REVIEW: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

NY Islander & Ash Fangirl Islander Princess's Avatar

Default Re: "Triple Leaders, Team Threats!" Review Thread

I LOVE Cilan's voice! It suits him perfectly. I've also been pronouncing his name wrong. I like the real pronounciation better, actually! Pansage's voice was pretty similair to the Japanese version.

Awesome episode. No complaints!
    "I take it very personally when people criticize my game. I want to shove it right back down their throats."
    --Matt Martin

MY FANFICS: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2086119/nyislandersgirl

I Support Pokeshipping <3

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Huh. For a second there, I thought Dent's English name was pronounced like "Cylon," from Battlestar Galactica.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Ha! Totally nailed it. A-thank you, a-thank you.
    Nice :) it may still sound a little weird in Hebrew, but it surely sounds much better than "sommelier" which in Hebrew would be same as "waiter"
    So... starting with this ep, the Pokémon in Who's That Pokémon actually "talk" after they're revealed? I prefered it when they didn't, but whatever...

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

at least we know what's a sommelier translated in da dub is

15000/10

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Pokemon Connoisseur" once again brings up the image of him eating his own broccoli monkey. XD

I like the name though.
    Oh?

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Pokemon Connoisseur" once again brings up the image of him eating his own broccoli monkey. XD

I like the name though.
    Oh?

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Why does TPCi leave out people from the credits? Oh well.

Anyway, not much to say about this episode, obviously. Wasn't my favourite by a long stretch.

Blog Entries

Episode 5: Triple Leaders Team Threats

Pros
    -Cilan's(pronounced Cy-lon) voice sounds amazing!
    -Chili sounds great
    -Cress sounds great, and British!
    -Pansage sounds so AWESOME!!!
    -Pansear has a great voice.
    -Panpour sounds good too.
    -Dialogue is great! Especially Cilan's dialogue.
    -Love how they use the Gym music from the games!
    -Tepig wins it's first match!
    -Osahwott's battle with Pansage was absolutely hilarious! Like Iris said, he's more bark than he is bite!

Cons
    -Iris' catch phrase is just becoming increasingly annoying! Ash has never been to the Unova region once again!
    -Pikachu gets his ass kicked by Panpour! He never stood a chance :O

I thought it was a great episode, and a great dub intro for Cilan. And I'm not surprised they changed Sommelier to Connoissure due to the wine reference. I can't wait for the next episode!
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

Connoisseur? Sure Sommelier might have a wine reference but it doesn't necessarily have to be wine related, but whatever. I guess I'll have to get used to Connoisseur though I don't much like it, it's not as fun. Whenever I hear "connoisseur" I'm going to keep thinking he's going to eat something. "You're Pikachu is going to be tasty with Ketchup, or something.

However there is a problem with Connoisseur, how can they dub Cabarnet now? She actually smells and "tries to taste" a Pokemon. That's only suitable for a sommelier (well the "smelling" part mostly). Maybe the dub shouldn't have proceeded like it did, because when they decided to change it to Connoisseur, they probably didn't take in account of BW019. But whatever.

The pronunciation of Cilan? Bleh, don't care too much about it.

Cilan's dub voice? I don't think it's fabulous enough, but I suppose it will work (it was too deep?). Well at least it isn't Sean Schemmel like I was kind of fearing. Not sure if he would nail it or not, but it would be awkward to hear Sean Schemmel throughout the series as Cilan.

As for Panpour beating Pikachu? Once again people do not know what Pokemon (anime) is all about. If you cannot see why Pikachu lost so badly, then you just need to stop watching, period? Especially with Panpour dishing out all those attacks and Pikachu not getting a hit in. Cress is clearly superior.

If anything complain about Chili's loss. I mean I didn't find anything wrong with it, because it was mostly, Ash encouraging Tepig for the win. BUT as you'll find out, Chili has to be the weakest gym leader at the Striaton City. Hell I won't be surprised if he comes back mad at Ash, with his newly evolved Simisage and creams the heck out of Ash's team, just because of the poor treatment by the writers. At the very least, he should win one battle.

I'd say Cress is the strongest, but Cilan might take that title (given future events).

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Sigh-lynn. :3

Did I hear the Pokedex correctly? It sounded like the voice has been filtered this time.

Also, I never noticed, but the animation of this episode is a little off.

Is it me, or does Cilan look pretty derp? Yeah, it's probably just me.

EDIT: I like how the restaurant girls apparently carry cheerleader uniforms with them. Or does the Gym supply them those clothes?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Alright, I watched this one since I haven't seen the actual original episode or so I think. Anyway, first things first - I liked Cilan's dub voice. Pokémon Connoisseur? A bit hard to type, but fitting indeed. Anyone noticed that they kept some 'tasting' references? Makes me think we could hear that 'it's tasting time' phrase again!

The episode itself was enjoyable. I don't mind Iris calling Ash a child since she has no clue of his achievements and it's Ash's fault for acting like one. (or should I say the writers?) I also liked how Cilan said that Iris represents a girl who is one with nature, I liked that reference. Now if we could only get someone to say that Cilan represents technology. :P

I also enjoyed the scene where the brothers started serving Ash like actual waiters and Ash yelling at them.

As for the gym battle, it was rather comical but okay. (at least the Oshawott part) I can't see why anyone could complain about Pikachu losing to Panpour because that monkey didn't even give Pikachu a chance to attack. It's perfectly understandable for Cress to have an anti-elecric strategy, so I can understand why Ash lost. The Oshawott part was rather comical, I hope the next episode shows a more serious side of the battle.

Overall, a nice episode. Team Rocket didn't do much of course, but I love the fact writers learned to write episodes without them.

EDIT: I forgot about WTP, I'm really, really glad that the Pokémon can be heard too, it was something I missed at WTP's return. :D
    Last edited by Tsutarja; 5th March 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Black&White!

Once again, I was pronouncing a name wrong. Once again, the Anime pronounces the name right, so now I do too.

I loved the episode, it had great battles, and Dento as I expected, is awesome. I loved Pasnage's Kamehameha, and Oshawat's face at the Solarbeam, was priceless.
    My fanfiction: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-pokemon-journey-98337/
    I have claimed Gold/Ethan!

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

I know I said it before in the Caption thread, but when the leaders introduced themselves, I felt like I was watching Ouran High School Host Club.

That being said, this episode was pretty awesome. I especially liked Cress's portion of the battle, how he was so calm the whole time.
    Last edited by NoodleChefKyle; 5th March 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

The Lazy Trainer Ace Trainer Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleChefKyle View Post
    I know I said it before in the Caption thread, but when the leaders introduced themselves, I felt like I was watching Ouran High School Host Club.
    *Is refraining from saying anything about Cilan's Japanese VA and who he plays on Ouran*

Anyway, Nice episode.

-Cilan's dub voice is pretty good.
    -Connoisseur ? That's Ok with me. Considering how I had No idea what a Sommellier was prior to Dent's Debut, I'm ok with it.
    -And again with the griping over Pikachu losing to Panpour.
    Seriously, water type moves are normally effective against electric types. Add to the fact that panpour was too fast for it. Super effectiveness means NOTHING if you can't hit it. (why do you think there's an Evasiveness Clause?)

A standard episode without anything to get excited about (except for the Team Rocket scenes) but with much to criticize.

As for Cilan's, Cress' and Chili's voices: While Chili's was alright as far as I'm concerned, Cilan's voice was too soft for my taste. He somehow reminded me of a nursery school teacher. What was really bad, however, was Cress' voice. Even at the risk of being virtually killed by Cress-fans, I dare say that he sounded a bit gay. Come on, give that guy an appropriate, manly voice which he deserves. Also, I'm of the opinion that he doesn't really sound British. Firstly, British English sounds clearly different and secondly, I didn't think that Cress spoke like an snob or an aristocrat, something people automatically seem to associate with being British.

As for the battles:

-Tepig vs. Pansear was not bad. Considering his limited range of attacks, Tepig stood his ground bravely.

-Oshawott vs. Pansage was embarrassing. If I hadn't known better, I would have said that this was one of the very first Kanto episodes. After 13 years of Pokemon, the writers actually have the nerve to show us such a childish fight? Oh dear...

-Pikachu vs. Panpour was just ridiculous. You know what? I can't help but think that this was done on purpose by the writers to mess around with us. If that were my Pikachu, he would have launched one Thunderbolt and Panpour would have been down.
    I'm sick and tired of the constant fluctuations in Pikachu's power level which obvious don't obey any logic at all.
    After all those great fights Pikachu used to put up, you'd think that Pikachu would sweep the floor with a standard Water-type Pokemon by now...
    But no! Once again Pikachu and Ash appeared like unexperienced rookies who just had their very first battle. Having to watch Pikachu losing to Scratch(!) and above all Water Gun(!!!) was such a pain. I'm wondering how tolerant Pokemon fans are expected to be?

Also, I want to say something about Ash in general: After successfully battling in five regions, Ash should normally act much more mature and make the necessary preparations BEFORE entering a gym! But instead, he happily rushes in in his typically naive and overconfident way and actually hopes to win a gym badge with Pokemon he hasn't even trained properly yet.
    I for one never enter the first gym until my starter Pokemon has at least evolved!
    Rookie-Ash was kind of funny during the fist two seasons but having to see Rookie-Ash over and over and over again (even after thirteen years when he's already on his sixth journey) is annoying and pathetic alike.
    For God's sake, stop that damn constant "character reset"! I can't stand it anymore.

Watching the Sinnoh adventure felt like watching a mature, brilliant show for all ages, but this childish stuff is like watching Teletubbies. Again another week in which Pokemon goes further down the drain.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast