At long last we get a decent opening to the English dub :D Its pretty refreshing to hear a remixed version of the original Pokemon theme after the 3 terrible dub themes in Best Wishes. I do wish though that we got the full thing. On the subject of the dub, I think it sounds alright, though I can't say much about Serena's voice just yet. She's gotta have more screen time before I can really judge her dub voice. I did notice that a few lines were re-recorded also though and also, I could care less about the music being replaced.
Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13
I really liked the opening. First opening I've liked in a while. I would've liked the full version of the original, though. I still don't understand why the older episodes aired fine with the full opening, yet we still only have 30 second openings. But whatever.
As for the episode itself, I didn't notice the changes between the first version and this one. Guess I'm not very perceptive. At this point I really don't care if they change the music, since I don't watch the Japanese version of the show anyway.
hopefully next season they'll do a remix of Pokemon world which i found to be better than the Pokemon theme and this remake.
Your Name Please
1) Did they add the transition SFX in the title screen this time? I've noticed that even the Japanese Version has stopped using it, which is very odd. Why only use it a few times?
2) In the opening scene of Grace and Fletchling, there was some microphone static when Grace said "usual". Was this fixed?
Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
The user formerly known as kenai3000
Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever
1. First scene with Grace asking Fletchling to wake up.
2. Ash's plane landing in Kalos.
3. Ash talking to Alexa and seeing Spritzee.
4. Team Rocket watching Ash from afar.
5. Ash talking about Gym Battles with Alexa.
6. Ash seeing Mega Blaziken for the first time.
7. Ash and Pikachu inside the airport.
8. Alexa directing Ash to the Lumiose Gym.
9. Ash saying goodbye to Alexa and running down the road.
10. Ash being thrown out of Lumiose Gym.
11. Ash meeting Clemont and Bonnie.
12. The entire segment of "Who's That Pokémon?" has new music.
13. Clemont and Bonnie introducing themselves.
14. Clemont calling out Bunnelby.
15. Ash telling Clemont and Bonnie about Team Rocket.
16. Ash telling Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on Team Rocket.
17. Ash catching Pikachu from falling.
18. Ash telling Pikachu to use Electroball on Team Rocket.
19. Froakie using "Frubbles" on Team Rocket.
20. Froakie collapsing onto the ground.
1. (Ash, after saying goodbye to Alexa and running down the road):
Version 1: Alright, ha ha ha ha ha!
Version 2: Alright, Pikachu let's go!
2. (Ash, after Alexa says "Go get 'em Ash!)
Version 1: (Nothing was said).
Version 2: Ha ha ha ha ha!
3. The robotic voice has been changed, having a lower tone and and robotic effects added to it.
4. (Bonnie, talking to Ash and Pikachu)
Version 1: If you weren't, Pikachu wouldn't be sitting on your shoulder like that.
Version 2: If you weren't, Pikachu wouldn't be sitting on your head like that.
(TPCi actually corrected themselves, as Pikachu was sitting on Ash's head and not his shoulder during this scene. Also, I don't think anyone caught this error when it was first aired.).
5. (Ash, talking to Bonnie and Clemont)
Version 1: And that's the reason why we came here on our journey, looking for Gym Battles.
Version 2: We're continuing out journey, and looking for more Gym Battles.
6. (Ash, talking to Clemont after he takes out Bunnelby's Poké Ball)
Version 1: Please let me see! and then, let's battle!
Version 2: Oh please, can I see it? then, let's battle!
7. (Ash, after Bunnelby catches Pikachu's Iron Tail)
Yeah, it was good that you caught it, but now, it's too bad you can't use your ears!
(The line keeps the exact same dialogue in both versions, but it was re-dubbed.)
8. (Ash, directing his attention to Team Rocket)
Version 1: Alright, why would you do such a thing?
Version 2: Alright, what do you think you're doing?
With all the editing that took place, TPCi forgot the "To Be Continued..." on the final scene.
Concerning the dub music, it's awful, and in my opinion, worse than what we've seen in the past. The worst was for the final scene, when everyone is taking Froakie to Professor Sycamore's. It sounds like old Victorian music and totally unfitting.
As for the new dialogue, I can't see anything wrong with it. It definitely doesn't make the episode worse than it already was, but the new music sure accomplishes that.
The worst part is, we were introduced to the new XY music first, so now watching it with this garbage selection, it's pretty much un-watchable for me.
I was expecting them to go back to dub music after like five episodes, or even the third episode but this is just sad.
Like even if it was a rush job to get the sneak preview out, why didn't they just leave them alone and go on to the next episode? Surely it was a lot of work to edit the music after the dub was already completed?
I dont even know anymore.
Wait... Was that seriously dub music they used? it sounded incredible, and it sounds like real instruments were used! What the hell!!
If this is the quality of dub music we have, then i wouldn't mind them changing the ost at all.
Then they need to be in a hurry more often.Originally Posted by EliteTrainerXeos
Seriously, going to the trouble to go back to an already finished episode and deciding to fuck it up by replacing video game music that we're all familiar with...Yash is right, the Pokemon dub really is a lost cause.
Is *this* the reason there was that big gap between the final BW episode and this first XY one?