"A Tail with a Twist" and "Taming of the Shroomish" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "A Tail with a Twist" and "Taming of the Shroomish" Review Thread

SOOOOONANSU!!

A Tail with a Twist: An AWESOME! episode. It started out really boring, but picked up suring the treecko vs seviper battle and kept up from there. The battles in this episode were really cool looking and well coregraphed. I love the new animation!! TR stole the show like usall and had all the best lines. Jessie's battle with seviper is one of THE most hilarious scenes EVER, in the history of pokemon. I guess no one else noticed, but James used the japanese name for mega kick in this episode. he said "Megaton Kick". Treecko's training was cool, as was the final battle of the episode. I thought the attack Treecko was learning was Slam, did they say what it was in the japanese version. Also, for some reason they used Habuneku's voice AND a new dubbed seviper voice. All the scenes where it was just hissing and making weird gurgly sounds were its japanese voice, then they dubbed it saying its name. overall, 4 stars

Taming of the Shroomish: Didn't they say the name of the town was.....Torque Town? ^_^;;;;. Anyway.....*yawn* this episode was pretty boring. Hoen is great with the plot episodes, but when they do a filler they really do a filler. It had a few good scenes and lines in it. TR of course had all the best scenes, and I liked how they were defeated. Shroomish had a decent dub voice, but I think I liked Kinokoko's voice more. The scene's between May and Brock were really cute, and I kept thinking they were acting like a married couple. Like that scene where May was window shopping and Brock wasn't too enthuisastic, I was thinking "He sounds like her husband". Hehehe, May/Brock shipping!!!! Other than that stuff, the rest of the episode was boring. the plot was rather cliched, and that Shroomish guy just appeared randomly out of thin air, and added nohing to the episode. I found him to be one of the more boring Characters of the day in the Pokemon series. overall, 2 stars.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Hitchi
    I was happy and genuinely surprised to hear a remix of the "Advance Adventure" in both episodes!
    Oh, I guess I missed that when I read your first post, Hitchi. LOL. ^_^

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

I'm surprised nobody mentioned James' line after a few unsuccessful attempts to get Seviper: "Next time, why don't we try to catch something easier, like a taxi?"

And I agree, Jessie's battle with Seviper was hilarious! When Seviper chomped off her hair, I thought it was going to eat it next, but it didn't.

Oh yeah, and TR doing their motto while still holding the chainsaws was...scary.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: "A Tail with a Twist" and "Taming of the Shroomish" Review Thread

A Tail with a Twist

Fun little character-building episode starring Treecko. We got some info on his personality and how he's the type to not take losing too well. Liked the little training scene with him and how he protected Torchic from Seviper. Shame all of Seviper's badassness went out the window the minute Jessie caught it, though I liked hearing the Japanese AG opening in instrumental version during the battle since that's always been one of my favorite pieces of BGM. It was of course nice to see Jessie get her second serpent Pokemon, shame it got spanked easily by Treecko though. The group Pokemon interaction scene was nice, still can't believe how few Pokemon they actually have with them right now. Kinda sucked Torchic didn't Ember Seviper to the face when cornered but it was probably too scared to try that. Though it was weird Seviper didn't try to eat Torchic, it is a chick after all but this is Pokemon and that can't happen. It just feels awkward seeing a viper going around eating fruit. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12