REVIEW: Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 1)

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 1)

BW059 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Driftveil gym leader Clay promises Ash a battle if he and his friends are able to bring him back a Revival Herb from Milos Island. Whilst there, they discover that a disturbance upon the island has caused the Revival Herb plant to stop growing, in addition to making all of the local Grass-type pokemon sick. When legendary pokemon Tornadus and Thundurus of the "Kami trio" appear and begin wreaking havoc upon the island, Ash and friends' only hope may lie with the third member, Landorus.

Default Re: Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 1)

Was a bit disappointed at the fact that the trio didn't keep their original voices at first, but then their dub voices turned out pretty good.

Anyway, good dub. I thought the art was really, really nice in this ep. Iris looked pretty with her hair blowing in the wind during the ship ride. Liked how physical the fight between Ash, his friends, and the duo felt.

Poor Stunfisk......

It was really awe-inspiring at how violent and destructive Thundurus and Tornadus were. I liked the part when everyone was using their own pokemon to try to stop the fighting. Although I kinda scoffed when Cilan thought he could use Pansage to even put a dent in Tornadus! I mean it's a Flying-type, so none of Pansage's moves would be effective, and on top of that it's a freaking Legendary Pokemon! Why would he even think he could even distract Tornadus?

I loved the Stunfisk/Pikachu teamwork there. Did it remind anyone else of Pikachu/Swellow combination? For some reason it did to me.
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Blog Entries

This only makes me ponder how powerful the anime actually thinks pokemon are. Receiving a full hit from a legend, and it's super effective...Snivy should've been OHKO'd. Then again, the old series used to make me think about this, too. I don't dwell on it, though, since I know it's one of those things the anime is not consistent on.
    Queen Cynthia likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Overall pretty good episode, but the only problem is that TPCi only kept 3 pieces of music. The title card music, the B/W opening theme directly after & the piece that ends the episode.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Worst arc of BW, and probably the anime...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mewtwo View Post
    Overall pretty good episode, but the only problem is that TPCi only kept 3 pieces of music. The title card music, the B/W opening theme directly after & the piece that ends the episode.
    Only 3 out of 13 pieces (23%)? That's probably the lowest amount of music that the dub has kept so far this season.
    Last edited by BladeLight52; 29th April 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BladeLight52 View Post
    That's probably the lowest amount of music that the dub has kept so far this season.
    I'm tired of this music replacing. The dub has everything else great, the scripts & voice acting, and now only the music is the problem. It seems like we'll never get a good Pokemon dub.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Due to the often heated back-and-forths that occur within this thread between certain individuals, this thread is now going to be closed. It has worn out its welcome for discussion on BGM kept and despite in-threads warnings, official warnings and infractions, it is clear that those are ineffective.

From now on users may:

- Post how much music was kept within a dub episode in that particular episode's review thread (this includes past review threads).
    - Discuss any of the music in that particular episode in the review thread, whether it be dub BGM or not, or a piece that was replaced.

Discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM will not be allowed in review threads. There will however shortly be a new thread created in The Pokémon League concerning the act of replacing music.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/should-dubbing-companies-pok%C3%A9mon-anime-replace-bgm-songs-131292/

Blog Entries

Due to the often heated back-and-forths that occur within this thread between certain individuals, this thread is now going to be closed. It has worn out its welcome for discussion on BGM kept and despite in-threads warnings, official warnings and infractions, it is clear that those are ineffective.

From now on users may:

- Post how much music was kept within a dub episode in that particular episode's review thread (this includes past review threads).
    - Discuss any of the music in that particular episode in the review thread, whether it be dub BGM or not, or a piece that was replaced.

Discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM will not be allowed in review threads. There will however shortly be a new thread created in The Pokémon League concerning the act of replacing music.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/should-dubbing-companies-pok%C3%A9mon-anime-replace-bgm-songs-131292/
    I did nothing wrong, all I did was state how much music was kept, and answered BladeLight's question with an opinion. Nothing wrong there.

Blog Entries

I did nothing wrong, all I did was state how much music was kept, and answered BladeLight's question with an opinion. Nothing wrong there.
    "I'm tired of this music replacing" and "It seems like we'll never get a good Pokemon dub." is discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM and not specifically referring to the music replaced in this episode.

The reason why comments on the general practice of replacing BGM not being allowed in review threads is simply because its incredibly repetitive and isn't actually talking about the episode itself. We have a separate thread for it so that people don't have to endure the same comments over and over when trying to see how much music was kept.
    Last edited by Iteru; 28th April 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

"I'm tired of this music replacing" and "It seems like we'll never get a good Pokemon dub." is discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM and not specifically referring to the music replaced in this episode.

The reason why comments on the general practice of replacing BGM not being allowed in review threads is simply because its incredibly repetitive and isn't actually talking about the episode itself. We have a separate thread for it so that people don't have to endure the same comments over and over when trying to see how much music was kept.
    We'll just agree to disagree then because I don't see it as that.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Iris hopping like a little kid.... Oh the irony.

Kami's dub voices weren't that bad.
    Trainer Gabriel likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

I wish I had a gif of Clay's boss walk

Okay, I don't understand something. Team Rocket's plan to nab the Kami trio rested solely on the fact that Ash and his friends were going to 1) go to Milos Island, and 2) wake up Landorus to stop Thundurus and Tornadus from... fighting for whatever reason they're fighting.

...what if Clay had battled Ash without demanding Revival Herbs, Ash had won his gym battle, and they had all left Driftveil without having ever heard of Milos Island? Would Team Rocket have just sat around waiting for someone else to wake Landorus up or what? ._. Because apparently Landorus required a Shrine Maiden (cue Iris, being the only chick) to wake him up.

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention because I was bored with the dull background music and repetitive attack animation.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    I wish I had a gif of Clay's boss walk

Okay, I don't understand something. Team Rocket's plan to nab the Kami trio rested solely on the fact that Ash and his friends were going to 1) go to Milos Island, and 2) wake up Landorus to stop Thundurus and Tornadus from... fighting for whatever reason they're fighting.

...what if Clay had battled Ash without demanding Revival Herbs, Ash had won his gym battle, and they had all left Driftveil without having ever heard of Milos Island? Would Team Rocket have just sat around waiting for someone else to wake Landorus up or what? ._. Because apparently Landorus required a Shrine Maiden (cue Iris, being the only chick) to wake him up.

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention because I was bored with the dull background music and repetitive attack animation.
    Best Wishes Team Rocket, folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)