Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Aweome eppy. :D

Brock: "Give your sisters my best!"
    Misty: "Yeah...right."

XD

Hansen's and Shedinja's dub voices were perfect (of course this applies to the previous episode too), Misty's Gyarados was awesome...great two-parter overall. :D

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last ep, Shedinja seemed to be singing the Goldfinger theme at some points. Not in this one, though.

Showing Misty having a gyarados shows that she matured because Misty didn't like gyarados in earlier episodes. It was sad when togepi left, but i wasn't really a fan of it.
    Last edited by pikapal; 3rd October 2004 at 01:38 AM. Reason: I wanted to add something
    Hang 6 pikachu
    :my space blog

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

"Togetic...I love you."

That scene was powerful.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Yeah, I agree, Geodude.

That was a great scene!

And I really loved this episode! Both this episode, and the one before it were great, because not only did Misty come back, but we also found out a lot about Togepi too. One of the things I liked about this episode though was that it seemed to have that special writers' touch to it. I mean, I never would've thought that Togepi could fly, or that they lived in another dimension. And with that said, this episode was very interesting, from beginning to end. I loved all the battles they had in this episode too! They were really good! Of course, when Misty brought out her Gyarados, I was so surprised, cause I didn't expect it to be in the episode. And it was really cool how it used Flamethrower! The best part of this episode was when Togetic had to leave though. And after seeing it so much in the show, I didn't want it to leave, especially not after it just evolved. But, I have to say, they gave it a very good farewell, cause the scenes when Togetic was leaving were so emotional. And it was really sad when Misty was saying goodbye to it! Oh, and after Togetic left with all the Togepi, I didn't expect to see any more Togepi, so I was happy to see that one Togepi. And I thought it was great that Princess Sarah got the Togepi she needed for the ceremony! Oh, and I loved the ending of this episode! And it was cool how Misty said a little something to everyone at the end! I really loved the part the part when Misty said something to Ash like, "Get first place in the Hoenn Leage" and Ash said, "Of course! What else?". That was funny! LOL. XD And overall, this episode was one of the best ones they've made! I enjoyed every bit of it too!

Rating: 10 out of 10
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 3rd October 2004 at 03:12 AM.

... I fully went into this storyline expecting to dislike it. To me, it felt a little trite to drag a former main character out for a silly little two-partner, then send them back on their merry way. And, of course, having that character be Misty, and having the story focus on Togepi, of all things, didn't help.

So it was a nice surprise to get a set of nicely-done episodes. Hm.

Hoenn's getting better, regarding the parting scenes. They're much better than any of Ash's farewell-scenes, being that they're not as overdone. It's harder to feel emotional, when you're trying to ignore a cheesy vocal song in the background. =/ Meanwhile, this was very simple, very powerful, and much more effective at getting the emotion across. Whoosh.

Gyarados. <3 So happy it wasn't something like that bloody Goldeen.

So yeah. Lovely set of episodes. That's how Misty should have been, when she was hanging around as a main character, and I'm glad she got a chance to really come through in these two eps. Shame Togetic had to leave just when it was getting interesting/useful/cool. ^^; But it's not like we would have seen it again very often, even if it had stayed. So, eh.

You know, you never realize just how much you miss seeing Brock get dragged around by his ear. ;_;

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Wow. That definitely was the best AG episode so far.

I started laughing when James asked Hansen, "Can I be a prince?" because knowing 4Kids, I half-expected them to make him say "princess" instead.

We can add another Pokemon to the tiny list of those who keep their Japanese voices in AG...

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I would have to add that Not only was this a great show, but the natural back drop was just spectacular!!!!

(huh??)

Ok I'll tell you what I mean. As I was watching all the dramatic stuff, Hansen taking control of the kingdom, the distressed Togepi found under the rotten forest outside my house was this torrential rain that got heavier and heavier. This made me feel almost a part of the show. Coincidentally enough, around the end when everything was resolved the rain stopped and the sun came out!!!!!... Man I think this will be my favorite epi. for many to come.

-In Simple Harmony-

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

This is random, but I don't know where else to put it.

Did anyone else notice that the dub OP has Blastoise's chin colored the right color even though the Japanese OP had it colored blue? Or did the Japanese OP get fixed after the first one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12