Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: S16 ep44 "Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!"

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 ep44 "Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!"

the good-bye scene sure could have used some emotion, quite disappointed that Scraggy didn't get to say good-bye to Axew since they were so close to each other. Also would have been great if the whole Pokemon group could have been able to say good-bye to each other.

I did like Jessie's voice when she was trying to pretend she was James and switching back and forth, it was pretty amusing. It was pretty weird to hear a telephone ring as the warning for the train about to leave. Their disguises were probably the most obvious I've seen, a little bit of suspicion by Ash and his friends would have been nice to see, instead of assuming that it was just Jessie and not wondering where James was.

Quite a few disappointments, so I didn't like this episode very much. It did have a few interesting moments so I don't find it terrible, just so-so.

Well I was able to predict how team rockets plan would work out in the end. Here's how it went: 1. They came up with a plan to capture Ash, Iris, and Cilans pokemon. 2. They put the plan into action by lifting the ship up into the air. 3. When they thought their plan was a success Ash and his friends prevented them from leaving and ruined their plan. 4. Ash and his friends sent them blasting off for the millionth time. Anyway how is it that Alexa didn't feel the ship being lifted into the air? Is she really that oblivious? Also I think Iris may have been a little too enthusiastic about going to Johto I mean she didn't spend enough time in Kanto to really enjoy it.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 2nd December 2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: pp
    I'm still trying to win the Lumiose city ID lotto. My friend code: 4682 - 9693 - 3464

Rush, rush, rush!!

I get that Cilan and Iris weren't exactly the most popular companions in the series or anything, but way to shove them under the rug in the last three minutes, there, writers! I hate to hate on BW, really, but... DP191 was so much better. At least Piplup was sad he was leaving.

I really wonder why they didn't shove Cilan out last episode if they were going to get rid of him this fast, anyway. It would at least make sense for him to go back to the gym with his brothers instead of a random fishing competition out in Hoenn with Mr. Briney (?!?!). Also, if he and Iris were going the same way, does that mean Hoenn is west of Kanto? Because I would think it'd be easier to just hop on a boat right at Vermillion to get there...

As for the Team Rocket plot, I liked the idea behind the sub thing more than the balloon one. I'm not really sure why the failed part of the plan was in the episode, though. Couldn't they have used those few extra minutes to, oh, I don't know, make the characters sad about leaving? I liked Jessie posing as both herself and James and Meowth's little vacuum thing, but they just took up way too much of the episode's valuable time.

Anyway, best wishes, Best Wishes! Can't say I've loved it, but there was enough good along the way to keep me watching. Only one more left.
    matt0044 likes this.
    I spend way too much time in Nimbasa City.

This episode was perfect. It really did a great job of summing up everything about the Best Wishes saga. Ash and company where at their absolute peak of stupidity, falling for one of Team Rocket's worst plans ever and taking ages to stack the boxes. The departure scene not only was the most rushed thing I've ever seen, but lacked any sense of emotion as there would have been from the old companions leaving, proving once and for all this team wasn't as close as the old ones. Iris getting to Kanto and instantly wanting to leave for Johto? Genius. Cilan getting that scene last episode where he said he wanted to stay with Ash because he enjoyed traveling with him so much and then leaving for a fishing thing in Hoenn we've never heard about instantly? Brilliant. My only complaint is that Porter's voice had a bit too much effort in it, it almost sounded like they where actually trying to make him sound like a real person instead of just reading their script.

10/10, exactly the kind of episode this team deserved as their finale.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

This episode described best wishes in a nutshell

Rushed
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

I just finished watching this episode, and I can't say I'm too surprised. Mainly because I saw the sub episode but that's besides the point. I skipped the first part of the episode, because my hatred for Team Rocket was too much at the moment. So that leaves me to critique the last... What? Five minutes? Well, to say the least, it was rushed, and frankly, left a bitter taste in my mouth. I mean, it is just so pathetic how much they obviously don't care for each other. I don't think they even once said they'll miss each other. (I could be wrong, but I don't remember hearing it).

It was really stupid to me how excited both Iris and Cilan were getting Kanto, and than they just leave. Iris' reason is the most stupid of all; she is so excited seeing what, 6 new Pokemon, that she wants to go travel more. Like seriously... You have a whole region to explore right here! Why not explore one before rushing to another? Cilan's reason was better, but still lame. Like seriously... What was the point of them coming to Kanto just to leave?

Oh, and minus a point for Ash not going to see Ambipom.

0/10 would n0t fuk
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Not only was the first part TOTALLY illogical and defied all the rules of physics I know,
    I dunno...that took me back to the Kanto days!

Hell, I actually like this episode for its Kanto-style nuttiness!

I feel the exact opposite about TR here than others. I fucking LOVED them here! From their original plan about spinning the ship using their sub to lifting the whole damn thing with balloons to Jessie playing James just to throw them off while he disguised as Parker to them trying to the steal the whole ship's worth of Pokes ("Your Pokeballs or your life!") to smacking a fool around, THIS is the kind of Team Rocket I want to see (a lot) more of!

As for the Worst Farewell Ever, I'm not surprised at all. Yes, it feels bizarre that Iris & Cilan spent all of DA excited to go to Kanto...only to IMMEDIATELY leave for Johto. But I've said it before and I'll say as much as I have to: the producers mindset with late BW was "Let's just get this over with ". Though frankly, I'm just glad their sorry backsides are finally gone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12