopping Pikachu's moves while dealing damage is an excellent strategy.

Aiming at Pikachu's legs? Using Mud sport to make Pikachu slip?
    That was so cheap.
    How the hell is that cheap? Those are perfectly valid strategies. It would have been cheaper if Pikachu defeated Panpour.

A good trainer like Ash should know how to handle that. But of course, Rookie-Ash does not...
    You are expecting a lot from him.

If I were him, I would definitely have knocked out Panpour immediately and with ease!
    By using a cheap electric or grass type move, right?
    Last edited by War; 5th March 2011 at 06:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    I'm guessing this is rhetorical... Because, since you watched the episode, you know that Cress countered Pikachu's head on attack with Double Team, then hitting a disoriented Pikachu with Scratch attack. Before giving Pikachu time to counterattack, Panpour aimed at Pikachu's feet to keep him off balance and unable to attack. When Pikachu tried once again to counter with Volt Tackle, Panpour used Mud sport to negate Pikachu's attack and made him slip...

That was so cheap how Panpour didn't sit around, waiting to be hit by Pikachu's attacks, so cheap how Cress actually waited for Ash to make the first move and then took the logical decision to counter Ash's moves... oh wait no, that's just Cress being a good trainer and having a good strategy.

Seriously, there was nothing wrong with that battle, Ash just used his usual fighting style, to rely on speed and get in close, Cress had the answers. Ash can make mistakes, he's not perfect. He did here, he lost, simple as that.

- - - - -

On the episode itself, the battles were good, Pikachu v Panpour was actually the one that was written the best in my opinion. Tepig v Pansear was the one that I felt was the least entertaining, mostly because their personalities were the least present, but the battle itself was ok. That and... two moves... Oshawott was funny in its battle

I like that the writers were still able to capture Cilan, Cress and Chili's personalities, and even the hint of arrogance and dark side at the beginning of Cilan's battle, though wow... Chili sounded like Barry and Cilan's voice was... kinda... I don't wanna say pedestrian, but it just doesn't have the magic of Dento's voice.

I will say this... pet peeve of this episode: Iris and Kibago. The childish thing is getting old and Kibago's voice... URGH... Can someone rip out its windpipe... PLEAAAAAAAAASE.

On the connoisseur thing. I think it fits, but I'm sad to see sommelier go away. It just fitted. I hope they keep the "tasting time" and Cabernet's later use of French sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess of Peace View Post
    Oh, that fangirl who kept using "dreamboat" needs to start living in the present :P
    I actually loved that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I will say this... pet peeve of this episode: Iris and Kibago. The childish thing is getting old and Kibago's voice... URGH... Can someone rip out its windpipe... PLEAAAAAAAAASE.
    Lol, you know the childish thing will likely continue for the entirety of Black & White. As for Kibago, it all depends on if it evolves or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua's Illusion View Post
    Ash has got dumb, why would you ask to battle all 3, when you could have just battled Chilli and won, it was stupid that he asked to make it best 2 out of 3.
    He wanted to battle many different Pokemon, because that's how Satoshi is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua's Illusion View Post
    Pikachu should feel ashamed, losing to a first gym like that.
    There's no such thing as a "first gym" in the anime. All the gyms are out there, ready to be challenged in whatever order one wishes.
    So.

Iris was pretty good in this episode. I actually liked her first comments about how childish Ash is not to know where the gym is (the guy did have a navigator for all his journey). That seemed well placed, and did have to do with Ash's impulsive nature, well done. I could have done without hearing it a second time when Ash didn't know about Pokemon Connoisseurs, that was just annoying. Her comments during the gym battle were decent too.

The brother's voices were amazing. They totally caught the personalities they had. I especially loved Cilan's speech when he was introduced. I will love hearing him talk. The waiter seen was funny. I loved all their battles. Everything was amazing.

My only problem with the episode was the cheerleaders. They were just padding for the animation. And they had that typical high pitched fangirl voice. I didn't like that at all.

Well, that's not Johnny Yong Bosch!

It's true that Cilan's voice is not as fabulous as and is softer than Mamoru Miyano's take on him. However, he really does not sound that bad. Like, the voice itself doesn't suck or anything which is a big plus.

Axew's voice is starting to annoy me which I never felt with Kibago. Though, I think this is a fault on Axew's name itself because when repeated like that, it sounds super-annoying.

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The whole reason behind Ash wanting to battle all three is to showcase the new elemental monkeys, as it's the first real gym battle.

Great episode overall, but it started going downhill with Oshawott being afraid of Cilan's Pokemon. I loved the part where he commanded bite and the thing just held onto Oshawott's head the whole time. Another great part is when Ash walks in, and completely clueless, gets sat at a table but keeps demanding to have a battle. The one time he is actually offered food, he turns it down in favour of a Gym Battle.

Also, it really seems like Best Wishes is going the route of Kanto as in Ash is so clueless as to pretty much everyone he meets is a Gym Leader without knowing it.

I sort of miss team rocket being in each episode too... but oh well.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKenobi View Post
    Also, it really seems like Best Wishes is going the route of Kanto as in Ash is so clueless as to pretty much everyone he meets is a Gym Leader without knowing it.
    Though, is it really cluelessness if he literally has no idea who the Gym Leader is or looks like?

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Though, is it really cluelessness if he literally has no idea who the Gym Leader is or looks like?
    I just find the irony in that he's going around the region challenging all these Gym Leaders when one's already with him. ;)

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast